Public charter
Tempe, AZ

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Hello and welcome to all of our current families and our future families as well! Imagine Tempe Elementary School is moving in an exciting new direction for the 2015-2016 school year and we are excited to share out our transition information with the community. Beginning next year, we will be an AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) campus! AVID is a program that encourages students to become critical readers, writers and thinkers, as well as problem solvers. AVID is designed to increase the number of students who succeed in school, college and careers. It is never too early to begin thinking about the future and here at Imagine Tempe, we believe in Students today, Scholars tomorrow!
April 8, 2015

Posted April 18, 2015
I love the individualized education the students get by breaking into leveled groups for reading and math. My kids have always been challenged to excel. The teachers truly care about the kids. They know all the students' names and take a genuine interest in their families. My student's teacher is very flexible and patient with the kids and makes learning fun. She saw where my child was struggling in math and offered to send home supplemental activities!

Posted April 17, 2015
My daughter has grown so much in her first year at Imagine Tempe it is mind blowing. She was this very shy little girl and now she is one of the most sociable girls I know! Thank you! The staff at Imagine Tempe care about the children, they make you feel like family. Everyone is very friendly and personable. My daughter began summer school with her teacher who made her feel comfortable since she was just beginning school. Her teacher has helped her grow and learn to love school. She looks forward to school everyday.

Posted April 17, 2015
I love Imagine's small class sizes and individual attention my child receives. He comes home having learned something new every day! He is always excited about learning. I have enjoyed partnering with my child's teacher to support his education. His teacher has given me, as well as other parents during parent-teacher team meetings, many tools to use at home. On top of the excellent education Imagine Tempe offers, my family loves attending the many events throughout the school year.

Posted April 17, 2015
Imagine has been an alternative family friendly environment since our first day here. They really foster an environment of nuturing and acceptance that really helps to make it a stable setting for kids who need it the most.

Posted April 14, 2015
Coach Audrey (the PE Teacher and Spiritline Coach), always shares great communication and flexibility with us. Her passion is truly expressed and shared with my daughter.

Posted April 14, 2015
Imagine Tempe has helped my son overcome many obstacles in his academic life. He has made great strides educationally. The most positive experiences at Imagine Tempe is the helpfulness of his teachers. Lyndsey Bennett and Kristen Franzen have been the best teachers my son has ever had. It is because of them that he has come so far!

Posted April 14, 2015
It challenges them at their level, well-rounded education. I feel like my children are safe and well cared for when they are at school. As a parent, I can't ask for anything more important. The teacher notices details in behavior and work and is quick to praise. I feel like she assesses the students' needs well, and their strengths too.

Posted April 14, 2015
Imagine has helped my child reach her goals and to never give up. Dream big and stay focused. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it. Keep doing what you are doing, I wouldn't change anything. Great Job! -A Third Grade Parent

Posted April 13, 2015
Imagine Tempe feels like family! We really feel like we are partnering with the school for the same end result. Each of my children really feel like their teachers care about them and their success. They always have great stories to tell me and every time I talk to the teachers myself, they make me feel like my child is important :-) They are definitely challenged and love it!

Imagine Tempe 3

Posted March 20, 2015
My grandchildren have attended this school for 2013/2014 school year. I am not surprised by the mixed reviews. This school is not for everyone. I think overall the school is exceptionally clean and well kept. The class sizes are small, and they do have a self contained special ed room. With that being said, I don't think the school is equipped to handle the variety of today's students. The standards are very high academically and not everyone can get the personal attention needed to perform with their peers. The dress standards are especially unreasonable dictating uniforms, leggings, shoes and even jackets. If a student comes in a non-uniform jacket, they are not permitted to wear it outside on the playground, even in winter. However, the teachers are allowed to wear leggings, jeans, and sandals and other things the children are not allowed to wear. They are not held to the same standard as students. Every Friday is "dress down day" but you must pay $1 for the privilege. Being tardy will get you Sat. detention for parents and children and this includes kindergartners. Good school if your child is already high performing and you can deal with everything else.

Imagine Tempe
1538 East Southern Ave., Tempe, AZ  85282
Last modified Imagine Tempe is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imagine Tempe Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 101 reviews. Top