Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

students displaying great character traits are recognized on a regular basis with awards, parties, and etc.

Very academic driven school, but still a fun school with a lot of clubs and extracurricular activities offered.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They have a Character Counts recognition quarterly. This year they have also implemented PBIS and the Cougar Code. Staff provide students with Golden Tickets when they are Respectful, Responsible, Safe or Being a Learner.

The school is AMAZING! They engage students in STEM based lessons. They challenge, but support students. Our students know how to collaborate, communicate, and create both working in teams and using technology.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are AMAZING! They go above and beyond with technology, helping students, and teaching in general.

We moved our kids to Canyon this year and love the school. The principal and vice principal are very involved. The teachers are wonderful, engaged and excited about the curriculum. Our experience has been that the teachers demand excellence and encourage it the kids' to meet their full potential. Overall, just a very big difference from where we were at before. Very happy.

I have three children attending CRS- Kinder, third, and fifth. It has been an amazing experience through and through. The teachers are the most caring individuals and really take pride in their jobs. They work around the clock to ensure that each child receives the attention he/she needs. They help to instill responsibility and accountability in my kids which is worth so much more than the basic curriculum. The administration plays an active/positive role, and truly care about the families that they are serving. In reading the prior posts, I can see that there have been great improvements over the years and I believe that this is due to the positive moral that the administrators bring to the school. When you walk in those doors, you can tell that the staff is like family to one another. (Probably because they're there so much.... Those parking lots always have staff cars present... Sometimes I wonder if they sleep). Great school!

A+ school of excellence.. A STEM school, with an awesome staff.. This school , to me, is as Private- as Public school can be- I grew up in a Catholic school and there are not many around- but I did want my kids to grow up knowing the same group of kids-like I got to do,, and this school is close to that! There are borders and that keeps the same ones coming back! I know my kids are safe here, and it is a great community.. Cant say enuff positive about this school!

This is my daughter's 5th year at Canyon and I could not be happier! From the front office staff to the administration-- everyone is amazing!! Not only do I feel completely comfortable with asking anyone ( crossing guards/ teachers/ admin) any questions I have, my daughter feels the same!! They all work so hard to keep standards high and to work extra hours with those who may need a little more help!! It is an amazing school-- so happy we are part of such a wonderful community!

I have three kids that attend CRS. I couldn't be happier! The teachers are fabulous, my kids are held accountable and we love the STEM concept. It's obvious that the administration cares deeply about the well being of the school, both staff and students. Dr. Isai and Mr. St. Germain are very noticeable and involved at the school. They are friendly and approachable and it's obvious that the students know they care. If an incident happens that concerns one of my kids, parent contact is made and the situation is resolved appropriately. The parking lot can be crazy before and after school, but there is adequate staff outside working to make things as smooth as possible. The PTA seems to be very involved and does numerous events to benefit the students. There appears to be some drama in the PTA, but it doesn't seem to impact the good they do for the school. CRS seems to be getting better every year, it has come a long way, the change in the administration a few years ago was exactly what the school needed!

Last modified Canyon Ridge is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.