Bad
Good

Develops character: Agree

If your child isn't a bad student you shouldn't have to worry about this. If you do let me assure you, your kid will learn. But maybe you should help enforce honesty, integrity, and fairness as well.

This school is one of the best. It might not be well funded or fancy fancy but it's enough. The staff is great. When you actually get to know them they're wonderful. They will make you laugh and care about your students and make a connection with them. And of course teach your students. Which in the end is all that really matters.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I love this school, it's been my home for years. The staff is wonderful, they honestly get to know you at a personal level and show you that they care. Chances are if your child is doing bad they will tell you and will want to help you. They know what they're doing. I recommend this school one hundred percent to anyone. -from someone who actually went to parkview

1)you can hear the teachers talking poorly about other parents or students after school while you're waiting for your kid to come out of school. 2)then if a kid was bad the teachers will not have a problem telling a parent for other parents to hear their business. 3)even though she was never my child's teaxher, mrs.barb or whatever, a sub there, was very rude and she was the main reason I began to worry about how other teachers might be treating the kids there. 4) the pta here is awesome and they do fun fundraisers. Which is the only good thing the school has going on. I think if it were not for the pta or parent involvement this school would just be awful awful. 5)if you pay attention to facial expressions and body language you can tell only a few of the teachers their seem to really enjoy and have a passion for their career.you will see a lot of grumps after school and before when you drop or pick up your kids. Try hard to find a better school because unless you like to be the teachers pet you will not feel 100% happy here. Otherwise this place gets the job done. Nothing special and ok if you have no other option.

The administration at this school is very unprofessional. The principal does not like to interact with any parent. She does not handle bullying the way it should be. She will only call the parents of the child that is doing the bullying and will not inform the parents of the child that is being bullied. We had to learn from our child that she had been taken to the principals office when we had picked her up from school. When we confronted the principal about this, she told us that she does not contact the victim's parents only the child who is doing the bullying. This is not right and we let her know how we felt and she tries to avoid the issue. Please watch your child to see if they start to act differently. On another note, the school had held to many lockdowns that we feel were unnecessary, which has traumatized our child severly. There was one week when there was a lockdown everyday. We were told that they were not drills.

I do not recommend this school. My 2 children had a horrible experience. The teachers are nice to your face and make it seem like they care and are helping the children but when you are not around it is another story. Both my kids were miserable and are begging me to home school them. The ladies in the office are not friendly at all. The only good experience the kids and I had is with the resource teacher. She was excellent and my kids loved her. I am in the process of trying to find another school for them.

This school is really a mess, and likely a disaster waiting to happen if leadership is not changed soon. I agree with most posts here, however I do not blame the teachers or staff. The office in my opinion is great, and my kids have had adequate teachers who do what they can with NO leadership OR support from the top. Principal does everything others here accuse her of. Avoids calls, quotes district manuals like a parrot, pawns parents off on the office staff, etc. This school loses a huge chunk of its teachers every year, this coming year there are rumors two entire grade levels of teachers are not returning. Referrals sit for weeks on end. While principal was on leave this yr several A/P's subbed for her and had to clear out "stacks of sitting referrals" in Jan/Feb some of which had sat there since Oct/Nov. Discipline is a non-issue to her and when it is dealt with everyone is "punished" including victims. Bullies are given 2-3 day suspensions and a slap on the hand. Parkview averaged 1.5 lockdowns a month in the fall semester this year. Students who should be suspended long term or sent to the alt. school run wild with no consequences. Countryside it is for us next yr

I agree with every complaint on this board. The principal does not give a care in the world to any parent. The teachers are able to talk to their students however they feel and when you try to take it up with the principal she ignores your calls or calls you at 7pm at night when you are not expecting a business related call to happen - she does this so she never actuall has to speak with you. THIS SCHOOL IS A JOKE. The teachers/staff I have had experience with has been nothing more then I would expect in a jailhouse school.

My son has been attending Parkview since the 3rd grade (he is currently in the 7th grade). Up until this year, I would have given the school a high satisfaction level. However, bullying is not taken seriously by the administration at this school. My son has been bullied and physically assaulted relentlessly by 2 boys since August of 2012. It is now the end of January 2013 and there have never been any solid disciplinary actions against either bully (not even the ones outlined in the Dysart School District's Handbook). The principal ignores parent's concerns as well as avoiding phone calls, not returning phone calls, and/or not making follow-up calls about incidents. Anybody above her in the Dysart Administration looks to placate you, ignore you, or give you the runaround. The principal also has no problem lying about teachers witnessing assaults (to the police). My son was assaulted, witnessed and a written report filed by a teacher. When I got the police involved, the principal told them that, "there were no teacher or adult witnesses." This school (and the entire district) needs to have its administration replaced with people willing to do their jobs.

Office staff unfriendly an rude , stood there waiting for help while all the ladies talked about thier personal lives , seems to me they need to reevaluate the staffs job an responsibilities ! On my daughters first day of second grade te teacher sent her to the bathroom alone an the poor kid was so lost I mean come on !

Last modified Parkview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.