Posted October 03, 2014
We love Gethsemane Lutheran School! The teachers and staff are hands on with the children, and know the families by first name. You definitely feel a sense of community when u step on campus. We are thrilled with how much our son has grown as a student, and how far he has come in just a short amount of time. Our children are taught about the love of God, what it means to be a Christian, as well as the advanced academic subjects. The academic and moral education offered at Gethsemane Lutheran is top notch, and affordable. We love our school, and are very proud our children are a part of it!

Posted September 28, 2014
Gethsemane has been a part of our family for a long time. I am a former student who has chosen to enroll my two children in the school. Many of the faces I saw as a student here have not changed. The staff is built with dedicated teachers. I believe that the staff views GLS as more than a job. This group of teachers really love what they do, and love my children. It is so nice to know that my children are not just cared for, they are loved and valued. The public and charter schools I have considered do not allow the parents to walk their children in. You have to pull through what feels like a "drive-thru" to pick up and drop off your kids!!! Being able to see, and talk to my children's teachers on a daily basis is invaluable. I love hearing how their day went and what they learned. For these reasons and more I love Gethsemane!

Posted September 19, 2014
I can't say enough good things about this school. It's an amazing One Stop Shop. Onsite before and after care, 6:30-6:30 is wonderful for working families. The cost is outstanding for what you get. The 2's and 3's teachers have been there the entire time our family has been attending (approx 8 years). Not the constant turn over you see at most daycare centers. Once kids reach kindergarten, the school experience continues to amaze. The small school fosters kids who are caring and concerned for each other even outside their grades. Academically they can support individual abilities for all the grades to ensure students succeed. They promote public speaking, drama, music and athletics. While a small campus they boast a locked swimming pool, large indoor gym and a kitchen. This school has gone through some change in our time, but they've faced into it with caring administration and staff as we'll as involved parents. Any issues we've had (every place has something)have been addressed in a timely manner and resolved. Our kids are excelling in this environment. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted September 15, 2014
Gethsemane Lutheran School is the best kept secret in private school education in the Valley! We love the small class sizes, after school sports, the music program and all the family and education focused extra curricular activites. The teachers are wonderful and there is a real sense of community. My child is thriving and feels safe. The curriculum is great and the students are tested and put in classes to challange them at every lever. The 6:30am to 6:30pm before and afterschool care is fantastic. We look forward to 4 more years at Gethsemane. It is truly a great school.

Posted September 03, 2014
This review is for their summer camp program. We absolutely loved this school after coming from another private school program that was not run as well as this one. My daughter was about to enter K and I am amazed by everything they taught her this summer. The kids learned addition and subtraction, and did all kinds of phonics & reading worksheets. And that was just for a small amount of classroom time as the rest of the time was all activities to really wear the kids out. They had daily swim, field trips that were age appropriate including a visit to the firehouse, PE games and scooters in the gym and arts & crafts. All of the kids were so well behaved that they also had 5 year olds playing board games like Twister and Chutes & Ladders. I was very impressed by how well behaved the kids were and very thankful to the summer camp teachers who clearly were great at what they do. So caring. In fact, my daughter loved the school so much that she asked us to wake her up early so that she could go earlier and at the end of the camp day she never wanted to leave. The price for tuition is very reasonable and if we could afford it for the school year this would be our first choice.

Posted June 23, 2014
We have been at Gethsemane for 3 years and we couldn't be happier with this school. Teachers do an outstanding job of creating a caring environment that has helped our kids thrive academically and socially. We absolutely love the outside-the-book learning environment which makes Gethsemane unique and helps our kids get excited about school everyday. Our kids get a great education and excel at levels above their grade, but the Chores for Charity, Operation Christmas Child, and WWII Water Balloon Simulation are great examples that make this school special.

Gethsemane Lutheran School 2

Posted May 18, 2014
I had high hopes for this school for our children. I have been so disappointed in how this school has changed. In just a short time there have been so many staff changes and now the governing board is run by a few parents. There is no real leadership which is a red flag and in my opinion, not good. The school does do a lot of nice things for the community and has a nice Christian environment. We found the small class sizes were actually a detriment and many of the classes now have less than a dozen kids. I did a lot of research and for the money we were paying I expected a lot more from this school. There are many great schools in the surrounding area that are wonderful with a very nurturing environment. Plus not to mention they are free and offer many great electives and community programs.

Gethsemane Lutheran School 1

Posted May 15, 2014
Why 1 star? Here aresome of the reasons; 1-You would be paying for the Curriculum that is same as the public schools. 2-Bullying is a big issue that nobody does anything to stop it. 3-School has no money and has a lot of debt. 4-They have been combining the grades due to decrease of enrollment.Only 7 kids will enroll for the kindergarten. 5-Most of the teachers quit .They have lost their best teachers already. I hope my review can reach out other parents before it will be removed .It is not unusual that they manage to remove negative reviews before.

Posted January 19, 2014
This school has continued to positively evolve with an emphasis on academic excellence, the student's character development - all based in a christian atmosphere with a focus on individual moral and character development. The test scores give the school elite status. Our children (3) have benefited from the academic, athletic and Christian community environment. Our family has been blessed to be a part of the Gethsemane Community. This school has earned the opportunity to be part of your educational evaluation process for your children and your family.

Posted October 05, 2013
We have been very happy with the educational experience at Gethsemane. We have found the teachers and staff to be kind and caring. We have enjoyed the smaller class sizes. Gethsemane is full of great Christian families and we are proud to send our children there!

Gethsemane Lutheran School
1035 E Guadalupe Rd, Tempe, AZ  85283
Last modified Gethsemane Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Gethsemane Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top