K-8 & Ungraded
Surprise, AZ

Marley Park Elementary School 4

Posted November 19, 2014
My son has been attending this school for three years and he loves it! His teachers have been helpful and understanding. I have no complaints! I would definitely recommend this school.

Posted October 09, 2014
This school and the administration is a BIG JOKE! WHO CARES your an A+ school, when a majority of the teachers there HATE THEIR JOBS, which is so obvious- and the poor kids get the brunt of it all! Teachers walk out in the middle of class because they are so fed up. My daughter had 4 (seriously 4 different teachers) in second grade because they all KEPT QUITTING!

Marley Park Elementary School 5

Posted June 01, 2014
We had the best teachers this last year! Sad to see the school year end. Good teachers and curriculum are so important to great learning, but parental involvement is also crucial. When parents and teachers work together , great things happen. I feel like that was our experience at Marley Park this last year.

Posted April 13, 2014
My son attended Marley Park his Kindergarten year. His teacher was not the best. She is the reason why I removed my child from that school. Poor kids. The teacher was not patient, yelled at the kids, and often complained my son had to "slow" down because he was always finished first... (He is very smart) My son attended the year his teacher started teaching... I wonder if she had any OJT because she was a HORRIBLE teacher. His teacher helped me on my decision to pull my son out of the Dysart district and on to a charter school. I am not impressed with this school at ALL. It looks pretty on the outside, but if they hire teachers like her- I am not interested. Now all my kids attend Calibre Traditional school and is challenged daily- unlike Marley Park.

Posted January 20, 2014
I have a child in the Cambridge program which everyone seems to believe is 'elite' and treated better than everyone else. The kids who are not in the Cambridge program treat the Cambridge students as if they're the odd ones out. It makes them feel like they aren't normal and that they're weird. My kid doesn't feel like they need their approval because they've been in Cambridge long enough to stop caring what the other kids think of them but what about the younger kids just going into 6th grade Cambridge? They're being separated from they're friends just like when Cambridge was first introduced. Plus, the teachers are not interactive at all. They want kids to ask questions but if they ask the wrong one, the teachers make them feel dumb for not already knowing. Especially some teachers that talk to the students with attitude and unnecessary sass

Marley Park Elementary School 2

Posted November 05, 2013
Can't wait to get our daughter out of here. Teachers are completely unconnected, leadership as presented to the parents is nonexistant. Child complains about teachers inability to teach. Teachers don't respond to emails/phone calls. Had to go into the office to demand our report card which was never delivered. We live in Marley Park and have since been scouting out local charter schools. We inquired about the Cambridge program here and were brushed off. Our daughters class room is completely overran by the disruptive students. Chalk another one up to the Dysart school district I guess.

Marley Park Elementary School 4

Posted September 08, 2013
My son is in K and just started going here. He loves it, his teacher is awesome!! I am very happy with the school so far. Only thing that is a little hectic is the pick up and drop off, but what school isn't for kids that don't take the bus? Staff is nice and professional, test scores are high, rated A, what's not to like?!

Marley Park Elementary School 2

Posted May 19, 2013
I just found this site to search for a 'great' school for my 2 children now attending Marley Park. Wow! I too have become very unsatisfied with Marley Park. It was a so, so school but now my 2 kids are entering 6th grade and were not selected to be a part of their 'elite' Cambridge Academy. Cambridge is suppose to be for the entire school, not to separate, as a previous parent posted, the self proclaimed 'elite' from the other students. My kids make the grades, have the motivation, as much as the students who were selected for the Cambridge Academy hosted at Marley Park. I will probably be enrolling them in a nearby school that uses the Cambridge Curriculum school wide. There definitely seems to be a 'have' and 'have not' separation among the students. I can't afford to move from Marley Park Community, but I'm looking into a different school. Pains my soul for my girls that they feel excluded.

Posted May 19, 2013
Marley Park is a 'community' school within the Dysart Unified School District. Don't let the term 'community' fool you. It is in need of much help in the areas of bullying, curriculum, quality teachers, and fairness. We are moving out of Marley Park community and renting our house out. We will rent a house in an area with better schools and better neighbors. We should have done our homework before purchasing. So, if you are thinking of purchasing or renting a home here thinking 'how nice to have a community school' don't buy into that concept. Do your homework.

Posted May 16, 2013
Overcrowded and will become worse with many new homes popping up in the community. Drop off and pick up crazy which will become worse. Small town clickish mentality amongst staff, students, and families...too many teachers have their own kids attend which fuels the small town clickishness of being either "in" or "out." Much recognition of students is based on this, not by merit. Lots of self proclaimed elitism which causes many of the "out" students to experience rejection. Bullying exists amongst students (and staff) but most is covert and goes either unnoticed or ignored. Teachers talk badly and openly about students and their families in the lounge, library, just about anywhere which breaks the law... If you are a staff member's child probably a great experience for you, but I know many students who are or have been miserable here...many students have left the school. They were walkers but now have to be driven by their parents or ride their bikes to another school. If you've ever lived in a small clickish town and dealt with its one and only school...this school is much like that! Room for MUCH improvement.

Marley Park Elementary School
15042 West Sweetwater Road, Surprise, AZ  85379
Last modified Marley Park Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marley Park Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top