Tempe High School

Public | 9-12 | 1417 students

Posted December 14, 2013

Tempe High School is the best school!! I am currently a Senior and i can say im going to miss this school very much! The teachers here are the best people you'll ever meet! They really care about there students and help them learn and have fun at the same time! This school is an "A" rated school due to our amazing AIMS scores! Also the students here are so nice! This shcool isnt divided ex. athletes, nerds, etc. Everybody gets along and everyone here is different/ unique. We also very diverse. There is many great programs here like H.O.P.E, Avid, IB, Key Club, that would help students when applying for college and their future. The campus's architecture is beautiful! We are also very "Green". We have Earth Week that focuses on how to be sustainable at school and at home. I cant believe im gonna graduate this year! I made so many memories here that i am never going to forget! :') Class of 2014!! \m/ Go Buffs!!!

Posted May 25, 2011

Tempe High is an awesome school. Sports, lunch, and staff members are the most main reasons why THS is the best. Playing for Tempe is an honor. Playing sports is another way to stay healthy. During lunch you can do a bunch of things such as: computers, finish work, eat, or just sit and relax with your friends. Last but not least, Tempe High has our friendly, kind, and loving staff members. They are like our own posse. They are always there when you need help. THS rocks!

Posted May 25, 2011

Tempe high school for a few students is the best school they ve ever been to. Tempe high school is a very recognized school . Its known very well because of the students, staff and teachers. The students of Tempe high are very smart and most of the new students enroll in the AVID program to help them how to go to college. These students have high hopes of going to college and Tempe high is really helping them accomplish their goals. The staff here at Tempe high are very good they help out when ever a student is having a bad day and he or she feels like fighting and they know how to control the situation. They always give support to the student s in more need. The teachers of Tempe high school are the best. They are the most carrying teachers I have ever met. They give you support in all your problems whether it s emotional or psychological. Finally three good reasons why Tempe High School is the best is because the students, the staff, and the teachers.

Posted May 25, 2011

Tempe High School is the best because of the teachers, friends, and students. Teachers are great. They teach us, and help us to gain credits to graduate. I thinks its really generous of them to stay after school and help us with our work. Some of the most important people in my life are my friends. I met all of them at Tempe High School. Students at Tempe High School are very nice and friendly. New students are always welcomed with a smile. Everyone gets along great. Tempe High School is a great place with fabulous teachers, friends, and students. Tempe High School Is The Best!

Posted May 25, 2011

Tempe High School is the best because of the teachers, students and transportation. The teachers here are great. They make sure students strive to do their best. They offer tutoring whenever you need it. The students are very friendly. They come from different cultural backgrounds. Which makes our school very diverse. The transportation is very helpful to students. If we didn t have it we wouldn t be able to get to school and back home. It also helps our environment. As you can see Tempe High School is the best school to attend to due to the teachers, students and transportation. I would highly recommend this school to others. Go BUFFS!

Posted May 25, 2011

One thing I like about Tempe high is how much they care. They never let us fail but at the same time give us a good time. For example they give us a study picnic to help us with finals. That s a big part of our grade and they gave us more time to practice. Another thing is our gear. We have so much cool Tempe high clothes and uniforms. THS shirts, sweaters, water bottles everything following sustainability. Our number one goal. Everyone s so involved. Everyone shares and speaks their mind. Everyone gets along. Last thing I like about Tempe is how much they share. They never give up on us and they re not the type that just throw things at us they take time so we can pass. The students are so cool and gets along. We are the best school in Tempe district since 1908.

Posted May 25, 2011

Tempe high school is the best high school in the Tempe district because of the teachers, students, and the sport teams. The teachers are super fun! They are very good at teaching and know how to have fun simultaneously. The students are the most awesome in the district. The students aren t in different groups of people like most schools, they just intermingle and you don t see that in any other schools, Tempe s sports teams are the best! Go buffs! We ve won tons of championships and even when we lose we re not put down. Tempe high school is such a positive school, I recommend anyone to come here. Tempe high is over 100 years old, and its still up and running. Tempe high is fun, green, and the best school ever!!!!!!! :D

Posted May 25, 2011

This school is very great because the teacher are always there to help, the rest of the staff are friendly and helpful, and the diversity of the students is great. This is a great school to meet different people of races.

Posted May 24, 2011

Tempe High School in my own opinion is an amazing school because the students and, our teachers, and most of all the programs they have here. Students come form different schools and most of them are so different in there own way, but they are all nice and friendly we all get together and help each other out. Our teachers care for us so much. They care about success to the point that they give up there own time to the students that need help, or need to finish up there work, so we can graduate and get a successful job, when we grow up so life can be a little easier. The programs they have here are really great. The one that helps me out us the H.O.P.E program. It gets you ready for working in the health department, getting ready for college, also the future. There are more programs, but the one thing I like is the H.O.P.E program. I think Tempe High is a positive environment for students, teachers, and students that want to go to a very good programs. I will tell all my friends and family to go here. This school just keeps improving and being more successful. The principal here is the best. He cares about us and his school. This school is the best. Go Buffs!!!!

Posted May 24, 2011

What I like about Tempe high is all the girls here from young freshman to seniors especially some of my sisters friends. I m going to miss the seniors that are leaving. I also like the basketball team since I m a tall person to block people and dunk. This year we almost toke the championship but its ok. I like to play it in p.e. I m going to train over summer for basketball and lift weights. But ima miss school in summer since I actually wanna come now. I like the photography class that there s all class year mix in to get to know people. Tempe buffs all the way. yea!

Posted March 31, 2011

Tempe High School rocks because of all the fun we have reading, using technology, and in sports! We do fun poems, read cool books and experiment cool stuff in science. Kind of like in Mrs. Stapka s class. In her class we get to do slide shows and even make a movie!!! Plus all of the students are motivated and they are always pumped up for football games and basketball games. The cheerleaders are the best and also very pretty! They show school sprit and they represent Tempe High School 100%! No school is better then Tempe High and no school could compare! GOOOO BUFFFS!!!

Posted March 31, 2011

I believe that Tempe High is the best because of the teachers students, and the environment Students are from everywhere they come just to learn for the teachers at Tempe High Because teaches are from all over in Arizona or from a different state, so there are more students learning at Tempe High. There a lot of students and they love our school, Look at our website on the internet it shows information of our school and how many teachers and students love this school. Our environment is clean and beautiful. Students help to keep our school clean and look awesome by throwing there trash in the trash cans! Due to the fact that Tempe High school has positive environment for teachers, and students. I ll tell all my friends about this school to continue to improve Tempe High.

Posted March 31, 2011

Tempe High School is an awesome and successful place to go because of the teachers, friends, and the elective classes you get. To begin with our teachers help us with our homework if we don t get it. They try to make us learn new things to be successful in life. Teachers care about their students that they do everything to help them. They even stay after school for tutoring. Some teacher are as if they were your friend because they give you advice and they are there for you when you want to have a chat with them. Then friends, friends are there for you in the good times and the bad times at school. They make your day better. FRIENDS ARE COOL!!! Lastly, the elective classes are awesome because at Tempe High School we have art, P.E. dance, computers, and even more. Tempe High School is the best of all schools. GO BUFFS!!! YOU ROCK!!!

Posted March 30, 2011

Tempe High is the best in the district because of friends, teachers, and their transportation. Friends are forever and most of my friends are from Tempe High School. They are helpful, nice, and respectful, but most of all because they are the only friends that have known me since when I was a freshman. My friends rock! Teachers are here always to help us and help us to understand. Teachers almost feel like a friend because they are always there when you need help. Tempe High transportation are a helpful thing for us, because it provides us with a roof and it takes us to our homes or wherever we need to go to. YEAH TEMPE HIGH! I think everyone should come to this school, when you do .. you won t want to leave this school, because when you do you ll take a lot of memories with you.

Posted March 30, 2011

Tempe High School rocks as we have so many good programs and sports that support our school, such as soccer, football, and cheer and Buffalo Production Club! The cheerleaders show there buffalo sprit with both basketball and football. They have a long season, but love to show talent. They do fund raising to help fund their cheer squad, and they don t leave the court/field until the players are gone. The soccer team that I'm part of made it to varsity when I was a freshman. The guy s soccer team had a great record this year too! They made it to semi-finals! I have relatives that play and they are seniors. I m always there when we don t have soccer games to cheer them on! Now, for the programs we have here at Tempe High School. One great program we have for sustainability is Buffalo Production Club. This program is called the buffalo production. The Buffalo Production helps the school go green. We have so many sports that are great here at Tempe High! This year our men s soccer players made it to semi-finals, and so did our basketball team! Due to these programs and sports it makes the school look positive. Like I said, Tempe High School rocks!

Posted March 29, 2011

Tempe High School is the best because of the students for the following reasons: the looks and personality, educations and our basketball team. Students each have their own way of looks and personality which makes everything look tight. Students here at Tempe are different. We don t look the same or dress the same at all. Now that s Swag! Personality is great as well. We have students that care about education that s why our school is smart. Students here all try their best to become successful. They do what they can to keep their grades up. That s just how Tempe does it. Tempe High boy s basketball came in 2nd place in the playoffs. The team did their best and didn t give up. They did what they had to do and finish their game. Tempe is a friendly environment. Students here have different looks and personality, educations and basketball team. Swag! So why wouldn t students come here? This school just keeps improving and exceeding. This is what is happening as seen with the sustainability through campus and it shows why students care. Go Buffs!

Posted March 29, 2011

Tempe High School is the best because of excellence in excelling, friends, and teachers. Students at Tempe High School have excelled a lot in school work and in academics. Look at our record of excellence! Usually it s real easy for students to do well on their work. It s a fact that friends are your partners in every way even when you think that their not. More friends can be there for you than others, it depends. Teachers are almost everywhere you turn; they care so much about the students. If you have any questions, they are here to help! Tempe High School has came a long ways into having excellence in excelling in work, academics and, having a friendly atmosphere of friends, and teachers being there for students. Tempe High rules! This school is the best school because there are a bunch of things that happens and the teachers always keep the camps a great environment to have fun.

Posted March 29, 2011

Tempe High School is cool because of the teachers, baseball, and basketball. The teachers here at Tempe High are awesome. They have tutoring sessions with students in need of help. Our baseball team is ok. They have their ups and downs, but they stay together as a team. Our softball teams are good as well. Our varsity boys basketball team made it to the state championship this year. Good Job! The girls varsity basketball team made it to the playoffs, but unfortunately lost. Tempe High is a great school and can help you excel in your academics. Teachers, baseball, and basketball are great programs here. I m glad I am a part of Tempe High.

Posted March 29, 2011

Tempe High School is the best because of the art, teachers, and math. Art is one of the most important ways to express yourself. Art is a way that you express yourself and your creativity to others. The teachers teach because they want their students to learn. I think that the teachers do a good job teaching other students what they need to know in the future. Math class is very important for students because it helps them in the future with money, measuring, adding, subtracting, dividing multiplying, and percentages. I think that math is 100 percent a part of everyone s life, because you need to use it all the time. Tempe High School is a positive environment for art, teachers, and math class. I think that this school is improving in every way you could think of. You should see the amazing activities with sustainability. Buffaloes for life!

Posted March 24, 2011

Tempe High School is a wonderful school because of the principal, teachers, and students. Tempe High s Principal Mr. Yslas is the most sympathetic leader that I have ever met. He is not only kind, but he also knows how to have a great time. The teachers care about the education of their students, and would do all that they are capable of to allow students to be successful. Teachers stay after school to tutor students, and they will help troubled students when they are puzzled. The students at Tempe High are from all over the world, and are diverse and unique. If you are new to Tempe High School, expect to be welcomed with open arms, because students are extremely inviting and love new students. Tempe High School always has a positive learning environment due to the exceptional principal, teachers, and students. I can guarantee that you will absolutely love Tempe High School. I recommend this remarkable school for anyone that just wants to fit in. What are you waiting for? Join the family! Go Buffaloes!

Math

The state average for Math was 64% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 86% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 39% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 74% in 2014.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

In 2013-2014 Arizona used the Arizona Instrument to Measure Standards (AIMS) to test students in reading and mathematics in grades 3 through 8 and 10, writing in grades 5, 6, 7, and 10, and in science in grades 4, 8 and 10. GreatSchools' profiles currently show AIMS mathematics, reading and writing results. 2013 AIMS grade 10 results represent on-track 10th graders for the 2013 test year. AIMS is a standards-based test, which means that it measures how well students have mastered Arizona learning standards. Students must pass the grade 10 AIMS in order to graduate. The goal is for all students to meet or exceed state standards on the test.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing".

Source: Arizona Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 41%N/A47%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Special education coordinator
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

• American sign language
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

Fax number
  • (480) 736-4096

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge

Staff resources available to students
  • Special education coordinator
Extra learning resources offered
  • Career/college counseling
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)
Transportation options