Tempe, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted April 29, 2014
I love this school! My family has been blessed to attend GCCS. The teachers and staff truly care about my family and teaching my child academics with biblical principals. We have been part of the GCCS family for many years and wouldn't have it any other way.

Posted April 15, 2014
The Grace staff is so wonderful. They truly get to know all the children and the parents. My son absolutely loves going to school at Grace. Not only are the people amazing the education my son receives exceeded my expectations. They do quarterly testings at my sons class which is wonderful so I can see where he is excelling, and where I need to work with him more at home. I love that the school expects that parents get involved in the child's education. Most importantly I am so thankful that my son is in a safe and kind environment. He is able to learn and talk about God where in public schools that is frowned upon. I can't thank Grace enough for everything they do for our children.

Posted April 12, 2014
The administration and teachers have been very caring and encouraging to our kids. They've made it their business to really build into the lives of the young people, spiritually and academically. The kids understand they are not just a number, and don't get lost in the shuffle. The subjects are taught from a Biblical perspective. The teaching does not shy away from this perspective, and challenges students in their critical thinking about their personal faith and worldview. The curriculum is also very strong in developing a sense of patriotism. The grading scale is more rigorous than in public school and I can definitely tell my kids are getting a private school quality of education. They do not unnecessarily overload the kids with homework. In middle school, P.E. is taught 4 days a week. They do get great workouts there! The kids begin band or vocal performance in 5th grade, and can advance to Honor Band/Choir. There are after-school enrichment programs in art, music, theatre, and other disciplines. I feel my kids are safe and sound at Grace and don't worry about their innocence being negatively affected there. It is a wholesome and happy environment.

Posted April 11, 2014
We love this school. I had the privilege to attend as a child and now my kids go and will go to this school. Great heart for a biblical world view and preparation for life.

Posted April 11, 2014
Grace is a wonderful school! I cannot say enough good things about it. The entire staff is caring and warm to the students. I feel my children are very safe there. The parents are very involved, which shows in the behavior of the children. And, on top of all that, the academics are great. This is in part due to the small class sizes. My children each have only 17 in their class. This allow for tons of individualized time. The campus itself is beautiful with tons of mature shade trees. They offer before and after school care as well as sports, after school programs (such as drama, spanish, art, music, and more), and many social opportunities. I love Grace!!

Posted April 09, 2014
Our family has been at Grace Community Christian School for 20 years and we love it! It is like family to us. The teachers are caring & nurturing while helping our students strive to reach their full potential. The school raises money each year to update curriculum, computers, equipment, etc. They teach a Bible-based worldview. By the time our students graduate 8th grade, they are confident, academically as well as spiritually.

Posted January 09, 2014
I have 3 children who have attended Grace for almost 7 years now (one now in high school). I have been pleased with the quality education, spiritual guidance and amazing opportunities that Grace offers. I feel that Grace has done an excellent job keeping educational standards high while instilling a love for Christ in my children. I love that GCCS offers music programs and a wide variety of sports. My kids have enjoyed getting involved at Grace. My son (now a freshman) has adjusted wonderfully to high school and through Grace was placed in higer level math (geometry testing out of Algebra I) and has consistantly scored in the top 70-99 national percentile rank on standardized testing in all subjects. My younger chldren are also doing very well academically and LOVE school! As a certified teacher, I am pleased to know that Grace teachers are state certified and our administator was a former public school principal ( a rare find in Christian schools). I have been pleased with the staff at Grace. I know my children feel loved, safe and accepted. GCCS is a Christ-centerd school and we feel blessed to be a part of it.

Grace Community Christian School 1

Posted January 05, 2014
Grace Community Christian School has to be one of the worst educations that you can offer your child. From faith, sports to academics. My son attended GCCS from 4-8th grade. I'm so mad at myself for not getting more involved with his level of knowledge that was being taught. I'm now spending thousands of dollars and countless hours catching my son up to a public 9th grade school level. His fellow classmates are also in the same situation. GCCS is more concerned with collecting your check than your child's education. My son and his fellow classmates are currently at a 7th grade level which I was told he would be at a higher level than our states public system. From the faculty turnover to the unethical view the real world should of been a red flag. I apologize for not being more involved with my sons education. I plead with other parents to please be careful and always follow where your child should be academically if you choose a private or charter school. Don't wait like I did and put your child thru this. I'm not going to go on and on, but please save your money and your child's education and choose another school.

Posted October 28, 2013
This is a great school with staff members that love your child. The academics are wonderful and teachers are caring and loving. Sports for the older kids and many after school activities, as well as computer, art, music and Pe. It is worth your time to check out this school!

Posted September 17, 2013
Grace Community Christian School is not only a place of academics but a place of community. The class sizes are small enough for teacher student attention to be a focus, the teachers show love and compassion toward each child. The friendships that my children have made is priceless. As a parent there is such a feeling of family at Grace, there is an amazing community with the teachers, staff, and other parents. There are wonderful opportunities to be involved in the classroom and campus activities. We feel treasured as a family, my children are learning the Word of God daily and able to see it through the hands of the teachers and staff of Grace.

Grace Community Christian School
1200 East Southern Avenue, Tempe, AZ  85282
Last modified Grace Community Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Grace Community Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top