Imagine Rosefield

Charter | K-6 | 840 students

We are best known for Accelerated&Character Programs.

Living in Surprise

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $123,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,160.

Posted April 26, 2014

Rosefield has a family friendly environment. There are field trips and activities that the kids will remember for a lifetime. When my son left the school last year, he was far beyond the other students in his public school grade.

Posted March 31, 2014

Imagine Rosefield has been a wonderful introduction to school for my kindergartener. The staff is friendly and helpful. The classroom has an aide and teacher who are both talented at encouraging individuals while maintaining a good group environment. We paid the tuition for full day and also think it was well worth it.

Posted March 24, 2014

I was very disappointed my daughter attend this school for 1 year and half and since the beginning she was having a hard time with the other students, when I took the matter with the principal they said they will take care of that but the problem was never resolve. The teacher that first year was good but there was no organization on that classroom, by the next year they have new staff and she was gone at the middle of the school year they have to let her know we never known the reason but i was glad, My daughter was being bullied from other kids and they seems don't care talk to the principal and again nothing happened I was so frustrated as a parent because my child didn't want to go to school any more, so I take her out of that school at the middle of the year and that was the problem, know she is happy to go to school and I cant ask for more good school too and she is motivated to go. The lady on the front is is only friendly with the people she wants other than that very rude. I so happy i withdraw my daughter from that school. i read before a comment of another parent similar but know I understand perfectly.

Posted January 29, 2014

I am totally shocked that this school only received a 6. Imagine Rosefield is an excellent school. We have been here for 2 years now and I have zero complaints. The teachers are excellent. The education is challenging and they teach at an individual level. The children that attend have been wonderful as well. Their programs are amazing. I can't say enough about this school. I am a very involved parent and have been overly impressed! Thanks Imagine for being so great!

Posted January 7, 2014

I have two children at Imagine Rosefield, and I absolutely love the school. Rosefield's teachers, office staff, principals and parent community are all what makes it the wonderful school that it is. I enjoy helping in the classroom and attending field trips with my children's classes, and I appreciate that parents are encouraged to do these things. My children are receiving quality education in a quality environment.

Posted December 17, 2013

We love everything about this school! The teachers are great and so is the administration. My children love going to school.

Posted December 16, 2013

I really like this school. Our first impression was awesome. the teachers are so engaged with the students and are well structured. I love how they allow the parents get involved.

Posted December 16, 2013

We value academics and feel our kids are being challenged, but even more we value relationships. We have been a part of Rosefield for the last 6 years and are constantly grateful for the relationships both we and our children have developed, continue to grow and enjoy!

Posted December 15, 2013

This is the ideal school for my little one. She is surrounded by educators that care about her future. I think the only person that loves this place more than myself would be my little one!

Posted December 15, 2013

We are so happy with Rosefield Elementary. We love the top notch curriculum, amazing teachers and staff and warm community environment!

Posted December 15, 2013

My kids have been at Rosefield for 3 years now. I do enjoy the school. Great parent involvement and communication between teachers and parents. Love my sons current 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Heintz. She has been a HUGE blessing for our son. He has completely turned around this year, his grades have improved, his attitude has improved, she has been so amazing with him!! Mrs. Beard has filled in in the absence of our 1st grade teacher and is doing a fantastic job. Couldn't be happier!

Posted December 15, 2013

I have had 4 kids attend Rosefield. My younger 2 still attend there. Communicating with your child's teacher/staff & parent involvement is what will make all the difference. Our favorite teachers have been Mrs. Bargainer (kinder), Mrs. Winters (1st/2nd grade) & Mr. Head (5th grade). They have played such a positive role in my children's education with their patience & kindness.

Posted December 14, 2013

My son has attended Imagine Rosefield for two years now. He has been very fortunate to have the same teacher for those two years..(Mrs. Winters). She is a wonderful teacher, and she is always communicating with us parents about the students progress. My son also attends the after-school program. Its a great program if you need child-care before or after school hours. They have also implemented a great security system at the front desk in which all visitors provide an ID before entering the school. Overall its a great school, and my son will continue to attend Imagine Rosefield.

Posted December 13, 2013

I have a 4th grader and a 1st grader at this school. My 4th grade daughter has been attending Rosefield since Kindergarten. I love the friendly, welcoming atmosphere that the school provides. They strongly emphasize character development and education, which I feel is so important. I appreciate that my kids are not only getting a great education...but they are also being taught (and modeled to) about having good character and being responsible citizens of the school and society. The teachers and staff are wonderful and are invested in the students.

Posted December 12, 2013

I remember the first year my children went to Imagine Rosefield my husband and I walked through those schools doors and you would of thought we knew the people there for years so nice and welcoming, made us feel comfortable about switching to Imagine Rosefield!

Posted December 11, 2013

Enrolling my daughter in Rosefield was the best decision for us. In the 4 years that she has been attending Rosefield, I have seen her grow in every positive way. She is encouraged to learn at her own pace and her progress is monitored for all of us to observe. Her teachers have been amazing, always there to help and very quick to communicate with me throughout her time with them. On the social side...The school has a "kids at hope" program that truly encourages all the students to interact and appreciate each other's individuality. Rosefield came highly recommended to me and now I tell everyone I know about our great elementary years.

Posted December 10, 2013

My son goes to imagine and really loves it there! He was frustrated with other schools limitations of challenges but not imagine! He is constantly doing something and being challenged there! The accelerated program is also great ! People are attentive, helpful and always communicating with us the parents! Also very attentive and protective of students!

Posted December 10, 2013

My family loves Rosefield! The administration and teachers are great! The parking and drop off system is very efficient! There is a great deal of open communication between parents and teachers. The teachers enable the parents to be involved and informed on a daily basis. I feel confident that my child is being well taken care of by the teachers and teacher's assistants. Many extracurricular activities are also provided to further educate the students! My child loves going to school at Rosefield!!!!

Posted December 9, 2013

All 3 of our kids attend or graduated from here. Most INCREDIBLE school with thee most knowledgeable, loving, and truly involved teachers and staff EVER!!!!!

Posted December 9, 2013

My two kids started Imagine Rosefield in April of 2013. They are currently in the 2nd and 4th grade this year. They had only been in Montessori school before this and thus far it has been a great experience and the staff has made it an easy transition for them. VERY friendly environment and I feel that my children are thriving here.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

110 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

110 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 16%N/A47%
Female 52%N/A49%
Male 48%N/A51%

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • National Imagine School of the Year for Parent Choice and Character Development. Highly Performing School Designation from AZ L (2011)
  • National Imagine School of the Year for Character Development and Parent Choice. Highly Performing School Designation from AZ L (2011)
  • Performing Plus School Designation from AZ LEARNS. (2011)

Special education / special needs

• Yearbook

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Gifted / high performing

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • James Mecca & Michael Brotherton
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Is there an application process?
Fax number

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Speech and language impairments

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Sports

• Choir / Chorus
Performing arts
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

Apply now

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Imagine Middle School at Surprise