Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They work very hard in having every student where they learn best, in the very best environment possible for their needs.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

They go to any extent to make sure parents know what the homework expectations are and that every child understands the assignments, and if they don't they have lots of options for learning more if they are confused.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

This is a very strong attribute at Rover! Their Walk to ______, learning is brilliant and seems to be very efficient for my child and other children according to other parents I see often do to the many parent student activities.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The words that come out of my 5 year olds mouth since starting at Rover were things such as: "I will do my personal best, no matter what" "Always make good choices" "Mommy, are you proud, I just problem solved how to do________. " "I like to try to include everyone when I play________." Also, singing songs filled with educational learning skills, and walk to read, and walk to math, going to a class of all students on the same level in such subjects. Creating an atmosphere to not have low and higher students feeling bored or overwhelmed. The teachers also encourage parents to work with their children at home in the subjects needed. Constant updates face to face with parents helps parents to know what to focus on at home.

When I was in search of a great school to start my young child in, I was faced with many decisions that were both very scary and overwhelming. I was told to check Rover out. Once I did, it was clear Rover was the best for my 5 year old. I can't express enough how friendly the entire teaching staff was to me and everyone around me starting the journey with their little ones. I truly believe Rover is most likely one of the best Elementary Schools in Arizona, if not, in the entire nation. The skills and priorities followed by staff does nothing but provide an environment to teach young men and women to be respectful to all, creative in any situation, always do their personal best, and learn all responsibilities that life has in store for our future generations. Every teacher seems to follow very strict and efficient activities on specific timelines that keep kids engaged in all learning environments. The focus of Rover Elementary is clearly set solely on the children there learning and their needs to be no less than completely successful in their futures. Proud parent and so grateful I researched every school I could and chose the best, that is clear! Beautiful campus, kind and welcoming teachers, and a joy with all opportunities parents have to be part of this journey with their children. Well done Rover!!!! 5 stars only because there is not an option for any higher. A+ will never describe this school to the superior extent it is.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

What I've seen is a no tolerance policy with bullying. I also love that it seems to be dealt with professionally and not dwelled on to create a drama free or positive environment.

The teachers are great but the front office lacks empathy and warmth. I love the teachers my child has had and that is why we stay but I absolutely dread having to deal with the front office staff. They are very moody and lack patience as well. I have yet to see any real emotion other than a stone face while asking a question. I overheard someone tell a student that came in after the bell rang to "wake up earlier" the children don't need to hear that "advice" they don't drive themselves so address the parents, not the students. I was appalled to hear that being said to a child. Some positivity and some emotion and enthusiasm would go a long way.

Rover is an amazing school! It's been several years since my older kids went there; now we are back with another one. You can't find a better Kindergarten team; they consistently receive the highest scores in the district on Kinder assessments. They collaborate and use a cross-classroom teaching system called "Walk to Read" and "Walk to Math" so all kids can receive the proper level of challenge after they have been assessed. Such a great school that welcomes parent involvement and is a community of generally nice families. The PTA & teachers put on many great community-building events that are well attended, but volunteers are often lacking to assist. Good habits & character are rewarded with weekly recognition in front of peers at Fun Fitness Friday- a brief school wide assembly. Get a tour from Miss Laura in the Rover office & you will be sold on the merits of this school.

Great school. I like teachers, facilities. Very quite and nice. Great school. Great school. Great school.

We have been at Rover for 5 years now and every year has brought a great experience. Every teacher my son has had has been absolutely incredible. Caring, respectful, encouraging, motivating. I could go on and on. They have nurtured and challenged him every step of the way and I feel his education has been outstanding. The PACE program is also incredible and he has gained so much knowledge from the gifted teachers. I work at/have worked at many charter schools in the East Valley and I feel Rover is way ahead of the curve. For my children it is a perfect fit. I would absolutely recommend this school.

Last modified Rover Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.