Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Western Peaks Elementary School 4

Posted March 24, 2016
My kids have gone to Western Peaks from K-2 and we have had a Good overall experience. My kids enjoy going to school and seem to be learning and applying information well. I haven't had any issues with Administration or other kids. Prior to enrolling my kids in 2013, I read old reviews and was certainly skeptical. I even began the process of enrolling my kids into A-rated Canyon Ridge but we liked Western Peaks right away and our kids really loved it. When Canyon Ridge called and said they had availability we declined and stayed at Western Peaks. I even had a Canyon Ridge teacher once tell me that the school focuses heavily on the exams that give the schools high grades and they want to continue to keep their own kids at Western Peaks! I couldn't believe it.

Western Peaks Elementary School 2

Posted August 07, 2015
There is no funding in the school, and no teachers. Kinder and pre-K Schedules in convenient for working parents.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted August 07, 2015
I do not know at this time; I can not say. We'll see what the future holds.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted August 07, 2015
I do not know; I can not tell at this time. We'll see what the future holds.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted August 07, 2015
I can not say at this time; I do not know. We'll see what the future holds.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted August 07, 2015
I can't say at this time. We'll see what the future holds. At this time I do not know.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted August 07, 2015
I have no Idea. I can't say yet at this moment in time. We'll see what the future holds.

Posted January 18, 2015
Great school! I have three kids enrolled this year 2014/2015. K, 4th and 6th. My kids teachers are outstanding and always keep me informed about how the kids are doing. Safety is also very impressive, there's definitely not going to be any strangers getting in that school or at least past the front office staff. Very happy parent!

Posted June 30, 2014
The past administration was awesome. The completely turned the school around. It's a shame that the district couldn't see that, and keep them there. I wish them the best if luck with a inexperienced principal and a assistant that doesn't know the staff or the kids. For those parents that thinks it was bad before? Be careful what you wish for. Be sure you got it. Have a great 2014-2015 year.

Posted April 24, 2014
I am an eight grade student here and I have gone here since around 2nd grade. This school is honestly all I know but it was pretty mediocre with the administration from the past few years. But recently we have gotten a new administration and moral has improved and I'm almost certain those previous reviews were angry parents who can't tell their child/children to shrug it off. Wouldn't hurt to tell them nothing anyone says about them really matters. And for those saying Ms. Mitchell and Mr. Thompson are "Bully Teachers" their kids are just immature and misbehave, and are given proper consequences, if you're disrespectful to the teachers, you're going to be talked to. As far as the actual education, it's all based on how your child acts within the classroom. The teachers DO teach, you just have to pay attention. For those with children with bad grades and blame the the teachers, maybe you should do a double take. Some teacher's methods may seem questionable at times, but you have pay attention to the lessons and not socialize during class. I believe Mr. Thompson's classroom is an amazing environment to get work done, we work quietly for ten minutes and are allowed to socialize for 2.

18063 W Surprise Farms Loop So, Surprise, AZ  85388
Last modified Western Peaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.