Our Lady Of Mount Carmel School 1

Posted May 28, 2014
I absolutely hate this school!!! I have been going here for a while, and get home feeling horrible!!! There is a huge amount of bullying, the principle addresses nothing, it is not a true religious education, teachers choose favorites, girls wear skirts from kindergarten in 8th grade, showing off way too much skin, there is too much physical contact between girls and boys. I have seen several arms around each other, it is disgusting!!! You constantly hear swearing, girls are very mean, and the academics are horrible!!! For a few days in June, you have to pay a full month of tuition!!! Take it from a student, do NOT enroll your child in olmc tempe, they will get plenty of stress!!!

Posted July 24, 2013
I am sorry to say that I was very disappointed in OLMC. The majority of the staff do not follow christian, let alone catholic, values. They are wonderful actors, but behind the scenes this school is a mess. Children are not disciplined equally and they have lost many wonderful families due to their child being bullied and it being swept under the rug. The parish community, however, is wonderful. The religious education director is amazing.

Posted April 29, 2013
The school has a great family and community atmosphere, and with small class sizes 18-20 kids per class, the teacher has time to spend with every child and knows the family too. While the academics may not be as challenging as they could be, my children are nurtured socially, emotionally, and spiritually and are happy all the time. By the time the kids reach the 8th grade, the academics all work out before high school, and my oldest was better well rounded, grounded, and mature for the high school environment anyway.

Posted April 07, 2013
This school is amazing. All of the teachers are very kind and none are mean or rude. The principal is also very nice, as well as all of the staff.

Posted December 18, 2012
We have a 7th and 4th grader at OLMC and they have both been there since Kindergarten. We have been very blessed to have found a school where our children are thriving, not just academically, but emotionally and spiritually as well. They truly educate the entire child! The Adminstration knows each family (and student) individually and is always available to speak to you. The teachers are caring and work with the children as individuals. The school is focused on technology and has made improvement in this area. The Administration is open to suggestions and is willing to listen and try new ideas that come from the OLMC community. The families are wonderful and involved. I highly recommend families come and check out our campus. There is definately a wonderful vibe about the Administration, teachers, students, and families!

Posted January 18, 2012
We pulled our children out of Mt. Carmel for financial reasons. The cost was becoming more than we could manage, and most of the financial assistance is geared toward low income families. It was with much sadness and worry that we left. After moving them to a local public school, however, we were shocked to see how much they had been missing academically. Their grades were good at Mt. Carmel, but they were instantly behind once they left and spent half a year catching up to their peers. It was surprising, and it made us a little sad, given the hard sale parents are given about the academic advantages they receive at Mt. Carmel. It is a fine Catholic environment, but only this justifies the cost; despite the hype, the academics are not up to standards compared to the right public school curriculum. While we did initially leave because of the cost of tuition, in the end we are relieved that our kids are now getting a better education. A sad realization.

Posted September 12, 2011
This school is an absolute blessing for my three children, and I have been impressed with every aspect of daily life at OLMC. It is a solid, faithfully Catholic community, and my children are thriving educationally in this faith-centered environment. I love the way our faith is woven into everything throughout the day as it should be! The administration and staff are excellent, caring, connected, responsive, and dedicated. The greatest thought and care is put into everything they do. The teachers have been wonderful and kind, and the quality of instruction is very high. The community of children has been warm and welcoming to us as newcomers, and any instances of normal misbehavior are handled quickly and appropriately. I wouldn't have my children attend any other school in the world, and we will be an OLMC family for life.

Posted February 28, 2011
My two older children went to Mt. Carmel and then I took them out and put them at the school across the street from our home. I liked the community aspect of OLMC and the staff we're always very welcoming. However, academically, you just can't beat the Kyrene school district. I have one child currently in their Little Lambs pre-school and I am having a serious debate with my family on whether or not he will attend school there. I have trouble justifying spending money on a school who's processes of learning are somewhat outdated. For example, Math. At Kyrene they teach "mental math". My son has friends and cousin's at OLMC, same age, who are so behind in the way they process math problems. Another example, computers. At my neighborhood school, from K-5 every classroom is equipped with 2 Dell desktop and 6 Dell laptop computers. The teachers use a "smart board" instead of a chalk board or white board. My son types his projects and homework at home, saves it on a "jump drive" and downloads it at school. I gave OLMC 3 stars because the community and safe atmosphere, but academically, really think about it if you have schools in your area like ours.

Posted February 13, 2011
Mount Carmel has been a great shcool. The work is challenging and there is a noticable difference between the work my daughter receives there and what other children we know receive at public shcools. The community is wonderful and there is great parent participation. It is worth every dollar.

Our Lady Of Mount Carmel School 2

Posted June 17, 2010
The first five years at the school were really great, not without problems, but overall great. The last several years have brought many changes, most of which are not positive. The faculty seem to pick and choose which children get disciplined. The restrooms are always in a terribly aweful state during the school day. There is too much bullying and meaness among the children. Not exactly a reinforcement of Catholic values we were hoping for. The education isn't bad, but the atmosphere in the playground and elsewhere outside the classroom is bad.

Our Lady Of Mount Carmel School
2117 South Rural Road, Tempe, AZ  85282
Last modified Our Lady Of Mount Carmel School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Our Lady Of Mount Carmel School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top