Surprise, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,240
Before care: Yes

Western Peaks Elementary School 5

Posted April 24, 2014
I am an eight grade student here and I have gone here since around 2nd grade. This school is honestly all I know but it was pretty mediocre with the administration from the past few years. But recently we have gotten a new administration and moral has improved and I'm almost certain those previous reviews were angry parents who can't tell their child/children to shrug it off. Wouldn't hurt to tell them nothing anyone says about them really matters. And for those saying Ms. Mitchell and Mr. Thompson are "Bully Teachers" their kids are just immature and misbehave, and are given proper consequences, if you're disrespectful to the teachers, you're going to be talked to. As far as the actual education, it's all based on how your child acts within the classroom. The teachers DO teach, you just have to pay attention. For those with children with bad grades and blame the the teachers, maybe you should do a double take. Some teacher's methods may seem questionable at times, but you have pay attention to the lessons and not socialize during class. I believe Mr. Thompson's classroom is an amazing environment to get work done, we work quietly for ten minutes and are allowed to socialize for 2.

Western Peaks Elementary School 1

Posted April 17, 2014
The current administration (Truett and Hollowell) at this school is the lowest level of life! They are horrendously cruel to parents and students. There are two upper grade bully teachers (Thompson and Mitchell). I can't wait for summer, as we are enrolling our child in another school!

Western Peaks Elementary School 3

Posted October 09, 2013
My kids have been at the school for the past 4 years. They're now in 2nd and 4th grade. Since my kids are in the lower grades, I haven't witnessed the bullying other reviews are talking about. The main reason I keep my kids at this school are the teachers -- my kids have had great teachers every year. The teachers and staff are awesome and truly want the kids to succeed. The principal for the first 3 years was awful and contributed to much of the low school morale and problem areas. We have a new principal this year and so far all seems okay, although that's yet to be determined.

Western Peaks Elementary School 3

Posted August 07, 2013
My kids having been going to this school since its grand opening day. The past principle was so bad that she finally was transferred to the high school level as an Asst. principle. The current Principle may not be any better. There is a 6th grade female teacher screams at her students, and even worries some of her fellow teachers with her behaviors, yet nothing is done. This school is such a disappointment. Luckily my kids have avoided all the chaos.

Posted August 06, 2013
Absolutely HORRIBLE school!!! Principal lacks PROPER discipline both a s principal and disciplinary. Bullies seem to be very common in that school. Very few "good" teachers who actually CARE about the children they are teaching. The IEP teachers seem to lack what they are "qualified" to do??!! Just an absolutely HORRIBLE school.

Western Peaks Elementary School 4

Posted May 21, 2013
I a student who goes there. I left an A rated school for this one. Over all, it's a great school, but there are a lot of bullies. The teachers are great, and really try to help me when I don't have the best grades. But their methods for stopping bulling aren't the best. But what counts is: their methods of teaching are great and I am acing most of my quizzes!

Western Peaks Elementary School 1

Posted February 11, 2013
HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE School.... Teachers & Principal lack in proper education and GOOD discipline. Expect allot of bullies, crowding, and poor leadership.. The only plus to this school is Kinder and 1st grade. I live in Surprise and drive my kids to Scottsdale everyday just for high quality teachers and good schools..

Posted January 09, 2013
My children moved to this school from a school in the Peoria School District 3 years ago. The school my children moved from had a very high amount of parent volunteers and involvement. Most of the teachers had been there for 3 years or more (in most cases, a lot more). They had student of the month assemblies, I loved going to them, they were very high energy. The kids all loved them and all the kids seemed to try very hard to be awarded at one of the assemblies. Now, on to my experience at this school. The turn over rate of the teachers is very high. The parent involvement is almost non existent, and so are the assemblies. My oldest daughter needed extra help from her teachers due to a learning disability, I felt as if a few of the teachers did not care whether she learned the subject or not. My step daughter was bullied at the end of last year, a report was filed and nothing was done. The bully was in her class the next day. There was a large number of students who were moved to other schools by their parents at the beginning of last year. Most of these problems seem to be coming from the principal, whom the district refuses to do anything to correct the situations.

Posted March 26, 2011
My oldest daughter attended Kindergarten at Western Peaks. Although we liked her teacher, we did not like the school. The classroom size was very large especially for Kindergarten. Our daughter would come home with 1/2 - 2 hours of homework every evening because the teacher couldn't cover the material in class. The students lacked respect and not much was done about it. Not much parent involvement either. I didn't feel like I ever knew what was going on unless I took the time to find out for myself. t didn't see the principal the whole year either!

Posted March 01, 2011
My son has attended this school for 3 years and has had a few problems with bullys but now we are having issues with a teacher that seems to be a bully. I was told by the admistration there were other concerns regarding this teacher so I am hoping there will be a few staff changes for the better but if not my child will not attend this school next year.

Western Peaks Elementary School
18063 W Surprise Farms Loop So, Surprise, AZ  85388
Last modified Western Peaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Western Peaks Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top