Surprise, AZ
Students enrolled: 2,356

Valley Vista High School 5

Posted March 31, 2015
I commend the teachers at Valley Vista for their hard work and dedication to the students. In a time where education is not appreciated, they consistently support the students. No school is perfect but Valley Vista has set my daughter on the road to success at university. They are the best for high schools!

Posted February 13, 2015
My grandson tried out for one of the sports teams this year and made varsity. We were so proud of him. Before the competitive games started he was bumped down to JV because boys from anther sport now joined the varsity team. It was a numbers thing. My grandson was humiliated but continued to attend every practice and game. Sadly, he played less than 10 minutes total all season. We went to every game and watched him be the only one never put the game. At the coaches meeting at the start of the season we were told that parents were not ask the coach why their son never gets to play. One day a light came on. He is an honor student. He was used. Not because of his talent but because of his grades. No wonder we couldn't ask why he rarely got to play. He was a token. They had no excuse. To say "it's not whether you wn or lose, it's how you play the game" has taken on a new meaning at Valley Vista. It IS all about winning and doing whatever it takes to do allow good players with poor grades be able to play. They play a game alright . Am I bitter? You better believe it. Thankfully he has learned a real lesson about life, not sports.

Valley Vista High School 1

Posted February 08, 2015
My daughter has been attending this school for 2 years. Most of the teachers care and help the students but due to so many students that cause disruptions in class by violently acting out its difficult for the teachers to spend the time needed to teach those students that want to learn. They need more security personal to handle all the problem kids. The school is more interested in attendance then the safety of the students, the bullying and drugs happen in the bathrooms and anywhere there isn't and sometimes is teachers and security. Many students stay in groups between classes just to help avoid being bullied but that doesn't always help. I also can't understand why there are 2nd and 3rd year high school students attending the school, these are 19 and 20 year old's who haven't been able to graduate, I am not comfortable with my 16 year old around 20 year old's. Now the school budget has been cut so I am sure it will only get worse. I will be transferring my child to one of the private schools like most of her friends have already done.

Valley Vista High School 4

Posted June 23, 2014
Really like the way the school has grown in a positive way! Love all the involvement of both staff, students and parents. Great to see the school spirit!

Valley Vista High School 1

Posted August 13, 2013
My son Has been going here for about two weeks. Front office staff is awful the women need some training on how to deal with people. Haha and they work at a school. Security staff stands at the front gate every morning yelling at the kids as they enter the school. Who wants to be yelled at 7:00am. Come on guys this is high school not a jail. Students Test scores are really low. Prolly because they spend more time dress coding then they do teaching. Geez... I can't wait to met some of the teachers that work at this school. I am not satisfied with this school at all.

Valley Vista High School 5

Posted December 20, 2012
Love this High School! The staff, teachers, principles, programs & involvement with the kids are outstanding! Everyone seeems to love their jobs & care about the kids~ Lots of smiles & happy students :)

Valley Vista High School 4

Posted November 12, 2012
I'm a student, and I can say this is one of the best schools I've noticed. The teachers there are great and relate to all the students, plus they easily accept if you have problems with homework and such. They really do deserve more credit and pay to what they do. Some gripes I have is the ridiculous homework and sometimes tests (my math class needs a graphing calculator to just finish one problem that would take nearly 10 minutes without). Some students need more disciplining, and I wish they would allow administration to hand it out. Overall, it's a good school, but just needs a couple of small improvements.

Posted April 26, 2011
Very disappointing. There are some very good teachers at Valley Vista who truly care and love what they are doing. Unfortunately there are many more who do not. Teachers that are consistently out and being replaced by subs, Teachers that do not grade papers then lose them, and do not enter grades. There are to many who are really overwhelmed.

Valley Vista High School 3

Posted April 17, 2011
I believe that this school is overcrowded and the teachers and staff are overwhelmed; most of the energy is spent on disciplining the students rather than educating them ; I believe that most of the teachers are caring and capable ; most of them do respond to my e mails, but some do not . I believe there is too much emphasis on AIMS testing and other reporting features; which score the teachers and not the students; teachers are under a lot of pressure to maintain their jobs and are undpaid at that . it is an average school. they are busy just trying to keep the fires out .

Posted October 25, 2010
I recently had my first interaction with the Principal and her staff and am sorry to say it was an incredible disapointment. The staff seemed to be overwhelmed and more interested in quick resolution to keep moving than what is in the best interest of the students. The teachers seem willing to help for the most part but my kids get good grades so my involvement with them has been limited. I will say that when my kids missed some time for a family vacation some of their teachers were less than helpful and almost seemed to get angry when asked for homework for the time they would be missing. As for parent involvement, there are a select few (like most places) but those that take an active role do a great job.

Valley Vista High School
15550 N. Parkview Place, Surprise, AZ  85374
Last modified Valley Vista High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley Vista High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top