Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Our child was bullied and the teachers and principal did nothing about it but helped spread the rumors. No one would help us.

I had really high hopes for this school, but it turned out to be such a disappointment... The kindergarten teacher was inadequate to teach this grade level (she thought it is okay to call kids "losers" and single them out). There is no positive reinforcement, only constant punishments for "bad" behavior. Techer did nothing when I addressed it. Principal has "my staff can do no wrong" approach. My child hated going to school and cried just talking about school. It shouldn't be like this when the kid is only 5! All problems disappeared once we transferred to a new school. The new school is wonderful, and my child loves it, even upset on the weekends that there is no school!

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

We have gotten to know three principals during our nine years as parents at Ward. Although each one was different, their professionalism and sincere care for student and accountable teachers has always been the highest.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Ward places things like attitude and respect as some of the highest expectations of students. They can do this because the staff and teachers are the models for this.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We could not have hoped for better teachers. Not only do they thrive in the work environment they are given but their concern for students could only be surpassed by parents themselves. We trust them fully with doing not just the right thing, but the BEST things.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework has always seemed to be the right amount of reinforcement and challenge to our daughter without being a burden or require too much time.

We are in the middle of our ninth and final year as a Ward parent and are always so impressed by the friendliness and professionalism of the staff and teachers at Ward. We can honestly say that our experience with this school has surpassed ALL our highest expectations of what we had hoped the education of our daughter would be. Just a fantastic group of people dedicated to serving the community. We are do grateful to Ward and the district for their service to all families!

As a parent, I appreciate the high behavioral expectations at this school. My child has done well in this highly structured environment. We will continue at WTA for the foreseeable future.

I went to Ward for grades 3-8. I remember HATING the rules. No talking in class, raising hands to ask to get up out of seat, strict dress code with consequences, boatload of homework, working to the bell, decent behavior at all times, critical thinking for every assignment(which can be tiring). However, I soon learned that this is ESSENTIAL to becoming a successful student. The kids at Connoly and any other middle school don't get the same education that Ward provides(for free?!?! this is private school material). This was all very apparent to me when I entered high school as a freshman and observed the lack of drive for school work from the students that didn't attend Ward. Im now a freshman at ASU and the skills that Ward taught me will follow me for the rest of my life!! I highly recommend this school.

Students are extremely brilliant, and really try to succeed. The behavior of students is exemplary. There are many excellent teachers, who really care about the students and try to help them succeed. But there are other teachers who don't really care about them. The uniforms themselves are nice, but the dress code is too extreme. There are many restrictions that seem ridiculous, such as regulation of shoelace color. How will my red shoelaces distract the learning of others? Or do they regulate small things like this to take away our individuality? There has been a bit of a debacle on the wearing of leggings on no uniform days. Girls that come to school wearing leggings will be forced to change into uniform pants. This is appalling. Why are they forced to change? So boys don't stare at them or get distracted? girls shouldn't be punished for this. We should be teaching boys to respect girls. Making girls change teaches boys that it's the girls fault. Also, the discipline system is too harsh. We are taught negative reinforcement, versus positive. hardly ever will you hear a teacher praise us. The people are great, and some teachers are outstanding, but the rules are too harsh.

Last modified Ward Traditional Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.