Bad
Good

My son is still enrolled in this school at first I was wow'd I thought it was great but the more I stuck around the school the more I opened my eyes. Lock downs cause they can't find students? I was in the office waiting for my son and heard more than 2 parents calling angry because their child got lost and wandered outside the gates. It was my sons first day and I got him out 10 minutes early so asked for him to be sent to the office...what do you know...he got lost..they don't escort your child or even show that they care. So many wrong things going on with this school, my son came home upset because his teacher wouldn't let him hold the restroom & he ended up peeing his pants. No sorry or anything she sent him away to the nurse office.

I was in love with this school in 2013 but has change so much .. I'm not happy with this school.. teacher are great but they are not teamwork, the office the principal not good !! I moving my kid from this crazy unless school.. kinder garden teacher great!! first great too.. but that is not all... they don't close gate on time! the person who close the gates is so rude!. for 2 yr I have never see the principal out side checking on the kids... the playgrounds are not clean , and if you said something they just laugh at you!.. they move many kids from Phoenix school and not even said a word about that.. there was a time that a kid get out from school ground and they not even notice , until the end of the day!! crazy!!! and other time when a men get in the bathroom from kinder garden area, and they did not said nothing. some teacher from 5 grade is so rude!, I will not recommend this school.. lack of security. lack of common sense , lack of respect , and much more.. if you go to Arizona department of education they were B and went down to C what is next D , E , F?? This school lacks communication with the parents. The principal lacks communication with parents.

Awesome school. I have 4 children enrolled and they have awesome teachers. Ms.Barnes the 4rd grade teacher goes way beyond what a teacher is. She is wonderful! Mrs. Radick is great and my son loves her. Mr. Naylor and Mr. Radzik are awesome kindergarten teachers. The staff here is wonderful and all really care about each child. Awesome school.

I have 3 children in Wood School. The teachers there are very good. They listen and act on your concerns about your child. My daughter had trouble with her speech when she first began and struggled with ADD and the teachers there at Wood did an excellent job at getting her on the right track. She makes excellent grades and enjoys going to school there. All my kids love their school and mom does too.

I have nothing but good to say about wood school. My daughter is in first grade and she has an outstanding teacher as well as she did last year! She had learned so much and opened her eyes to even so much more.

My son went to this school sadly for only a year. His teacher was awesome! I have a son that struggles in school and this teacher was able to reach him and he grew leaps and bounds. They have a great music program which I think all children should be encouraged to join. If I was able to keep him in the school all the way through high school I would have.

I am pleased with Wood And think if more Parents get involved with there childrens education. It will only be a win win situation for the students, the parents, and the school.

Last modified Wood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.