Parkview Elementary School

Public | K-8

Posted March 24, 2014

The administration at this school is very unprofessional. The principal does not like to interact with any parent. She does not handle bullying the way it should be. She will only call the parents of the child that is doing the bullying and will not inform the parents of the child that is being bullied. We had to learn from our child that she had been taken to the principals office when we had picked her up from school. When we confronted the principal about this, she told us that she does not contact the victim's parents only the child who is doing the bullying. This is not right and we let her know how we felt and she tries to avoid the issue. Please watch your child to see if they start to act differently. On another note, the school had held to many lockdowns that we feel were unnecessary, which has traumatized our child severly. There was one week when there was a lockdown everyday. We were told that they were not drills.

Posted July 19, 2013

I do not recommend this school. My 2 children had a horrible experience. The teachers are nice to your face and make it seem like they care and are helping the children but when you are not around it is another story. Both my kids were miserable and are begging me to home school them. The ladies in the office are not friendly at all. The only good experience the kids and I had is with the resource teacher. She was excellent and my kids loved her. I am in the process of trying to find another school for them.

Posted May 20, 2013

This school is really a mess, and likely a disaster waiting to happen if leadership is not changed soon. I agree with most posts here, however I do not blame the teachers or staff. The office in my opinion is great, and my kids have had adequate teachers who do what they can with NO leadership OR support from the top. Principal does everything others here accuse her of. Avoids calls, quotes district manuals like a parrot, pawns parents off on the office staff, etc. This school loses a huge chunk of its teachers every year, this coming year there are rumors two entire grade levels of teachers are not returning. Referrals sit for weeks on end. While principal was on leave this yr several A/P's subbed for her and had to clear out "stacks of sitting referrals" in Jan/Feb some of which had sat there since Oct/Nov. Discipline is a non-issue to her and when it is dealt with everyone is "punished" including victims. Bullies are given 2-3 day suspensions and a slap on the hand. Parkview averaged 1.5 lockdowns a month in the fall semester this year. Students who should be suspended long term or sent to the alt. school run wild with no consequences. Countryside it is for us next yr

Posted May 8, 2013

I agree with every complaint on this board. The principal does not give a care in the world to any parent. The teachers are able to talk to their students however they feel and when you try to take it up with the principal she ignores your calls or calls you at 7pm at night when you are not expecting a business related call to happen - she does this so she never actuall has to speak with you. THIS SCHOOL IS A JOKE. The teachers/staff I have had experience with has been nothing more then I would expect in a jailhouse school.

Posted January 26, 2013

My son has been attending Parkview since the 3rd grade (he is currently in the 7th grade). Up until this year, I would have given the school a high satisfaction level. However, bullying is not taken seriously by the administration at this school. My son has been bullied and physically assaulted relentlessly by 2 boys since August of 2012. It is now the end of January 2013 and there have never been any solid disciplinary actions against either bully (not even the ones outlined in the Dysart School District's Handbook). The principal ignores parent's concerns as well as avoiding phone calls, not returning phone calls, and/or not making follow-up calls about incidents. Anybody above her in the Dysart Administration looks to placate you, ignore you, or give you the runaround. The principal also has no problem lying about teachers witnessing assaults (to the police). My son was assaulted, witnessed and a written report filed by a teacher. When I got the police involved, the principal told them that, "there were no teacher or adult witnesses." This school (and the entire district) needs to have its administration replaced with people willing to do their jobs.

Posted January 9, 2013

Office staff unfriendly an rude , stood there waiting for help while all the ladies talked about thier personal lives , seems to me they need to reevaluate the staffs job an responsibilities ! On my daughters first day of second grade te teacher sent her to the bathroom alone an the poor kid was so lost I mean come on !

Posted August 3, 2012

This school was not the best experience. Between the very large class sizes and lack of communication I felt like I wan't being the parent I should be by having my child continue here. My child always has very high grades and when for the first time ever they went down it was a red flag (whoch was also a shock after seeing a report card have having no idea things were goong downhill). Turns out there were issues from bullying that was not taken seriously and in addition to this my child was very bored and not being challenged at all and was quickly growing to dislike school in general. I will say the principle was very nice and caring, but at this point I think this particular school has more issues then one person can fix. I have elected to move to a private school and after seeing all the new school has to offer for the first time in a long while my child is excited about school again. She is also looking forward to a huge emphesis on character and uniforms to put all kids on one level. I am sad to say we were over due in leaving this school. I hope things get better.

Posted February 29, 2012

I think the school board needs to academically review teachers at this school. I am a very unhappy parent, my son attended school 2 years here and it was terrible. Before I moved him he was almost failing 5th grade. It came to me as a shock becaues I was never told or warned up until they said he is failing. According to this school he was not meeting his grade level. I decided to switch him schools and it has only been 2 months and my son has made student of the month. Took state test and met all required scoring.

Posted September 7, 2011

I am more frustrated and disappointed with every interaction I have with this school. Parent involvement is not wanted here. Their policy seems to be to do whatever it takes to keep parents out. First, smile, nod and say whatever they want to hear to get em to leave and if that doesn't work, treat em like a criminal and they'll leave for sure! And this is where I'm supposed to leave my child? Teachers lie to your face about what's happening in the classroom, the administration can't figure out what they're doing, tell you to jump through hoops, then tell you you're not allowed to be there. It's not just incompetence, it's a lazy disregard of parents.

Posted May 10, 2011

This School is bad, bad from its inept administration, to its neglectful teachers. My child is constantly bullied and despite talking to teachers and staff nothing gets done other than blaming and punishing the student that is the victim. When you go up the chain of command for the district you get passed around because no one wants to do anything. This school needs a complete overhaul from the top down and accountability for their actions.

Posted March 16, 2011

My child has had difficulties academically since 5th grade and the Principal and Vice principal have done nothing to help. The 5th,6th, and 7th grade teachers are a joke. They do what they want with no recourse. When questioned they blame the student for not learning and that's that. Collect your paycheck and go home is their motto. We won't be back. Sadly we pay taxes and have no say.

Posted July 13, 2010

This school is horrible! It was our first year in a public school and my kids had a horrible experience. They do not assist when children need help academically, the administration is horrible at resolving issues and there is no discipline of students. One child had severe issues with bullying and the principal did basically nothing but get defensive. One year was more than enough, we will never go back.

Posted April 13, 2010

The administration at this school is below acceptable. There is not any discipline, and when the principal is dealing with students, which is not often, she is rude and uncaring. When interacting with parents, her disapproval for the teachers is obvious in her lack of support for the teachers.

Posted March 1, 2010

Front office is great! I am pleased with my daughter's Kinder teacher, we couldn't have asked for a better teacher!

Posted September 23, 2009

The front office staff is amazing. It is clear that they care about the children as if they were their own. Arrangements to pick up my daughter fell apart at the last minute causing my daughter to have to wait in the office for some time. Although I knew she was in good hands I was still feeling very anxious and worried. It was very relieving to find out from my daughter that the staff made her wait as pleasant as possible. The Attendance Clerk, Rebecca Lopez, went as far as to get my daughter a package of Pop Tarts for a snack. I felt terrible that my daughter had to wait but it is great to know that I can count on the teacher and staff team at Parkview Elementary.

Posted September 15, 2009

My grandson was attending another local school and just wasn't happy. Since he came to Parkview he is alot happier and learning more. Mrs. Amos is patient with all the kids in her class. I will say on Grandparents Day it was a little unorganized. It should have been held in the cafeteria and not each classroom. Some grandparents had students in several classes and didn't get to visit with them due to the small window of time given to meet in each classroom. Front desk people are very friendly and helpful. Parent involvement has room for improvement.

Posted July 22, 2009

Parkview is a great school! I don't agree at all with some of the other reviews... Parkview has very caring teachers, good, strong administration and the office ladies are very friendly and helpful! I will agree that parent involvement is low... I invite all Parkview parents (whether you're happy or unhappy with the school) to join PTA and get your voice heard!

Posted May 19, 2009

Need better teachers, and more communication from them.

Posted April 28, 2009

I love this school my son is attending Kinder this year and Mrs Reed is the best he is doing great and I feel like the school and the teachers really care about the kids my son loves it there and I am very sad that he may have to change schools next year due to us moving. the after school program is also great. the only think I am not happy about is the lack of home work now due to cut backs on paper I would be more than willing to donate paper if it meant my child would have the proper home work

Posted October 20, 2008

This school is an absolute joke!! From the 'special' schedule to the lack of innovation amongst teachers, this school is bound to fail. The principal could care less about parent concerns and the front office staff is rude and aloof. I no longer have the patience to let the problems 'trickle out'. We have removed our child from Parkview and it is the best hting we could have done for her future education.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

79 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

79 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

82 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

82 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

75 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

75 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 51%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (623) 523-8661

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

15800 N. Parkview Place