Grace Community Christian School

Private | PK-8

Living in Tempe

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $118,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $800.

Sweep tile

Posted Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Grace staff is so wonderful. They truly get to know all the children and the parents. My son absolutely loves going to school at Grace. Not only are the people amazing the education my son receives exceeded my expectations. They do quarterly testings at my sons class which is wonderful so I can see where he is excelling, and where I need to work with him more at home. I love that the school expects that parents get involved in the child's education. Most importantly I am so thankful that my son is in a safe and kind environment. He is able to learn and talk about God where in public schools that is frowned upon. I can't thank Grace enough for everything they do for our children.

Posted Saturday, April 12, 2014

The administration and teachers have been very caring and encouraging to our kids. They've made it their business to really build into the lives of the young people, spiritually and academically. The kids understand they are not just a number, and don't get lost in the shuffle. The subjects are taught from a Biblical perspective. The teaching does not shy away from this perspective, and challenges students in their critical thinking about their personal faith and worldview. The curriculum is also very strong in developing a sense of patriotism. The grading scale is more rigorous than in public school and I can definitely tell my kids are getting a private school quality of education. They do not unnecessarily overload the kids with homework. In middle school, P.E. is taught 4 days a week. They do get great workouts there! The kids begin band or vocal performance in 5th grade, and can advance to Honor Band/Choir. There are after-school enrichment programs in art, music, theatre, and other disciplines. I feel my kids are safe and sound at Grace and don't worry about their innocence being negatively affected there. It is a wholesome and happy environment.

Posted April 11, 2014

We love this school. I had the privilege to attend as a child and now my kids go and will go to this school. Great heart for a biblical world view and preparation for life.

Posted April 11, 2014

Grace is a wonderful school! I cannot say enough good things about it. The entire staff is caring and warm to the students. I feel my children are very safe there. The parents are very involved, which shows in the behavior of the children. And, on top of all that, the academics are great. This is in part due to the small class sizes. My children each have only 17 in their class. This allow for tons of individualized time. The campus itself is beautiful with tons of mature shade trees. They offer before and after school care as well as sports, after school programs (such as drama, spanish, art, music, and more), and many social opportunities. I love Grace!!

Posted April 9, 2014

Our family has been at Grace Community Christian School for 20 years and we love it! It is like family to us. The teachers are caring & nurturing while helping our students strive to reach their full potential. The school raises money each year to update curriculum, computers, equipment, etc. They teach a Bible-based worldview. By the time our students graduate 8th grade, they are confident, academically as well as spiritually.

Posted January 9, 2014

I have 3 children who have attended Grace for almost 7 years now (one now in high school). I have been pleased with the quality education, spiritual guidance and amazing opportunities that Grace offers. I feel that Grace has done an excellent job keeping educational standards high while instilling a love for Christ in my children. I love that GCCS offers music programs and a wide variety of sports. My kids have enjoyed getting involved at Grace. My son (now a freshman) has adjusted wonderfully to high school and through Grace was placed in higer level math (geometry testing out of Algebra I) and has consistantly scored in the top 70-99 national percentile rank on standardized testing in all subjects. My younger chldren are also doing very well academically and LOVE school! As a certified teacher, I am pleased to know that Grace teachers are state certified and our administator was a former public school principal ( a rare find in Christian schools). I have been pleased with the staff at Grace. I know my children feel loved, safe and accepted. GCCS is a Christ-centerd school and we feel blessed to be a part of it.

Posted January 5, 2014

Grace Community Christian School has to be one of the worst educations that you can offer your child. From faith, sports to academics. My son attended GCCS from 4-8th grade. I'm so mad at myself for not getting more involved with his level of knowledge that was being taught. I'm now spending thousands of dollars and countless hours catching my son up to a public 9th grade school level. His fellow classmates are also in the same situation. GCCS is more concerned with collecting your check than your child's education. My son and his fellow classmates are currently at a 7th grade level which I was told he would be at a higher level than our states public system. From the faculty turnover to the unethical view the real world should of been a red flag. I apologize for not being more involved with my sons education. I plead with other parents to please be careful and always follow where your child should be academically if you choose a private or charter school. Don't wait like I did and put your child thru this. I'm not going to go on and on, but please save your money and your child's education and choose another school.

Posted October 28, 2013

This is a great school with staff members that love your child. The academics are wonderful and teachers are caring and loving. Sports for the older kids and many after school activities, as well as computer, art, music and Pe. It is worth your time to check out this school!

Posted October 13, 2013

We have been a part of Grace school for over 15 years. The most important quality of the school to us is that Grace is about family. Its about relationships and partnerships where children are educated in in a Christ centered environment by teachers and staff that are praying for the children and their families. I believe that students leave Grace fully prepared for any high school and with a spiritual foundation to help them face life challenges.

Posted September 17, 2013

Grace Community Christian School is not only a place of academics but a place of community. The class sizes are small enough for teacher student attention to be a focus, the teachers show love and compassion toward each child. The friendships that my children have made is priceless. As a parent there is such a feeling of family at Grace, there is an amazing community with the teachers, staff, and other parents. There are wonderful opportunities to be involved in the classroom and campus activities. We feel treasured as a family, my children are learning the Word of God daily and able to see it through the hands of the teachers and staff of Grace.

Posted September 17, 2013

My daughter started at Grace Community Christian School when she was 4 years old. We loved the preschool. She grew socially, academically, and more importantly spiritually. We tried a public kindergarten but found that it was not the place for her...or us. We re-enrolled her At Grace for 1st grade. Now she is starting her 8th grade year there. She has blossomed into an amazingly confidant and bright young lady. She is sweet, kind, generous and Loves the Lord. Grace Community Christian School is truly a Community whose goal is to grow kids into successful young men and women of God.

Posted September 16, 2013

Our kids have been at Grace for the past 10 years (from Preschool 3's to Middle School). This school has not only been an outstanding environment for learning at a high academic level, it is a safe, family-like place for them to call "home away from home". Caring teachers and staff, competent leadership, bible-based teaching and attitude, a beautiful campus, and multiple extra-curricular and sports offerings add up to an excellent school experience. The only thing that would make this school better is if it had a High School so that we wouldn't have to leave after 8th grade! There is a wonderful spirit at Grace that makes the school stands out.

Posted September 15, 2013

Grace Community Christian School has offered my children an amazing learning experience focused on core academic education and promoting Christian social values. When I drop my kids off each morning, I know that whatever challenges or celebrations they experience will be surrounded by children, teachers and administrators that share the same moral and social values as my children. On our way to school each day,each child in our carpool prays for what is on their heart. It amazing when I hear the inspirational and Godly words that are stated from the mouths of these children. Grace Community Christian School is not only an educational experience but have become our "extended family." I thank God for the opportunity that he has provided me to give my children this amazing experience. I see how it makes a difference in their development to adulthood. Thank you Grace Community Christian School!

Posted September 13, 2013

Education in Christ, Preparation for Life... and it stands true at GCCS. Academic Excellence in a Christian Foundation. It is a great family community, where all are loved and received... no matter what walk of life you come from. School offers PreSchool to 8th Grade. Along with the above mentioned the school also has a program called Grace Gives.. it's a community service aspect integrated in and out of the classroom. Students participate in age appropriate activities on and off campus to make a difference in their community!! A new program this year is BLAST!, it is an after school program for children to take their learning to a new and fun direction.. like Mad Science, Kreun's Healthy Kitchen, Homework Lab, Spanish, Art and the list goes on. BLAST! is a great opportunity for students to enrich their passions without the worry of grades. As for the administrator, teachers and staff... you will not find a better group of individuals who are dedicated to your student's educational success!! Administrator continues to review and implement curriculum to keep our students excelling and prepared for the next level. I would highly recommend this school to ALL!!

Posted September 13, 2013

What an awesome school this is. Our daughter has been going there since kindergarten. Even after she was diagnosed with ADHD in first grade she has had nothing but the best education. It is a very comforting feeling knowing that once she is dropped of at school we have no concerns as parents. It almost feels at though we are a community within itself. This being a big city and knowing how big most of the other schools are is something rare to find.

Posted September 13, 2013

We love GCCS! It is a wonderful school with wonderful teachers. We are going on our 9th year there!!! We are planning on sending all of our children through there from preschool on through 8th grade!

Posted December 9, 2011

We are so blessed to be at Grace! This is a school that not only proclaims to be a Christian school, but is actually living it out! They started a new program this year called Grace Gives, and our kids are out serving in the community in many different ways. They are teaching our kids to love and serve others just as Jesus Christ did! What an amazing school!! We are so thankful for the Christ-centered focus at Grace!!

Posted May 21, 2011

We had a math teacher this year, 2010/2011 that inadequately prepared students for the next grade. 7th grade pre-algebra students need to re-take pre-algebra in 8th grade despite receiving high grades. The principal is aware of this, yet is bringing the math teacher back next year for 6th grade. The principal has admitted to the teacher not teaching kids properly. They have a hard time retaining teachers. Last year's math teacher was fired. This school is small, which is nice, but has a difficult time hiring/keepig quality teachers. Education is not worth the extra money spent out of pocket.

Posted March 7, 2011

The teachers are awesome, my daughter got so attached to all of them. Everything about the preschool was amazing, for kids and parents, nothing bad at all to say about the school. The preschool directer Shirley Brook is the sweetest lady you will ever meet

Posted December 5, 2010

School does not entirely follow state standards. Text books are 10-20 yrs old. Curriculum map does not follow a logical flow (esply in math). Resources for students are not available ie., counseling, resource, OT, etc.

Two or more races 5% N/A
Asian 3% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 1% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1200 E Southern Ave