Bad
Good

Rancho Gabriela 2

Posted February 19, 2015
My son has been attending this school for four years. He has had a couple of good teachers (Holzschuh, Tippins, Brigham), but the majority I've found to be way under par. The Principal, Mr Kerr, seems to be a very nice, reasonable person. Unfortunately, you have to deal with his assistant, Ms Fischer, who is extremely unpleasant to say the least. My advice would be to avoid her and go straight to the top. Save you a headache.

Posted February 06, 2015
My daughter was in the sixth grade last year. She was the student of 4/5 of the teachers who are currently still there. All four teachers treated my daughter with dignity and respect. On the other hand, she was a responsible student who didn't cause any problems. Teachers are under incredible pressure to perform miracles with large class sizes and students who come from diverse backgrounds. Furthermore, students often have a perception of a "yelling" teacher that could and many times, is, misinterpreted. All four of the current teachers are highly qualified and work very hard to reach all learners.

Rancho Gabriela 3

Posted February 03, 2015
We have had great teachers until now. The 6th grade team is terrible! There is only 1 maybe 2 that are good and the others are just their to get a paycheck. They could care less about the kids and more about themselves. There is a lot of yelling and rudeness that goes on. Looking to switch schools because I have another one that will enter 6th grade in a couple years. Sad since we have been here awhile :(

Posted August 23, 2014
I have a 4th and 8th grader at Rancho. My girls' teachers have been great. It is sad to see some of the great teachers leaving and I am unsure why. I sub at many of the Dysart schools and I consider Rancho one of the best.

Rancho Gabriela 1

Posted April 05, 2013
I have a 3rd grader and a kinder both with medical diagnosis of ADHD and a request from the doctor for a 504/IEP plan. Upon enrollment I requested services for both the children. My 3rd grader has done well all year with minor problems so I have let it slip under the rug. My Kinder child however has struggled since the first day of school. By the second week I was already noticing a pattern of behavior concerns so I asked again about the 504 plan or an IEP. I provided proof of diagnosis, I did all but beg for somone to help him get through these issues and was denied time and time again. Finally he started to do better so I let it go. After returning from winter break, It started all over again this time with violent outbreak. He has been denied special behavior minutes because he has an IQ of 128! I am extremely disappointed in this school, the administration, the teachers, the Sp Ed department and all involved. It wasnt til I paid an advocate to fight for my child that now in mid April they have decided to "help" him. I have to say if you have a talented/gifted child, a child with special needs, or a child with academic concerns, LOOK ELSEWHERE. This is a BAD School.

Posted November 12, 2012
My daughter has been going to this school since the 3rd grade, now in 6th grade and she LOVES it. The teachers are fabulous and the curriculum is outstanding. We joke about how my 5th grader is doing the same math homework that her stepfather is doing in college. :) So she loves to "mentor" him on his math. She raves about her teacher and how wonderful she is. She hasn't really had any problems with the students there. However my daughter is a very sociable person. Anytime anyone tries to bully or be mean she always helps out the other student and takes them under her wing. Overall, I really do love this school and have NO complaints whatsoever. Keep up the great job Rancho!!!!!!!!!

Posted August 03, 2012
Great school. My grandson has been going here and is now in the 6th grade. Excellent teachers every year. Very caring and good eucators!

Posted December 29, 2011
reports coming from my children who are new to the school and come from a private school background suggest that the faculty, have their hands full and are trying their best with what they have and could do with more parental support, all have their hearts in the right place. keep persevering

Rancho Gabriela 1

Posted December 19, 2011
HUGE school. The older kids run over the little kids in the hallways. You'll find undercompensated faculty, deceiving administration, bad support for special need kids and no transparency. The cafeteria is outrageously out of control with a lack of supervision, kids getting hurt, and not enough time to eat because lines are so long. Curriculum is not fully implemented because administration is pushing for high test scores. Visit the school before sending your child there.

Posted September 08, 2011
Great School, Great Teachers, The Principal is great. They have a very open door policy here and the teachers look out for our most precious metals, they are so caring. The education for children is great. When we first moved here people had told us this was not A good school and that most of the people in the neighborhood went to a nearby Charter School. These people could not be more wrong. Our kids are getting a great education. I hope those people are having fun in a lower performing Charter School. Go To Rancho! It's an amazing School.

Rancho Gabriela
15272 West Gabriela Dr, Surprise, AZ  85379
Last modified Rancho Gabriela is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.