Tempe, AZ

Aguilar School 1

Posted December 18, 2013
This school is extremely disorganized. We get fliers sent home for events that either are happening that same night or have already happened. They are giving my daughter homework on topics that have not (and some that will not) be taught in the classroom. When I spoke with the assistant principal about this her response was I should be teaching it to my daughter at home. The woman that sits at the front desk is ALWAYS grumpy and I have had to stop her from yelling at my daughter several times. One day I dropped my daughter off at the front door and waited for her to enter the building. As I drove around the parking lot I noticed she was coming back out of the building. Turns out they weren't happy with her being dropped off at the front door and required my 6 year old to leave the school campus and walk down the street and around the building to a different "drop off location". Unacceptable!! Rules are put in place to benefit the teachers while putting parents and students at a great disadvantage. Parent involvement is non-existent and for the most part not even allowed. I could go on and on about the issues I have with this school. Do NOT take your child here.

Posted August 22, 2013
The teachers, counselors, princi[als, everyone is exceptional here. My son has some behavioral issues and has previously been kicked out of numerous schools. this was the only place that took the time to actually help him and try to understand him and create a plan for him so he would be successful. They check up on him throughout the day and keep me up to speed if he is having any issues. i canno tthank them enough for all they have done to help my son feel like this is HIS school and not just a temporary one till they get tired of him and kick him out. He loves his teachers and counselors. Again this is an amazing school and couldnt ask for more support from them. :) Thank you again.

Posted May 15, 2012
Angular is a wonderful school with a caring Principle and teachers. My kindergarten was reading chapter books by Christmas break, and the entire class is above reading grade level. It also is a beautiful new school built last summer. They have a wonderful school spirit and all the kids are so full of school pride. On Fridays they all gather in the gym to do Fitness Friday where they dance for 15 minutes. I cannot say enough nice things about my experience and the quality of education my child is receiving. She loves going to school, and all her friends.

Posted November 14, 2010
I think this school is an exceptionally great school I went her for A long time then moved to Idaho with my mother. I dont like the review talking about bad leadership within the school

Posted March 31, 2010
Aguilar is a greta place for children and their families. They are working hard to ensure that all students receive an excellent education. Many changes have taken place and are providing opportunities for increases in student learning. My child is excited to go to school each day and I am happy with the support he has received.

Posted March 31, 2010
i went to this school great teachers great teaching methodsi loved my time there

Posted March 31, 2010
I send my children to this school because Phoenix does not offer what Aguilar offers. I'm pleased to say that my son and daughter look forward to school everyday more so than in years past. This year, they are involved in student council, the school newspaper, and Ms. Sheerer's running club. My children have taken on the healthy lifestyle the school is promoting and have attended all the races. Their confidence has increased because of the great, sincere, and hardworking teachers and staff. I have recommended this school to parents I know and will continue to because of the support and enrichment given to my children.

Aguilar School 0

Posted March 27, 2010
Aguilar has some serious leadership issues. I think there is a great deal of internal strife and discord that is kept hush hush. Stay away until new leadership is put in place for this once great school.

Aguilar School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Aguilar is an amazing school with teachers and staff that want to make a difference in there kids. With extra funds there would be no limit on what resources they would provide for the children .

Posted January 20, 2009
Aguilar has been the best school for lmy children. the team work between parent and staff has been great and has shown through lmy childrens effort and report cards. thank you all for the support and help.

Aguilar School
5800 S. Forest Ave., Tempe, AZ  85283
Last modified Aguilar School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aguilar School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top