Surprise, AZ

Posted April 11, 2014
Principal Tipton, the teachers and staff at Sonoran Heights are wonderful! We absolutely love our children's teachers. They are fantastic!

Posted October 24, 2013
We love this school and are looking forward to our other children attending. My son is in the first grade this year and is excelling in everything. He was reading some before kindergarten and has been encouraged to continue at his rate of learning. He has not been held back at all, but challenged. I have heard the horror stories of other schools doing such things, but this school has put a lot of thought and time into making sure its students are well prepared for what is to come. They are great at communicating with the parents as well and keeping us involved with our students and the school in general.

Posted August 12, 2013
This school is amazing! The care they put into their curriculum is extensive. It's definitely a big adjustment for some children coming from schools that didn't teach them the appropriate subjects, but kids are resilient and catch on in no time. It can be a little intense at times as far as single file in the hallway and lunch isn't the most fun, but my children are getting the best education in Surprise, by far. The other schools around town should take notes and apply the practices here, to their schools.

Sonoran Heights Elementary School 3

Posted January 29, 2013
My son is in the 4th grade and have another son that attends that school. We have had great luc/k with excellent teachers up until this point. my son has had 3 teachers so far this year which his current teacher just graduated last year (2012). I do not feel that a majority of the teachers works individually with certain students that are struggling. They put 100% of the responsibility on the child. Dissappointed and unsure where to go from here?

Posted October 08, 2012
My daughter has been going to this school now for K and 1st. She had Mrs. Bianchi for K and she adored her! Such a wonderful teacher! Now she has Ms. Steenburg and completely adores her as well! My daughter is an amazing reader, way beyond her grade level, and both of these teachers without being asked supplied her with private one-on-one time with her to give her more difficult reading material and reading comprehension tests. She is now in an ILP for advanced students within her current class and I love that they take the time and initiative to supply students, who are slightly advanced, work that will actually challenge and aid in their higher learning. The principle is very strict but seems to keep the school very orderly...plus the kids love her! Being out of boundary for this school, I love the fact that Arizona state gives you the choice to take your child out of your normal school boundary zone. The school she should attend has many problems. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted July 11, 2012
This was my son's first year at Sonoran Heights! and He loved it!!! his kindergarten Teacher Was Mr. Joy and he was awesome!!!! I loved the fact that I was given every opportunity possible to participate in my sons school activities! GREAT SCHOOL :)

Posted January 14, 2012
My son is in Kindergarten this year. I am very happy we researched and picked this school. I have a lot of teachers in my family and they are amazed when I tell them about this school. The teachers, staff and principal are awesome, they really care about the children. My son has the best teacher, Mrs. B., she always has time to listen and answer your questions. My son loves going to school, and that says a lot to me. We love this school!!! This is a great school with great teachers, staff and principal!!! Wouldn't think of sending my son anywhere else!!!!!

Posted December 02, 2011
My daughter started Kinder this year. I'm blown away at the level teamwork between the Principal, Ms. Tipton, teachers, staff, and parents! I am so glad I chose this school for my daughter! I wouldn't want to send her anywhere else. All of the extras you get with this school is tremendous. I love her teacher Mrs. McCartney! Truly a wonderful person and teacher!

Posted December 01, 2011
Both of my boys have gone to Sonoran Heights since it opened. My oldest has moved onto high school and my youngest is in 8th grade. Sonoran Heights has the best teachers. They are so helpful and very involved in the children's education. Also Mrs. Tipton is a wonderful principal. When you walk into the office the girls know you by name and are so welcoming. I will miss them all next year.

Posted August 12, 2011
We love this school! My son is going into his second year here as a first grader and he loves it! I also have a son that just started Kindergarten this year and he is already doing so well. Great teachers and great principle!!

Sonoran Heights Elementary School
11405 N. Greer Ranch Parkway, Surprise, AZ  85379
Last modified Sonoran Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sonoran Heights Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top