School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Hello and welcome to all of our current families and our future families as well! Imagine Tempe Elementary School is moving in an exciting new direction for the 2015-2016 school year and we are excited to share out our transition information with the community. Beginning next year, we will be an AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) campus! AVID is a program that encourages students to become critical readers, writers and thinkers, as well as problem solvers. AVID is designed to increase the number of students who succeed in school, college and careers. It is never too early to begin thinking about the future and here at Imagine Tempe, we believe in Students today, Scholars tomorrow!
April 08, 2015

Bad
Good

Imagine Tempe provides an encompassing atmosphere for students who really need that extra attention. The staff takes a personal interest in each student and that is reflected in their daily interactions. The school has an approach of nurture and then education and that helps the students really zone into what they are learning because they feel the staff believes in their success. I feel that this has contributed to my students performance because it helps her to take accountability for her education.

Teachers are amazing here! I love the personal attention, small class sizes, and the various after school activities.

My daughter has been going here for 3 years, and she loves it. The teachers are wonderful, the principal is great, and there are all kinds of after school activities that she loves! Send your kids to Imagine, they will love it too!

My sons teacher, Mrs. Ward, is a trusting individual who has gone above and beyond to connect with students as friends. He receives good lessons everyday that push him to reach higher standards. The most positive experience we've had at Imagine Tempe is the second chance my son was given regardless of how good or bad his mistakes were.

I love the individualized education the students get by breaking into leveled groups for reading and math. My kids have always been challenged to excel. The teachers truly care about the kids. They know all the students' names and take a genuine interest in their families. My student's teacher is very flexible and patient with the kids and makes learning fun. She saw where my child was struggling in math and offered to send home supplemental activities!

I love Ms. Montes! She treats her students like mature young adults. I love that she pushes them to excel while motivating them to set their own goals. I really like the competitive classroom setting, it's promotes healthy and positive competition which makes learning more exciting! A big change that I've noticed in my child this year, which is a direct reflection of Ms. Montes' teachings, is that things are no longer "hard", instead everything is a "challenge". This way of thinking promotes a "can do" attitude, pushes them to try harder, set goals and succeed! Seeing this trait demonstrated in school through class work and testing, and then implemented in our home life is an amazing accomplishment for my little one!

Imagine Tempe provides a balance of great academics and character building. The emphasis on character building helps reinforce at school the values we try to teach at home. 2 of my children have had Mrs. Campa as their kindergarten teacher. She is great! She engages the kids at their level and has a calm presence in the classroom.

My daughter has grown so much in her first year at Imagine Tempe it is mind blowing. She was this very shy little girl and now she is one of the most sociable girls I know! Thank you! The staff at Imagine Tempe care about the children, they make you feel like family. Everyone is very friendly and personable. My daughter began summer school with her teacher who made her feel comfortable since she was just beginning school. Her teacher has helped her grow and learn to love school. She looks forward to school everyday.

I love Imagine's small class sizes and individual attention my child receives. He comes home having learned something new every day! He is always excited about learning. I have enjoyed partnering with my child's teacher to support his education. His teacher has given me, as well as other parents during parent-teacher team meetings, many tools to use at home. On top of the excellent education Imagine Tempe offers, my family loves attending the many events throughout the school year.

Imagine has been an alternative family friendly environment since our first day here. They really foster an environment of nuturing and acceptance that really helps to make it a stable setting for kids who need it the most.

Last modified Imagine Tempe is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.