Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted September 13, 2015
I have been going to this school for about 2 months now. And let me tell you, I am more stressed than I have ever been. The teachers do not do anything to help you, and they don't don't teach. They just give you a packet, packet after packet. We have tests in math and biology every week or so, and I have to stay after school to redo them because I didn't know how to do the work. In PE, they made us do a mile run in 103 heat, and I wasn't reminded to bring water. The security yells at you in the drop-off lane and between classes like its a prison. The school is so overcrowded that me and most students can't eat at the tables and have to eat on the ground. I have way too much homework, sometimes staying up until 8 to finish it all, thus I don't have time to do anything that isn't school-related. I switching out of all my honors classes to see if it will help. I've been crying every morning I wake up, because I'm so stressed. Me and my parents are seriously considering an online school.

Valley Vista High School 5

Posted March 31, 2015
I commend the teachers at Valley Vista for their hard work and dedication to the students. In a time where education is not appreciated, they consistently support the students. No school is perfect but Valley Vista has set my daughter on the road to success at university. They are the best for high schools!

Valley Vista High School 2

Posted February 13, 2015
My grandson tried out for one of the sports teams this year and made varsity. We were so proud of him. Before the competitive games started he was bumped down to JV because boys from anther sport now joined the varsity team. It was a numbers thing. My grandson was humiliated but continued to attend every practice and game. Sadly, he played less than 10 minutes total all season. We went to every game and watched him be the only one never put the game. At the coaches meeting at the start of the season we were told that parents were not ask the coach why their son never gets to play. One day a light came on. He is an honor student. He was used. Not because of his talent but because of his grades. No wonder we couldn't ask why he rarely got to play. He was a token. They had no excuse. To say "it's not whether you wn or lose, it's how you play the game" has taken on a new meaning at Valley Vista. It IS all about winning and doing whatever it takes to do allow good players with poor grades be able to play. They play a game alright . Am I bitter? You better believe it. Thankfully he has learned a real lesson about life, not sports.

Posted February 08, 2015
My daughter has been attending this school for 2 years. Most of the teachers care and help the students but due to so many students that cause disruptions in class by violently acting out its difficult for the teachers to spend the time needed to teach those students that want to learn. They need more security personal to handle all the problem kids. The school is more interested in attendance then the safety of the students, the bullying and drugs happen in the bathrooms and anywhere there isn't and sometimes is teachers and security. Many students stay in groups between classes just to help avoid being bullied but that doesn't always help. I also can't understand why there are 2nd and 3rd year high school students attending the school, these are 19 and 20 year old's who haven't been able to graduate, I am not comfortable with my 16 year old around 20 year old's. Now the school budget has been cut so I am sure it will only get worse. I will be transferring my child to one of the private schools like most of her friends have already done.

Valley Vista High School 4

Posted June 23, 2014
Really like the way the school has grown in a positive way! Love all the involvement of both staff, students and parents. Great to see the school spirit!

Posted August 13, 2013
My son Has been going here for about two weeks. Front office staff is awful the women need some training on how to deal with people. Haha and they work at a school. Security staff stands at the front gate every morning yelling at the kids as they enter the school. Who wants to be yelled at 7:00am. Come on guys this is high school not a jail. Students Test scores are really low. Prolly because they spend more time dress coding then they do teaching. Geez... I can't wait to met some of the teachers that work at this school. I am not satisfied with this school at all.

Valley Vista High School 5

Posted December 20, 2012
Love this High School! The staff, teachers, principles, programs & involvement with the kids are outstanding! Everyone seeems to love their jobs & care about the kids~ Lots of smiles & happy students :)

Valley Vista High School 4

Posted November 12, 2012
I'm a student, and I can say this is one of the best schools I've noticed. The teachers there are great and relate to all the students, plus they easily accept if you have problems with homework and such. They really do deserve more credit and pay to what they do. Some gripes I have is the ridiculous homework and sometimes tests (my math class needs a graphing calculator to just finish one problem that would take nearly 10 minutes without). Some students need more disciplining, and I wish they would allow administration to hand it out. Overall, it's a good school, but just needs a couple of small improvements.

Posted February 05, 2012
Terrible school! The school is way too crowded. The teachers are constantly losing papers and not able to keep up with grading. Quite often graded assignments are not returned until several weeks after the unit test. Teachers are frequently absent leaving the students with a substitute teacher. How are kids suppose to learn this way? If you voice your concerns to the administration or to the district they will retaliate against you and your child.

Valley Vista High School 2

Posted April 26, 2011
Very disappointing. There are some very good teachers at Valley Vista who truly care and love what they are doing. Unfortunately there are many more who do not. Teachers that are consistently out and being replaced by subs, Teachers that do not grade papers then lose them, and do not enter grades. There are to many who are really overwhelmed.

Valley Vista High School
15550 North Parkview Place, Surprise, AZ  85374
Last modified Valley Vista High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.