Tempe, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted November 16, 2014
Rover is a great school. They have a great arts program with band, orchestra and choir starting in the 4th grade. They work hard with students and parents. Their Special education teachers are the best.

Posted November 14, 2014
Rover is a wonderful school. The teachers, staff, and principal are all very supportive. They focus on each child and do everything they can to help them succeed. I feel fortunate that my daughter is exposed to such a wonderful education here.

Posted August 17, 2014
Rover is a great school! The teachers are top notch and the parent community is involved and caring! The school does a great job of keeping the top teachers and churning the ones that aren't quite there yet to keep the academics getting better and better. The administration is engaged and active and visible - there is a sense of caring and also of a place where a kid gets to be a kid - Rover Ram Fans!

Rover Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
My school is Rover Elementary. My daughter goes to this school. We have had nothing but good experiences at this school and I feel is one of the better public schools around the Tempe area. Seems a little crowded at times, but, my daughter is doing well in her 1st grade class. She loves her teacher and has made good new friends in her class. She has learned alot this year, and is looking forward to 2nd grade at Rover.

Rover Elementary School 3

Posted December 30, 2013
Sadly, this school has gone downhill since we started here in 2008. The first three years were wonderful with awesome teachers and a vibrant community feeling. Since then some teachers have left and the community feeling is gone. Communication from the school is non-existent. It is a black hole where you drop your children off and hear little from (some) teachers and particularly the administration about what is happening, what the children are studying and learning about, school activities etc. Some teachers do not even let their students hear school announcements or say the pledge of allegiance. Other teachers in the lower grades continue to be outstanding. We will finish out time we have left to complete Rover hoping no other good teachers leave the school. We miss the caring open communicative energized environment of years past.

Posted March 08, 2013
This school is an amazing and great community school. The teachers, principal and staff are excellent when it comes to the education and emotional growth of all students. I have been a parent at Rover for 5 years and I can't think of one negative thing to say about the school. 5 stars for sure!

Posted January 17, 2013
Our son attended Rover Elementary last year for kindergarten. He was only four years old at the start of the year, so he had to test in. We were so blessed to have Mrs. Gilbert as his first teacher! All of the kindergarten teachers are wonderful, as is the librarian. The school offers wonderful programs such as Fame and Young Rembrandts. I fully recommend this school to all parents who desire a complete educational experience for their children!

Rover Elementary School 2

Posted October 27, 2012
Relocated from Wisconsin with an only child. Her first year at Rover and honestly, her teacher is the best! Picking your child up is an absolute nightmare and I do not care for the principal. The principal never introduced himself to me and he had a horrible attitude when I did approach him about an issue. The Wisconsin school system is totally different, I am used to principals who care about the children they oversee and appreciate parent involvement. The staff needs diversity training. I would not recommend this elementary school after my experience.

Posted September 05, 2012
I am a sophomore in High School now, and there is not a day I don't miss this wonderful school. I had an amazing 6 years at rover, and it seems like they are doing even better now! They really do make the "whole" child. Wish it was a K-12 school, haven't found any schools that compare.

Posted July 30, 2012
Excellent school in all aspects, excellent staff, my children improved their grades incredibly, definitely I recommend this school.

Rover Elementary School
1300 E. Watson Drive, Tempe, AZ  85283
Last modified Rover Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rover Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top