Valley Vista High School

Public | 9-12

Posted June 23, 2014

Really like the way the school has grown in a positive way! Love all the involvement of both staff, students and parents. Great to see the school spirit!

Posted August 13, 2013

My son Has been going here for about two weeks. Front office staff is awful the women need some training on how to deal with people. Haha and they work at a school. Security staff stands at the front gate every morning yelling at the kids as they enter the school. Who wants to be yelled at 7:00am. Come on guys this is high school not a jail. Students Test scores are really low. Prolly because they spend more time dress coding then they do teaching. Geez... I can't wait to met some of the teachers that work at this school. I am not satisfied with this school at all.

Posted December 20, 2012

Love this High School! The staff, teachers, principles, programs & involvement with the kids are outstanding! Everyone seeems to love their jobs & care about the kids~ Lots of smiles & happy students :)

Posted November 12, 2012

I'm a student, and I can say this is one of the best schools I've noticed. The teachers there are great and relate to all the students, plus they easily accept if you have problems with homework and such. They really do deserve more credit and pay to what they do. Some gripes I have is the ridiculous homework and sometimes tests (my math class needs a graphing calculator to just finish one problem that would take nearly 10 minutes without). Some students need more disciplining, and I wish they would allow administration to hand it out. Overall, it's a good school, but just needs a couple of small improvements.

Posted April 26, 2011

Very disappointing. There are some very good teachers at Valley Vista who truly care and love what they are doing. Unfortunately there are many more who do not. Teachers that are consistently out and being replaced by subs, Teachers that do not grade papers then lose them, and do not enter grades. There are to many who are really overwhelmed.

Posted April 17, 2011

I believe that this school is overcrowded and the teachers and staff are overwhelmed; most of the energy is spent on disciplining the students rather than educating them ; I believe that most of the teachers are caring and capable ; most of them do respond to my e mails, but some do not . I believe there is too much emphasis on AIMS testing and other reporting features; which score the teachers and not the students; teachers are under a lot of pressure to maintain their jobs and are undpaid at that . it is an average school. they are busy just trying to keep the fires out .

Posted October 25, 2010

I recently had my first interaction with the Principal and her staff and am sorry to say it was an incredible disapointment. The staff seemed to be overwhelmed and more interested in quick resolution to keep moving than what is in the best interest of the students. The teachers seem willing to help for the most part but my kids get good grades so my involvement with them has been limited. I will say that when my kids missed some time for a family vacation some of their teachers were less than helpful and almost seemed to get angry when asked for homework for the time they would be missing. As for parent involvement, there are a select few (like most places) but those that take an active role do a great job.

Posted October 10, 2010

The principal is inept and has a blase attitude toward education that trickles down to the teaching staff. The school is overcrowed to the point where kids do not get to eat lunch because they spend the whole lunch period waiting in line. There are not enough lunch tables and students have to sit on the ground and eat. The kids do not have lockers and do not have books. There are a limited amount of books available through the bookstore and if you are not fortunate enough to get a book then you are just out of luck. The teachers are not capable of grading papers and entering grades correctly. Often graded assignments and tests are never returned to students. This is a poor excuse for a high school!

Posted May 13, 2010

Obviously, this is student and not a parent. Highly educated I think NOT. The term is overall not allover (allover is two seperate words) So, please do give this review any consideration. I have worked in more than one high school across this country. An there is bad in all schools K-12.. Monitor your children, be involved in there lives and pay attention. You and your children will be just fine.

Posted May 5, 2010

you are all wrong. my child goes there and she is an excellent student, she has never once complained to me about the violence! she says there is some but it is only if you involve yourself, it is not the school's fault if your kid starts arguements with other students.

Posted April 8, 2010

All my dealings with Valley Vista have been troubling. The serious lack of discipline leaves students feeling unsafe. The first year a janitor was beaten with a baseball bat by a student to the point of being hospitalized. The principal waited over a week to inform parents and staff of the incident. I want to know that as a parent! Constant teacher turnover is also a problem. If this was a strong school then teachers would want to stay.

Posted December 2, 2009

I would not recommend this school to anyone who cares about their childs safety. It has gotten so bad we pulled our daughter out and now doing online school. The teachers do seem to care more then the administration of course you always have a few that hate what their doing but need the pay check. Valley is a new school which I do not accept as an excuse and they have a lot of issues.

Posted November 23, 2009

Yes, that is true. Violence has gotten a lil out of hand but it has calmed down a bit. But the new schedule ( which is traditional schedule) has gotten students and teachers dazed. I liked it better last year with block schedule because seven periods a day is a lil too much! but overall the school is excellent and we are a 'Highly Performing' school. Sports are putting us on the map as well as our academics! Keep It Up Valley!

Posted August 19, 2009

Violence at the school has went up and new schedule system had proven to be too much for students and teachers to handle.Overall, this is an okay school

Posted June 28, 2009

valley vista is my school and we learn a lot! i like everything that is going on there and they teach us all well. teachers are really into having everyone understand there work and they understand how hard it is and takes time out of there lives to help us! i<3 VVHS

Posted March 23, 2009

i was a former student at valley vista. I started there at my freshmen year and i lef tthe second semester of my junior year and i regret it.Valley vista of what i seen had lots of school pride and im proud to say i was a monsoon

Posted March 1, 2009

At any new opening school, there are always challenges to overcome. As a student at Valley Vista High School, the school is overcoming those challenges with such superior results. The extra-curricular activites can suffice for any students need. The sports will continue to improve, and we'll probably see some trophies in the gym soon! Even though the administration can be biased upon the sports, students still continue to show pride, and the pride will soon engulf the whole district as it continues to grow at this fast pace.

Posted June 20, 2008

I love this school and its athletic programs the coaches are awesome and teach discipline that the athletes will use later when we go into the real world. The education is pretty good the most important part is getting to college and it gives you that opportunity as every high school does if the students want to learn as much as they can they'll try extra hard and soak up what the teachers are saying. This school has many good things and i love it. Most importantly it gets us the students where we need to go if we want to get a real job in this world and thats college!

Posted June 11, 2008

I am an educator at Valley Vista High School and I feel that the quality of students that attend this school are outstanding. This school is growing in school spirit and will continue to grow. Extra-curricular activities are being added yearly. This year the school is opening a huge 1,200 seat theatre. This theatre will be the largest theatre in the West Valley. In response to the student's comment regarding NTHS, this is definitely one of our Fine Arts Deparment's goals. New schools take time to grow and expand. This will be our first year to have Seniors at Valley Vista High School. A majority of the teachers have their Masters. My experience at Valley Vista has been extremely positive and I am happy to be a part of Valley Vista's faculty. I love what I do and my students know it.... So, just sit back and watch us grow.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 13, 2008

This school is brand new, so of course there little to no school spirit, but other then that its a spectacular school i attened this school my sophmore year after spending one year (freshman year) at WCHS, and i love both school equally.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

632 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

633 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

625 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Source: Arizona Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 50%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (623) 523-8811

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Note: Data provided by school administrators and community.
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Sports

Girls sports
  • Diving
  • Swimming
  • Volleyball
Note: Data provided by school administrators and community.
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

15550 N. Parkview Place