Surprise, AZ

Posted September 29, 2014
A+ school of excellence.. A STEM school, with an awesome staff.. This school , to me, is as Private- as Public school can be- I grew up in a Catholic school and there are not many around- but I did want my kids to grow up knowing the same group of kids-like I got to do,, and this school is close to that! There are borders and that keeps the same ones coming back! I know my kids are safe here, and it is a great community.. Cant say enuff positive about this school!

Posted September 29, 2014
This is my daughter's 5th year at Canyon and I could not be happier! From the front office staff to the administration-- everyone is amazing!! Not only do I feel completely comfortable with asking anyone ( crossing guards/ teachers/ admin) any questions I have, my daughter feels the same!! They all work so hard to keep standards high and to work extra hours with those who may need a little more help!! It is an amazing school-- so happy we are part of such a wonderful community!

Posted April 06, 2014
I have three kids that attend CRS. I couldn't be happier! The teachers are fabulous, my kids are held accountable and we love the STEM concept. It's obvious that the administration cares deeply about the well being of the school, both staff and students. Dr. Isai and Mr. St. Germain are very noticeable and involved at the school. They are friendly and approachable and it's obvious that the students know they care. If an incident happens that concerns one of my kids, parent contact is made and the situation is resolved appropriately. The parking lot can be crazy before and after school, but there is adequate staff outside working to make things as smooth as possible. The PTA seems to be very involved and does numerous events to benefit the students. There appears to be some drama in the PTA, but it doesn't seem to impact the good they do for the school. CRS seems to be getting better every year, it has come a long way, the change in the administration a few years ago was exactly what the school needed!

Posted March 23, 2014
Best school for my children ever . Seven grade teachers are a great team. They answer e-mails inmediately. When you talk to them, you can tell they really care about students.

Canyon Ridge 3

Posted March 08, 2013
I Attended Canyon ridge since it opened and spent four years there until moving to highschool. The first year, the school was brand new and there was no air condioning in the building, but other than that, it was a good school. But, every year the school got progressively worse, going through three principals during my enrollment there, until the teachers became lax, and lazy. The eight grade teachers from my 8th grade year have since been replaced, every single one has excpet one, and it is looking up again. my sibling currently goes to school there in 8th grade and though curiculum has dropped, it looks to be a decent school once again.

Posted October 16, 2012
This is our kids first year at the school and we love it. The expectations of staff are high and they support students in achieving their goals. The principal is accessible and visible. The school offers after school clubs like Lego Robotics and Rocket Club. They also have great sports teams. The girls' softball team just won first place.

Posted January 26, 2012
Reasons we love Canyon Ridge... Very academically challenging. There are many ways for parents to get involved and volunteer. Anytime I have an issue or question the teacher responds very promptly and respectfully. Administration if very helpful and deals with situations appropriately and keeps the parents in the know.

Canyon Ridge 4

Posted September 01, 2011
This is the beginning of our first full school year at Canyon Ridge. We were there for the last half of the school year last year. We have children in 7th, 4th, and 1st grades.We are generally happy with the school, the environment, teachers and the principal. If we had a complaint about anything, we are used to more homework. The kids are learning and are interested in many different aspects of the real world, science, current events, etc. My wife and I are very involved and interactive with their teachers, so this has been our experience. As for other students, we have met some really nice kids and yes some not so nice, but that is the case no matter where you go.We teach our kids to speak up for themselves and stear clear of trouble. My son has an IEP with some special needs. Had no problem with bullying and if there were I know we would have heard about it from the teacher and principal. Staff is very responsible and responsive. As for left wing right wing whatever.. there do not seem to be any political agendas in the class. Science is science, until you get politics involved then it becomes a voters issue, good thing kids dont care about voting yet! LOL Good Job CR

Posted August 01, 2011
My son attended 2nd to 5th grade here. He had great teachers, no complaints. Teachers worked with him to make up work if he got a low grade so that he could stay on honor roll. We did not have bullying problems. He will be leaving for the 6th grade. We will miss Canyon Ridge.

Canyon Ridge 2

Posted May 31, 2011
As a parent moving to Arizona from Michigan in 2009, one of the most important factors in buying a home was the school that my kids would attend. I did my research and bought a house 1 block from Canyon Ridge. Boy how things change! I am so disappointed in both the school and the neighborhood. Kids here are awful. I suppose its the lack of parental presence in their lives, but it is just pathetic. My oldest son has autism and is bullied both at school and at home. I have personally seen 15+ kids chasing him through the neighborhood and throwing things at him. The story is much the same at school. He has transferred to another school in the district with much the same story. My younger son who has always been a straight A student with almost no effort, is failing 3 subjects because of social issues at school and the fact that the teachers just don't give a darn about these kids. The teachers are encouraged to just push the kids through regardless of whether they are learning or not. It's really sad to see. The current administration is horrible. They think that they have all the answers and yet the problems get worse. It's such a shame to see such a good school get so bad.

Canyon Ridge
17359 W. Surprise Farms Loop N, Surprise, AZ  85388
Last modified Canyon Ridge is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canyon Ridge Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top