PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops respect: Agree

Posted November 18, 2015
Older students have really looked out for the younger students. Many times, you'll see them holding the door open for the younger kids (or parents) and also they get partnered with them for different projects within the school and classrooms.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted November 18, 2015
In our experience, the teachers do their best to make the students accountable for their negative actions and acknowledge them for their good behavior.

Gethsemane Lutheran School 4

Posted November 18, 2015
Our kids have been at GLS for about 5 years now. While it would be nice to have higher attendance at the school (which I think recruitment efforts are being done), it enables the teachers to spend more quality time with each student and adjust their curriculums accordingly. The teachers we have worked with have been open to suggestions and have made some changes based on the needs of our children. When we toured other schools, we compared GLS with them and found that the education they provide is more advanced educationally (in some aspects) and spiritually. The school's mission is to serve the community and they do a great job in getting the students involved. One of the things we like the most is the feeling of community. The teachers and staff know who are children are on a first and last name basis which you may not get at a larger school. The school makes us feel welcome and treats us like we're part of a big family.

Posted October 20, 2015
We absolutely love the early childhood program. The teachers are the best. They have done a great job in preparing both my son and daughter for Kindergarten.

Posted March 25, 2015
Our family has had a wonderful experience at Gethsemane Lutheran School. With all it offers I cannot believe how affordable it is. The small class sizes allow for individualized education. Our son is reading in pre-k! The teacher is working with us to help keep him challenged. The environment is very family oriented and reminds me of my roots growing up in a small town where everyone knows your name. My children learn about God's love and how they should love and treat others. The students attend chapel once a week. I love all the service projects the school participates in. We also love that they have athletics like volleyball and basketball and PE twice a week. The school also offers drama and band. Can't say enough about this school!

Posted March 17, 2015
Gethsemane Lutheran is a fantastic school. The caring and loving environment from the staff along with the excellent learning program.makes GLS one of the best private schools in Tempe.

Posted March 16, 2015
Gethsemane is a great environment with caring teachers who have helped my children succeed in the classroom. There are so many great things going on here from the 3rd graders Chores for Charity service projects to the wonderful electives for middle school students. The small class sizes and the great educators really make a difference in helping my kids succeed in the classroom. It's a family environment and I am so happy my family is part of the Gethsemane family.

Gethsemane Lutheran School 1

Posted March 15, 2015
We are very disappointed in Gethsemane. We had two children at Gethsemane for many years and thought they were doing just fine. We much appreciated the caring teachers and staff. When the financial troubles came to light and many of the best teachers started to leave, we removed our children to a charter school. We quickly learned that our children were behind their peers, especially in writing. In the charter school they had as many writing assignments in a single month that they did in an entire year at Gethsemane. We are very pleased with the progress they are making at the charter school. It seems that many of the problems at Gethsemane stem from the over-involvement of church staff and several parents. The church people and certain parents try to run the school rather than allowing the professional teachers and administrators do their jobs. The result has been many families and teachers leaving, resulting in financial problems. I hope this comment is not removed as so many negative reviews have been.

Posted October 03, 2014
We love Gethsemane Lutheran School! The teachers and staff are hands on with the children, and know the families by first name. You definitely feel a sense of community when u step on campus. We are thrilled with how much our son has grown as a student, and how far he has come in just a short amount of time. Our children are taught about the love of God, what it means to be a Christian, as well as the advanced academic subjects. The academic and moral education offered at Gethsemane Lutheran is top notch, and affordable. We love our school, and are very proud our children are a part of it!

Posted September 28, 2014
Gethsemane has been a part of our family for a long time. I am a former student who has chosen to enroll my two children in the school. Many of the faces I saw as a student here have not changed. The staff is built with dedicated teachers. I believe that the staff views GLS as more than a job. This group of teachers really love what they do, and love my children. It is so nice to know that my children are not just cared for, they are loved and valued. The public and charter schools I have considered do not allow the parents to walk their children in. You have to pull through what feels like a "drive-thru" to pick up and drop off your kids!!! Being able to see, and talk to my children's teachers on a daily basis is invaluable. I love hearing how their day went and what they learned. For these reasons and more I love Gethsemane!

1035 E Guadalupe Rd, Tempe, AZ  85283
Last modified Gethsemane Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8