Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

Bullying shouldn't necessarily be about reprimanding a child for bullying. I think there is a root cause to a child that bullies and it comes from outside of school. Since it's not a schools job to fix what is happening to children outside of school, a school can focus on the potential of the children to realize they can set higher standards for themselves that may not come from home. Higher standards for their participation in society as a respectful and supportive human to the people around them. And if all the children "get it" then they all start helping each other and caring for each other bc they know they have the capacity to do so. They don't have to make fun of each other and build a tough skin and that's a vicious cycle I'd like to see broken and believe it can if the right programs are brought to the schools with behavioral challenges.

My son started in kindergarten here and is finishing off in 5th grade. I have overall been very happy with this school. I have appreciated every teacher my son has had every year and I very much appreciate the Principle and Vice Principal here. My son has been an honors student since the start and they have a very good program for the advanced children to ready them for Middle school and High school. I see a lot of potential this school can continue to tap into and it will just take enough teachers and parents to keep a momentum to create a strong support system that stays alive and passed down each year instead of needing to start over every year. I have been involved with the school and volunteered with the school some years more than not but Parent participation is for certain appreciated. The more I feel a parent participates in their child's education and with the school the better. Overall behavior in this entire district is concerning as I have experienced first hand and it is my suggestion the Superintendent utilize resources the school receives to implement a no bully program and or a program that focuses on right relations that teaches the kids how important their words and relations with each other are. Many of these children's parents cannot participate with the school as it is a poor area and parents are all working long hours so everyone is doing their best but I think the children have a great capacity to be taught to hold themselves to way higher standards of self governing and perhaps the school can create a theme of caring for each other as a familia. Bottom line the staff of this school cares very much and they deserve as much support as possible to create the best environment possible. Somehow bringing the children to understand their participation in the schools overall success by caring for each other would be huge. Lastly, please paint a mural on the gym stage wall! The gym/auditorium needs life. Please have more ART showing off and bring spirit to the place where we all gather to celebrate the children. Thank you so much Scales!

the school is great. Im so happy to be part of a great school

Me gusta mucho la escuela tiene muy buenos maestros

wow! This school is more like a family. My daughter is happy all the time! The staff is so beyond welcoming. they have helped my daughter become the best version of herself she can be. Thank you to all the wonderful teachers and staff!

Excellent teachers, great school i am happy about my kid learning.

Great School. Staff and teachers are well versed and communicate well together. Students are excited to be at school. I have had several of my children at Scales and love that many of the staff know them by name. Academically, they are doing well. I will definitely bring my 3 yr old to Scales when he is 5 yrs old.

Im a parent of two children at this school. My oldest in 5th and youngest in K. My oldest has always went to Broadmor (which is a wonderful school!), the only reason we came here is I couldn't get my youngest in this year and Scales was in our district. I figured it was best to have them at same school and it was after all her last year in elementary. BIG MISTAKE! Let me say, the teachers my kids have are Great! Love them! However, the kids that go to this school are not the best and there is major lack of parent involvement. The kids are disrespectful, mean and there is so much bullying. Both in K and 5th grade. (Been worse for my 5th grader) This has NEVER been an issue at the other school, and had it been it would have been nipped in the butt instantly. I have approached the school and spoke with the assistant principle about issues. She was kind and said she would address, and I'm sure she did. However, there is only so much she can do without parent support. If you want your child to accelerate, keep their grades up, be happy and have enjoyable peers, please find an alternate education route! Do not put your children here.

I sent my daughter to this school for Kindergarten it was the worst mistake I have ever made. Her teacher was good but the students are violent and have no home training. Moreover, the parent involvement is horrible. My daughter would come home sad everyday compared to now where she loves the kids, teachers and enjoys going to school. It's sad when your child comes home and ask if she's Mexican (students were asking her). My daughter is now in Kyrene Ahwatukee area and was the best decision I made for her. If you are an involved parent and have the means do not send your child to this school It looks nice the staff is good IT"S the parents and it shows through behavior of the students. Last two points Her kindergarten teacher would tell us that kids In Kindergarten would talk about choking, stabbing and beating other kids up this is kindergarten. Myself while walking to the car a second grader calls a little girl a B** and says get your A** over here just not a good environment. The second star is for the staff and the technology they try to add.

My son really enjoys this school and his teacher last year was amazing! The school itself is beautiful, and the other teachers I have chatted with seemed nice and welcoming. I do believe the office staff needs to be a little friendlier. I know it can get overwhelming up front but being approachable is apart of the job. The only issue I really had last year was that in the summer the classroom seemed really warm, and my son would come home saying it was hot inside. Students can achieve more in a comfortable environment, so I hope to see an improvement this year.

Last modified Scales Technology Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.