Imagine Rosefield

Charter | K-6 | 840 students

We are best known for Accelerated&Character Programs.

Living in Surprise

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $123,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,160.

Posted September 9, 2014

My child is currently in the 3rd grade and this is our 3rd year at Imagine Rosefield. Our experience has been extremely positive, the staff is incredibly dedicated to the development of the students, the character development that is encouraged and recognized shows that the goal is to help each student not only excel academically, but to also understand what it takes to be a responsible and active citizen within a community.

Posted September 8, 2014

I love our school! The overall feel is inviting and family oriented! There are many ways parents can be involved too. They have reading intervention for all grades, which is extremely important. The teachers are warm and caring too. We love our school.

Posted September 4, 2014

Imagine Rosefield remains a favorite for us, even with us having to juggle schedules more with our older children, our two girls are having a great enough experience that we don't want to take it away. They both have IEPs and special needs and Imagine Rosefield has been our best experience for helping them succeed!

Posted September 3, 2014

Our family loves this school, we have been apart of this fabulous school for 2 years. And our youngest will start pre-K in 2 years. We will continue with imagine charter through middle and high school.

Posted August 30, 2014

Imagine Rosefield ia an amazing school. The administration and staff truly care about the students. They believe all the students will be successful. While teaching the students critical academic skills, they also teach character trait development.

Posted August 28, 2014

My son has been at Imagine Rosefield since kindergarten and he loves the school, great teachers, great after school program.

Posted August 28, 2014

Imagine Rosefield is a wonderful elementary school! Our children have been going there since kindergarten, and the school has impressed us year after year with their dedication to academics, character, the children and their families! They are constantly striving to achieve more as a school as well as meeting individual goals. It is a clean, friendly, and safe environment for young children to learn and grow up in and into remarkable individuals. Parent involvement is celebrated at the school, which in turn only enriches the student's experience as well as the parents'. To be a part of Rosefield, is to be a part of a family!

Posted August 28, 2014

We love Imagine Rosefield. I have a 3rd grader and a kindergartner enrolled at Imagine Rosefield. This is their first year at this school, and I wish I would have sent them here last year instead of enrolling in the Dysart District. There are so many positive things about this school. The teachers and staff are always friendly and warm, and make every parent and student that comes into the school feel welcome. Principal Mecca is very friendly and involved with the activities around school, and can even be seen helping out with parent drop off and pick up. There is great communication between the teachers/staff and parents regarding the goings-on around school with the mass emails, classroom newsletters, mobile phone apps, and class websites. I really could go on and on with positive words. The ONLY bothersome thing about the school, is that there is no busing available, and parent drop-off/pick-up is pretty crazy. Imagine does a great job of managing the traffic as best they can to make the drop off/pick up go as smooth as possible, though.

Posted August 28, 2014

My son absolutely loves this school! The teachers are great, and the office staff is also very friendly and helpful!

Posted August 27, 2014

My kids have been going to Rosefield for 2 years and we all absolutely love it. The teachers and staff are warm, friendly and talented in what they do! Outstanding place!!

Posted August 27, 2014

This is our first year at Rosefield. We have 2 children that attend, one in Kindergarten and one in 1st grade. We were looking at schools that were a little more focused on academics.. but still made it a fun place to come to everyday. This is definitely it. I have watched my littlest one in Kinder come home and tell me how great his day was and all the new and exciting things he learned (shout out to Mrs. Heimann). As far as the 1st grader he was a little behind, given the fact that the school he attended the prior year, was not as driven as Rosefield. After a discussion for about 35 min on the phone one night with his 1st grade teacher.. I knew that this teacher was NOT going to give up on my son. Not only did I feel that, but she told me that as well... it will still be a long road to get him where he needs to be BUT with the motivation of this teacher (Mrs. Gutherie) we WILL make it. Thank you Rosefield.

Posted August 26, 2014

This is our third year at Rosefield and we love it! We started our daughter a year early and she is excelling academically. The teachers are great and Mr. Mecca is very supportive. We are very happy here!!

Posted August 26, 2014

I think imagine rosefield is a wonderful school with amazing teachers and staff. My daughter loves this school and has shown growth in her academics since switched to imagine rosefield.

Posted August 26, 2014

I have a 2nd grader and a Kindergartner and we couldn't be happier. This is our third year at this school and we have no complaints. I love that the school administration communicates with us often (sometimes twice a week) through email. The teachers we've had are exceptional. My kids are receiving an outstanding education. We love Imagine Rosefield!

Posted August 26, 2014

Imagine Rosefield is a school that teaches character. something that is no longer taught in many homes accross the United States today. Character and education go hand in hand to prepare students for how to act in the real world. Employers are looking for students that have strong moral fiber, and I believe that Imagine Rosefield lays the groundwork for this growth. I am proud to be a Rosefield parent, to know that what I teach my son at home is reinforced by all the teachers at his school. This is a parent choice school and i stand by my choice to send my son here, to a place that he is held accountable at school as he is at home.

Posted August 25, 2014

I have 5 kids and we have been going to Rosefield since 2007. We absolutely love it. The teachers are amazing. They are talented educators but they also go above and beyond to take care of my kids, to love them and to make sure they are always challenged. The school provides art, PE, music and computer instruction as well as the core standards. Each grade level does a community service project every year which I think is an essential part to a good education. My kids are progressing in all areas of their lives and I love that. I also appreciate how family friendly the school is. The district schools in the area do not allow younger children to accompany parents for any reason including class presentations, celebrations and assemblies. I can bring my younger children with me when I visit the school. They are also very accepting of volunteers so I can be involved that way as well. The principles are visible and accessible. We could not be happier.

Posted August 25, 2014

Our family loves imagine rosefield!!! We love the teachers!! They really care about their students. The parent-teacher communication is excellent! The minute you walk into the building the front office greets you with a smile. The field trips and extra curricular activities are fantastic.

Posted August 25, 2014

I was so excited when my kinder got into Rosefield! What a difference compared to Dysart! She adores her teachers, the uniforms are a great relief from having to figure out what to wear, principal is very involved, and it has the feel of a private school. So looking forward to the years to come!

Posted August 25, 2014

We are in our fifth year at Imagine Rosefield. We thoroughly enjoy the school. The faculty shows genuine interest and enthusiasm for their students. It is a fun, nurturing environment for children to learn and grow in.

Posted August 25, 2014

We have been at Rosefiled since December of last year. I was most impressed with the schools ability to recognize where my son was struggling and establish intervention within days of being at the school. My son went from a Kindergarten reading level to a 2nd grade reading level within 3 months (as a first grader) Our previous school had constantly told us (as parents) that clearly we were not reading with him at home. With intervention and continued reading at home our son has excelled. While I believe any school you look at will have strengths and challenges, Rosefield as a whole is a great fit for our children. They have several after school programs and do a great job getting kids involved in celebrating education and promoting school spirit. Fifth Grade began using Cornell note taking this year. I was excited about this since our children had used this previously. Front office staff is amazing. They greet you warmly are extremely helpful. The administration (Principal and Dean of Academics) have a strong presence on campus. There is daily interaction with them and I appreciate their accessibility. I would strongly recommend giving Rosefield a look.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

110 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

110 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 16%N/A47%
Female 52%N/A49%
Male 48%N/A51%

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • National Imagine School of the Year for Parent Choice and Character Development. Highly Performing School Designation from AZ L (2011)
  • National Imagine School of the Year for Character Development and Parent Choice. Highly Performing School Designation from AZ L (2011)
  • Performing Plus School Designation from AZ LEARNS. (2011)

Special education / special needs

• Yearbook

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Gifted / high performing

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • James Mecca & Michael Brotherton
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Is there an application process?
Fax number

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Speech and language impairments

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Sports

• Choir / Chorus
Performing arts
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

Apply now

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Imagine Middle School at Surprise