Imagine Tempe

Charter | K-8 | 315 students

Living in Tempe

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $118,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $800.

Posted February 2, 2010

My son has been a student at Imagine for 2 years and I have decided to pull him out. His teacher has informed me she thinks he may need to repeat his grade although his last report card showed all A's. She has never spoken to me directly to say there was an issue so I could get my son extra help. Also the front office staff is forever changing and the current lady up front does not even check my id when I pick up my niece and nephew. She didn't even check their cards to be sure I can pick them up. Anyone could walk in and get a child. Can we say security problem. This school needs to address its staff issues and high turnover for front office people. I would not recommend this school any longer.

Posted October 2, 2009

I'll tell you right now. I have 2 kids that attented this school. It was a big mistake taking them out of a structured enviroment and bringing into this zoo that Principal Gonzales calls a school. Kids are poorly educated and always fall behind. I have moved them out of the school and now have to worry about my youngest. Who due to poor curriculum might have to possibly repeat the current grade he is in now. After being promoted with As at Imagine at Tempe. Imagine what could have happened if I left him there? Extremely dissapointing.

Posted July 20, 2009

This school is a gen-in-disguse. You must be a dedicated parent and involvement is a must. Small class rooms, dedicated teachers and well informed parents. A week does not go by without me being informed what my child is doing the following week. Principal greets students and parents daily and teachers are very dedicated to their students. Local public schools pale in comparison of educational curriculum. I wish they had a bigger campus.

Posted June 16, 2009

We just finished our third year with Imagine and I am quite pleased. My son made amazing academic growth, received free tutoring and was able to participate in sports. They really worked on teaching character to the kids. I liked how they stood at the front door each morning and greeted the kids. They also walked my son to the car after school. It seems like they really care about the kids.

Posted January 16, 2009

I never know what is going on at the school. There is no communication to the parents, such as a school newsletter. I find out things at the last minute, and it's just extremely unorganized. I will not be bringing my child back to this school next year.

Posted November 16, 2008

I really love this school and I am impressed by the quality of education my kids are getting. Mr. Conner and Mr. D'Agastino are particularly amazing. The AIMS Scores keep growing and the school has a terriffic label form the state.

Posted October 20, 2008

My son is happy and I feel safe and comfortable with all the efforts they make for the children there. There may be their politics within the staff, However as long as it does not affect our children I won't make it my problem. I know my boundaries as a parent and have a great relationship with his teacher. I would give it a 5 but they are shy of a music program there. I recommend this school.

Posted October 4, 2008

I just pulled my 2 children from this school because of the principal.

Posted September 19, 2008

My children have gone to Imagine since it opened. I would not have my children in any other school. There have been changes since the begining of the school year that have been for the better. I am so happy that there is a PE teacher who is teaching PE and not just having the kids sitting on the stage or running in the halls. The school can only get better from here on out. Keep up the great work Imagine family and remember they are many,many families who stand behind you.

Posted September 18, 2008

I have two children at Imagine. One in 1st grade and another in 3rd. Imagine has been a good place for my kids these past two years. They are being well educated. My 1st grader reads at a 3rd grade level and her teacher challenges her at her level. I know she provides the same for the other children. I also am very happy about the sports that they offer the children and the tutoring. My son is very excited about joining the basketball team. I have two older childern and they never had an oppurtunity to play sports at that age in Elementary School. These children are learning and in a great environment. My thought about the negative comments are Get Over It.

Posted September 1, 2008

This school has gone through many changes as it begins its third year. I believe the administration is doing its best for the students and families at the school. The negative comments that appear on this website are from previous employees that did not believe the Imagine philosophy. It is sad that they have to be vindictive and bitter because they are no longer employed. The school went from performing t performing plus this year and I am sure that will be exceeding soon enough. My son loves his teacher Mrs. Konishi-Pease and she spends quality time with him which I know he would not get at our neighborhood school. I can see an improvement in his speech, vocabulary, academics and social skill in just the short time school has been in session. His father and I are excited to see his progress as he moves through kindergarten.

Posted August 26, 2008

It is obvious that the person who continuously writes these ridculous reviews is a disgruntled employee who was terminated. As a parent I reccommend you tour the school and make your own decisions. My children made 2 years academic growth at this school.

Posted August 13, 2008

This school is a joke. The administrator makes promises that she never intends to keep and the children suffer for it. There is no follow through on her part. If Imagine would get rid of the administrator at this school, I believe the school could improve greatly. I would never recommend this school unless major changes are made, starting with the administration.

Posted July 14, 2008

I am hugely disappointed with this school. My son attended the Pre-K program that cost me over 5000 dollars and can't recognize letters. I paid for a pre-education to prepare my son and got nothing out of it except an expensive baby-sitter at the least. I do not, will not, and would not recommend this school.

Posted June 12, 2008

My daughter goes here and has excelled far beyond her step sister that goes to public school. They are teaching a more advanced curriculum and the kids really get great 1 on 1 care. All the teachers are friendly and always willing to sit down and discuss any issues you or they are having. They have all done an amazing job and I plan to send all of my children here in the future.

Posted April 25, 2008

I teach pre-school at this school. We have 100% return of our Tempe staff for the next school year. I do not believe that the information being put on this site is truthful. It seems like a personal vendetta. That is sad because the school really is doing great things for kids. That is what it's all about.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 19, 2008

This school has practicaly doubled in size from last year. The principal has worked hard to make the numbers but has not been as diligent at following through with promises. Our staff is constantly under stress because of lack of support from our principal. Sadly, I believe this carries through to the students. I want to stay and be a part of the solution, but I am an not proud of the conflicts I see within the school. The principal asked for people to rate our school. My critique is that it needs new leadership.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 29, 2008

I am so disappointed with the principals lack of follow through. I wouldn't recommend this school. Whether I pull my daughter now or finish the year, she won't be here next year under this same administration.

Posted January 3, 2008

This is a school with a lot of potential, 'under different leadership'. I think the principal is more concerned with the meeting numbers and not so much student needs. Most of the teachers are great, but some don't respect the students and therefore; students don't respect them either. I dont think the playground is adequate. Kids need time to run and play. They can't possibly get that there. Not an environment I want my child in 7 hours a day/ 5 days a week.

Posted November 29, 2007

This school is wonderful. They have done so much for troubled and academically challenged kids. The teachers and staff truly care about these kids.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

39 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

39 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

27 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

27 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

18 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

18 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

17 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

n/a
Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

n/a

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 61%N/A47%
Female 52%N/A49%
Male 48%N/A51%

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • East Valley School of the Year (2007)
  • East Valley School of the Year
  • Imagine Schools New School of the Year

Special education / special needs

Specific academic themes or areas of focus
  • Special education

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Stacey Boyd
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Fax number
  • (480) 355-1650

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Special education

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)
  • Cafeteria