Bad
Good

Really bad experience bullying both from stidents and teachers i dont see that they care at all

This school has been nothing more then HELPFUL! Anytime that my son had some delay in his education, not only were the teachers on top of it, but the school worked quickly and smoothly to make sure that my son was taken care. The staff here is great and I love the way my son gets treated at this school.

After just 3 days of returning to school I couldn't be more disappointed in this school. The "Principal of The Year" Mrs.Winterstein has been a huge disappointment and bully. She yells at children like an angry, grumpy old lady. She gets in the faces of parents and staff to intimidate them. As a volunteer I do not feel welcomed by her, yet other parents are greeted like old friends. I felt like I was in "Mean Girls" and not a part of the Clique. Teachers have told me that she plays favorites and divided the staff. If you are liked you can come late and leave early; otherwise watch out! For such a "great school" they have a large staff turn over; who can blame them? She also allows some parents to pick their child's teachers while others are told no way! I feel sorry for anyone in this building.

This school the worst school my children have ever attended. There is nothing in place for children with disabilities. The school calls me to have them picked up if they act out instead of learning how to work with them. The principal refuses to work with me, help me or is shows absolutely no compassion. She is rude and dismissive, even yelling at me and my kids. So my children have learned that they only need to misbehave and I get the call to pick them up. The teachers take their cues from the principal. During parent/teacher conference teacher didn't to talk to me at all.. I do not feel that they have the best interest of the children as a priority. It seems to be all about the numbers. When I asked if there was an aide that could work with them or maybe stay after school for extra assistance, I was told that there were no funds available to do this, Ultimately, it is my responsibility alone to get them to where they need to be. It is easier to work with the children that "get it" as opposed to helping the few that do not. This school does not embrace my child that has a learning need.

This is an amazing school. We are so happy that our daughter Has the best teachers, and very polite staff.

My son has attended this school for 3 years; 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade. His 2nd grade teacher could not control the class. She was extremely overwhelmed. My son failed the state-mandated tests that year. We decided to give the school another shot. His 3rd grade teacher was amazing! She worked with my son one-on-one. He surpassed his AIMS tests. We were in a good place-until 4th grade. His teacher informed the school she would be out for the remainder of the school year during winter break. The school struggled to find a long term substitute until the end of March. From December to the end of March, my son's class was split into other classes on campus. Some days he was in a second grade classroom! He has lost another year! He has lost his passion for learning. And the school administration has not even bothered to address my complaints. We are done with this school! We are not taking another chance with my son's education.

The staff is incredible and they always go out of their way to help the students and the parents. I have not ever been involved with a school that cares about the students well being so frequently. The curriculum is great and the teachers are amazing.

Over all, I think this a great school and teachers will go above and beyond when a child is struggling

I have 3 boys, one who attended Sunset and is now a Junior, I have a 3rd grader and will have a boy starting kindergarten. Sunset is among the best schools I have ever been associated with. The principal is amazing and the staff and teachers are amongst the best I have ever seen. Through all the budget cuts I have never seen any decline in enthusiasm and will to make sure all children attending this school is taught to the highest standard. I am blessed to be a part of the Sunset Hills family! Go Bobcats!!!!

Disappointed by this school...having had 3 children go here ranging from ADHD to gifted I have found the Prinicipal to be extremely biased and fake. She worries only about furthering her career and not truly helping the children in a manner that would help them grow and become better. Most of the teachers do their best but they are understaffed and classes are too large. I will be glad when this year is over and my last one leaves.

Last modified Sunset Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.