Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My kids have gone to Western Peaks from K-2 and we have had a Good overall experience. My kids enjoy going to school and seem to be learning and applying information well. I haven't had any issues with Administration or other kids. Prior to enrolling my kids in 2013, I read old reviews and was certainly skeptical. I even began the process of enrolling my kids into A-rated Canyon Ridge but we liked Western Peaks right away and our kids really loved it. When Canyon Ridge called and said they had availability we declined and stayed at Western Peaks. I even had a Canyon Ridge teacher once tell me that the school focuses heavily on the exams that give the schools high grades and they want to continue to keep their own kids at Western Peaks! I couldn't believe it.

There is no funding in the school, and no teachers. Kinder and pre-K Schedules in convenient for working parents.

Amount of homework: no rating

I do not know at this time; I can not say. We'll see what the future holds.

Develops character: Neutral

I have no Idea. I can't say yet at this moment in time. We'll see what the future holds.

Great school! I have three kids enrolled this year 2014/2015. K, 4th and 6th. My kids teachers are outstanding and always keep me informed about how the kids are doing. Safety is also very impressive, there's definitely not going to be any strangers getting in that school or at least past the front office staff. Very happy parent!

The past administration was awesome. The completely turned the school around. It's a shame that the district couldn't see that, and keep them there. I wish them the best if luck with a inexperienced principal and a assistant that doesn't know the staff or the kids. For those parents that thinks it was bad before? Be careful what you wish for. Be sure you got it. Have a great 2014-2015 year.

I am an eight grade student here and I have gone here since around 2nd grade. This school is honestly all I know but it was pretty mediocre with the administration from the past few years. But recently we have gotten a new administration and moral has improved and I'm almost certain those previous reviews were angry parents who can't tell their child/children to shrug it off. Wouldn't hurt to tell them nothing anyone says about them really matters. And for those saying Ms. Mitchell and Mr. Thompson are "Bully Teachers" their kids are just immature and misbehave, and are given proper consequences, if you're disrespectful to the teachers, you're going to be talked to. As far as the actual education, it's all based on how your child acts within the classroom. The teachers DO teach, you just have to pay attention. For those with children with bad grades and blame the the teachers, maybe you should do a double take. Some teacher's methods may seem questionable at times, but you have pay attention to the lessons and not socialize during class. I believe Mr. Thompson's classroom is an amazing environment to get work done, we work quietly for ten minutes and are allowed to socialize for 2.

The current administration (Truett and Hollowell) at this school is the lowest level of life! They are horrendously cruel to parents and students. There are two upper grade bully teachers (Thompson and Mitchell). I can't wait for summer, as we are enrolling our child in another school!

My kids have been at the school for the past 4 years. They're now in 2nd and 4th grade. Since my kids are in the lower grades, I haven't witnessed the bullying other reviews are talking about. The main reason I keep my kids at this school are the teachers -- my kids have had great teachers every year. The teachers and staff are awesome and truly want the kids to succeed. The principal for the first 3 years was awful and contributed to much of the low school morale and problem areas. We have a new principal this year and so far all seems okay, although that's yet to be determined.

My kids having been going to this school since its grand opening day. The past principle was so bad that she finally was transferred to the high school level as an Asst. principle. The current Principle may not be any better. There is a 6th grade female teacher screams at her students, and even worries some of her fellow teachers with her behaviors, yet nothing is done. This school is such a disappointment. Luckily my kids have avoided all the chaos.

Last modified Western Peaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.