PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son attended preschool and pre-k at Grace. This school surpassed our high expectations. Such a welcoming and peaceful environment! Each teacher he had- genuinely cared and loved him. Their lesson plans were simple and effective! The staff was always pleasant and understanding. I highly recommend this school to other parents wanting a tight knit, safe school and Christ - centered education for their child. My family is forever thankful we found this precious gem in the heart of Tempe!

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school uses biblical principles to help the students stay on track. They are great in how they interact with one another, developing a compassionate child.

My daughter has been here since preschool and she has a loving, kind nature with a great education! She is loved at school and all the teachers in all grades know all of the children for the most part which makes the campus warm, welcome and a positive learning experience for my daughter. I'm welcomed into the classroom at any time and have a great rapport with teachers across all age groups.

Grace Community Christian School is a hidden treasure in the heart of Tempe. With 40 years of Christian education they have provided the gold standard in Christian education offering preschool ,Kindergarten, 1st through 8th grade. GCCS The campus is warm and inviting with a tree lined courtyard where the children can play, the large playground is also a favorite with the kids at recess. All three of my children have been at GCCS since preschool. I have a 3rd grader and a 5th grader now and my oldest daughter graduated last year from the 8th grade last year. She now attends Valley Christian High School where she is in an honers English program and plays on the Jr. Varsity Volleyball team. Our children have had dedicated Christian State Certified teachers,they all have a true heart for the kids. Grace's middle school offers a wide range of Sports Baseball, Basketball, Softball, Soccer Volleyball and Golf as well as Cheer leading. GCCS also has a top notch Fine Arts program. They have Choir and Honors Choir. Performances include various Musicals and Praise and Worship music. They have Band as well as Honors Band playing everything from Classical to Swing. We Love GCCS!

Recently I explained to my son (8th grade) that reading is actually a leisure activity for many people, to which he firmly disagreed. But today, after picking him up for an orthodontic appointment, he spent an entire lunch telling me about all he had learned in Language arts as they read and studied Pilgrim's Progress. If a teacher can awaken that kind of passion in my child in an area he doesn't love, they're amazing! Great job, GCCS!

We have 4 kids enrolled in GCCS, making this our 8th year as a Grace family. We actually never intended to send our kids to private school, but after having our first child in GCCPreschool we fell in love with it - with the teachers, the families, the campus, everything! My husband and I both have technical degrees (he's a software engineer and my degree is in physics), so acadamic excellence has always been a priority to us. Incindentally, we feel that the biblical guidance our kids recieve has prompted them to take accountability for their own responsibilites and acheivements, and to make intelligent, moral decisions resulting in outstanding grades and test scores (our oldest two have taken state standardized tests and score significantly above the norm in multiple areas - including math). Granted, it helps that we are "plugged in" parents, who stay involved in their education, but we couldn't do it without their amazing teachers! We are convinced that Christian education at Grace is equipping them with the knowledge and confidence in Christ that they will need to succeed in a secular world.

I love this school! My family has been blessed to attend GCCS. The teachers and staff truly care about my family and teaching my child academics with biblical principals. We have been part of the GCCS family for many years and wouldn't have it any other way.

The Grace staff is so wonderful. They truly get to know all the children and the parents. My son absolutely loves going to school at Grace. Not only are the people amazing the education my son receives exceeded my expectations. They do quarterly testings at my sons class which is wonderful so I can see where he is excelling, and where I need to work with him more at home. I love that the school expects that parents get involved in the child's education. Most importantly I am so thankful that my son is in a safe and kind environment. He is able to learn and talk about God where in public schools that is frowned upon. I can't thank Grace enough for everything they do for our children.

The administration and teachers have been very caring and encouraging to our kids. They've made it their business to really build into the lives of the young people, spiritually and academically. The kids understand they are not just a number, and don't get lost in the shuffle. The subjects are taught from a Biblical perspective. The teaching does not shy away from this perspective, and challenges students in their critical thinking about their personal faith and worldview. The curriculum is also very strong in developing a sense of patriotism. The grading scale is more rigorous than in public school and I can definitely tell my kids are getting a private school quality of education. They do not unnecessarily overload the kids with homework. In middle school, P.E. is taught 4 days a week. They do get great workouts there! The kids begin band or vocal performance in 5th grade, and can advance to Honor Band/Choir. There are after-school enrichment programs in art, music, theatre, and other disciplines. I feel my kids are safe and sound at Grace and don't worry about their innocence being negatively affected there. It is a wholesome and happy environment.

We love this school. I had the privilege to attend as a child and now my kids go and will go to this school. Great heart for a biblical world view and preparation for life.

Last modified Grace Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8