Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Posted January 17, 2016
James Madison is a place where our child is part of the family. The faculty and staff really know him personally. The extracurricular opportunities are much more than what you would expect from such a small school. Our son has been a member of 3 different sports teams and has been able to make a positive contribution to these high school varsity teams even though he is actually in junior high. Please give James Madison your top consideration when making the important decision on where to place your child.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 13, 2016
So many opportunities to serve others, on and off campus. Students are also expected to mentor younger students. No tolerance for bullying.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 13, 2016
This school builds and supports strong character in students. It's not just a "word of the week" approach to character education, it's every day.

Posted January 13, 2016
My son received an AMAZING education at James Madison Preparatory School. Although an average student, his opportunities after graduation have been staggering. He had great experiences inside and outside the classroom, and he credits his current success in college with the preparation for college he did at Madison.

Posted December 03, 2015
Catholic parochial school was my education base. My parents spent a lot of money to be detached from my education. They felt they were doing the best thing for their children’s education. In college I found the great students had parents who cared and checked up on their grades. The small town farm kids, who unsurprisingly had responsible parents, also had a strong link with their high school friends and teachers. My goal for my own children was to know their Mom cared about their education. I also wanted them to have that strong sense of community with their friends and instructors. After home schooling my five children for 12+ years there was a need to enroll my 3 youngest in public school. My choice was James Madison Preparatory School, Tempe, AZ. First because of their well-established values, but many of the other reasons: • Excellent academics • High accountability • Theater /Drama program that is stunning. • Multiple and Inclusive athletics program- no one gets cut. • Chores schedule for all students. • Small class size. (10-20) • Independent study opportunities. To list all the opportunities JMPS gives to a student would be overwhelming. The small school atmosphere promotes a real closeness for the students, something that is difficult in the Phoenix metro area. JMPS is a real jewel of charter schools. Here is the strongest aspect of JMPS:The teachers care about my sons. Today I can walk into any of my student’s classes and talk to a teacher and they know my son, without looking him up in a record book. They know how he is progressing in class and how he is developing socially. Madison Prep continues to exceed my expectations for providing the best thing for my children’s education.

Posted November 22, 2015
Our older children graduated from JMPS previously and have all gone to excellent universities and colleges. We currently have a Junior at JMPS who has so many opportunies he would not have in a large public schools. The small size is a benefit to all of the students. The staff is dedicated and highly qualified. The extracurriculars are exceptional. Like with anything in life, you get out of it what you put into to it. If you have a student that will get involved, try their best , show character and push themselves to excellence, then this is the school for you!

Posted November 19, 2015
We absolutely love JMP! After looking at 4 different high schools my children (10th graders) shadowed other students and were amazed with how polite, helpful, friendly, and an overall love of learning that came from the small classrooms. They are being challenged in their class work, and encouraged and expected to be respectful, honest, and responsible in and out of class. The teachers and staff know and care for all of the students and encourage them to also take part in school clubs, sports, drama and other activities. For a small school JMP has an amazing variety of activities unlike most public and other charter schools. My children are excelling at James Madison Prep and I have no hesitation in believing that they will be prepared for college and life after high school. James Madison Prep is a hidden gem in Tempe that I would encourage families to take a look at, and attend the informational meetings which occur in January.

Posted November 15, 2015
After a unprofessional incident at a public school, we found this amazing charter school. As a public school teacher, I was hesitant to send my daughter to a charter school but am so thankful that we chose James Madison. My daughter has been attending school there for four years and we could not ask for a better all around education experience. Classes are small, curriculum is challenging, teachers support the students not only in their academics but also in character building. The teachers take the time to listen to students and help them grow as individuals teaching them interpersonal skills. As a public school teacher, I know that public schools do not offer that. My daughter is growing into a strong, smart , well rounded lady and James Madison has played a big roll in her overall development.

Posted November 15, 2015
Our older daughter graduated from James Madison last year. She was accepted to the #1 US News & World Report school in the Midwest and received multiple scholarships. This school more than prepared her for the rigors of college. Our younger daughter is currently a student and we know she is being well prepared for the future. In addition to academics, this school builds character into students via the code of conduct. Extra curriculars are abundant and of high quality, especially the Spring musical production. We highly recommend James Madison to all who are looking for a quality education and a great place for their children to grow into quality young people!

Posted July 22, 2014
I would recommend this school to any one. My daughter has completed 2 years there and so far we absolutely love it. They give a wide range of extracurricular activities weather its from choir to sports or to theater, everyone gets a chance to do what they wish. The classroom size is quite small but it gives the teachers to actually get to know the students. The staff there are quite friendly and exceptionally respectful to parents. Disciplinary actions are taken very seriously at this school. They are always making sure this is a safe environment for children to learn. Acedemics are also something they take very seiously, after all it is a college prep school. Overall I would say this school is definitely one I would recommend to everyone.

5815 S. McClintock Dr. Tempe, AZ 85283, Tempe, AZ  85283
Last modified James Madison Preparatory School is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.