Imagine Rosefield

Charter | K-6 | 840 students

We are best known for Accelerated&Character Programs.

Living in Surprise

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $123,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,160.

Posted yesterday

This is our third year at Rosefield and we love it! We started our daughter a year early and she is excelling academically. The teachers are great and Mr. Mecca is very supportive. We are very happy here!!

Posted yesterday

I think imagine rosefield is a wonderful school with amazing teachers and staff. My daughter loves this school and has shown growth in her academics since switched to imagine rosefield.

Posted yesterday

I have a 2nd grader and a Kindergartner and we couldn't be happier. This is our third year at this school and we have no complaints. I love that the school administration communicates with us often (sometimes twice a week) through email. The teachers we've had are exceptional. My kids are receiving an outstanding education. We love Imagine Rosefield!

Posted yesterday

Imagine Rosefield is a school that teaches character. something that is no longer taught in many homes accross the United States today. Character and education go hand in hand to prepare students for how to act in the real world. Employers are looking for students that have strong moral fiber, and I believe that Imagine Rosefield lays the groundwork for this growth. I am proud to be a Rosefield parent, to know that what I teach my son at home is reinforced by all the teachers at his school. This is a parent choice school and i stand by my choice to send my son here, to a place that he is held accountable at school as he is at home.

Posted Monday, August 25, 2014

I have 5 kids and we have been going to Rosefield since 2007. We absolutely love it. The teachers are amazing. They are talented educators but they also go above and beyond to take care of my kids, to love them and to make sure they are always challenged. The school provides art, PE, music and computer instruction as well as the core standards. Each grade level does a community service project every year which I think is an essential part to a good education. My kids are progressing in all areas of their lives and I love that. I also appreciate how family friendly the school is. The district schools in the area do not allow younger children to accompany parents for any reason including class presentations, celebrations and assemblies. I can bring my younger children with me when I visit the school. They are also very accepting of volunteers so I can be involved that way as well. The principles are visible and accessible. We could not be happier.

Posted Monday, August 25, 2014

Our family loves imagine rosefield!!! We love the teachers!! They really care about their students. The parent-teacher communication is excellent! The minute you walk into the building the front office greets you with a smile. The field trips and extra curricular activities are fantastic.

Posted Monday, August 25, 2014

I was so excited when my kinder got into Rosefield! What a difference compared to Dysart! She adores her teachers, the uniforms are a great relief from having to figure out what to wear, principal is very involved, and it has the feel of a private school. So looking forward to the years to come!

Posted Monday, August 25, 2014

We are in our fifth year at Imagine Rosefield. We thoroughly enjoy the school. The faculty shows genuine interest and enthusiasm for their students. It is a fun, nurturing environment for children to learn and grow in.

Posted Monday, August 25, 2014

We have been at Rosefiled since December of last year. I was most impressed with the schools ability to recognize where my son was struggling and establish intervention within days of being at the school. My son went from a Kindergarten reading level to a 2nd grade reading level within 3 months (as a first grader) Our previous school had constantly told us (as parents) that clearly we were not reading with him at home. With intervention and continued reading at home our son has excelled. While I believe any school you look at will have strengths and challenges, Rosefield as a whole is a great fit for our children. They have several after school programs and do a great job getting kids involved in celebrating education and promoting school spirit. Fifth Grade began using Cornell note taking this year. I was excited about this since our children had used this previously. Front office staff is amazing. They greet you warmly are extremely helpful. The administration (Principal and Dean of Academics) have a strong presence on campus. There is daily interaction with them and I appreciate their accessibility. I would strongly recommend giving Rosefield a look.

Posted Monday, August 25, 2014

This is a great school. My kids are happy and teachers work very hard to make sure the students succeed.

Posted Monday, August 25, 2014

I was not happy with the public school my daughter was attending and I had my daughter start 3rd grade last year at Imagine Rosefield and I'm glad I did. The teachers truly care for the students and my daughter has shown improvement in her reading, writing, and match schools. My daughter and I love Imagine Rosefield and staff.

Posted Monday, August 25, 2014

I love this school. My daughter is going there this year and she has a great teacher who is excellent at communicating with me, weekly updates from the principal, and overall much better organization than the public school she came from. I would recommend this school toaanyone with elementary school age children.

Posted Monday, August 25, 2014

We are new to Imagine Rosefield this year and have been made to feel very welcomed. Before school even started I had went into the office to get some information and the front office staff already knew my sons name and wanted to learn to pronounce his last name. I enjoy the small family feeling and atmosphere, the principal is constantly seen with drop offs and pick ups helping the teachers and students. The PTO is responsive and helpful whenever I have contacted them. I love how attentive the teachers are to both parents and students. Its a completely different, warm feeling than the larger public schools! I cannot wait to enjoy the rest of the year... thank you!

Posted Monday, August 25, 2014

love the school, great teachers!!! this is my daughters 2nd year here an she likes it alot

Posted Sunday, August 24, 2014

My daughter has been at Rosefield since Kindergarten and is now a 4th grader. I am very happy with the education she has been receiving and know she is safe and loved while at school. I highly recommend Rosefield to every family looking for a quality education for their children.

Posted Sunday, August 24, 2014

Imagine Rosefield is my child's home a away from home. This is her third year and she continues to excel all while loving school. There's nothing more a parent could ask for. Staff is friendly and efficient.

Posted Sunday, August 24, 2014

My daughter started kindergarten this year and absolutely loves it. The teachers are very organized and have jumped right into the curriculum. So far we are happy with our decision to have our daughter attend here.

Posted Sunday, August 24, 2014

My previously homeschooled kids are attending school for the first time at Imagine Rosefield. My kids love it. Their teachers are sweet and extremely hard working. At drop off in the morning they are greeted with smiles and friendly faces. The teachers do a really good job at keeping parents in the loop and the curriculum is keeping my kids challenged. The staff is kind and I don't have the room to type all of my praises of the amazing school nurse who treats my children like they were her own. I am beyond happy with this school.

Posted Sunday, August 24, 2014

My son has attended Imagine for 3 years now and it has truly helped him with his learning progress.

Posted Sunday, August 24, 2014

My daughter is in her 2nd year here and I absolutely love this school. There is no better place I would put her. I highly recommend this school for anyone, It's a great positive environment.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

110 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

110 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 16%N/A47%
Female 52%N/A49%
Male 48%N/A51%

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • National Imagine School of the Year for Parent Choice and Character Development. Highly Performing School Designation from AZ L (2011)
  • National Imagine School of the Year for Character Development and Parent Choice. Highly Performing School Designation from AZ L (2011)
  • Performing Plus School Designation from AZ LEARNS. (2011)

Special education / special needs

• Yearbook

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Gifted / high performing

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • James Mecca & Michael Brotherton
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Is there an application process?
Fax number

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Speech and language impairments

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Sports

• Choir / Chorus
Performing arts
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

Apply now

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Imagine Middle School at Surprise