Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

I feel that the shift they are making to a "reading only" homework school is a mistake. I feel like they are lowering down the curriculum when it needs to be made stronger.

Develops character: Agree

I agree, because I feel that the school does its very best to instill these qualities in the students. However, it doesn't help the school if the students are not being taught to develop the same values at home.

I have been a Broadmor Parent since the 2009-2010 school year. This school used to be an amazing school. Over the years it has been on a steady decline. There are many amazing teachers at Broadmor. Ms. Lieber, Mrs. Browne, Ms. Nelson, Ms. Harden, Mr. Salazar, among many, many others. They truly care about their students and you will definitely see it as a parent. Unfortunately, the parent involvement that used to be such a big presence at the school has declined or the quality has gone down. I really hate to bash other parents, but until the year before last, there were never parents getting out of their vehicles and into cursing/screaming matches during the afternoon pick up. Last year was the worst. This year is the first year, where they had to send out a memo at the start of the year reminding parents of the rules for pick up and drop off... What ever happened to the common respect and courtesy that I had always seen the parents extend to each other? There are many more poorly behaved students than before. You know something is wrong when I'm walking by kiddos to the playground for drop off in the morning and a third grader runs by me and tells me to "move the eff out of my way..." The school is on the decline, but it's not fault of the teachers. I am not a fan of Mr. Fritch but I don't think that I would blame him either. Parents really need to reign in their kids. If your kid is a bully or misbehaving don't defend their actions. Don't be a jerk in the afternoon pick up line either. The problem is with the parents more than it is with the school.

My oldest son attended for 4 years and youngest daughter attended for last two years. There is a reason the school has slipped from an "A" to a "B". We pulled our daughter out and have never looked back. Sadly, Broadmor isn't what it use to be. Given 1 review in last 2 years I'm guessing folks know what the problem is but just not naming it openly. Broadmor seems to be a haven for bullies for some reason.

Broadmor is an amazing school. Great teachers committed to learning and to their students, a thriving and active parent and volunteer community, and a great mix of neighborhood students and children coming from other areas. The garden and nutrition education program run by the PTA is absolutely amazing and enriches the curriculum beyond measure.

I have had two kids attend Broadmor. It is a good school for good students who learn easily. But if your child has special needs or is "gifted" or in any way needs extra instruction or attention, it is merely an OK school. I think it gets A+ / Excelling marks because the parents are generally educated and concerned enough to teach their kids whatever the school doesn't teach effectively. I taught my son to read in Kindergarten because he wasn't learning it at school. He's now in fourth grade and reads at a 12th grade level, so it was not a problem with his ability or intelligence! The teachers are the same as at other schools my kids have attended; they are overall competent, some excellent, some not so great. We had a lot of issues with bullying for several years but the new principal seems to have solved that problem. I love the community (the other families and kids we have met are very nice). The PTA does a good job fundraising and planning events/field trips for the kids. But I tried for two years to get involved with the PTA and found it "cliquish." I would go to meetings and sign up to assist or be on committees and they would say "we'll call you" but they never did.

If I could give Broadmor more than 5 stars I would! The teachers, staff and administration are amazing. My son gets mad when summer is here - he doesn't want to miss school! While the academics are very impressive (they are always an A and/or Excelling school) the community feel is what I love. Broadmor has a large garden that is managed by parents, kids and parents often stay and visit after school gets out, and they have a variety of partnerships with ASU. Just a small glimpse into all the things they have going on at the school. In addition, while a good portion of the kids come from the surrounding neighborhood, many commute in from all over the Valley (Levine! East Mesa!). Nearly 40% of the kids qualify for some form of assistance too. It is even more impressive that the school boasts excellent test scores, fosters a small-town community AND helps many kids with economic and social challenges. If you're in Tempe, there is no better choice. If you're within driving distance from Tempe, get on the waiting list! This school is magical.

We have two children at Broadmor and cannot say enough good about the school and teachers there. There is great feeling of community at the school. There is a lot of parental involvement and it is welcomed. One of our children is in the P.A.C.E. program for gifted students and it has provided wonderful enrichment making school interesting and fun again!

This is my child's first year at Broadmor and we are leaving before the school year is complete. The teachers are great. The principal is another story. She is rude and condescending. My child has been bullied all year ending in a horrific threat and the principal refuses to do anything. This used to be a top school. Unfortunately, things have really changed under this principal. I have heard other complaints about her.

I did really like Broadmor until they labeled my child and now things are much different! They treat my child and anyone else that is labeled much differently than they do other children! They seriously need to learn that just because a child is having problems it is NOT ok to treat them differently because they see that and act out because of that! The teachers at Broadmor are great. They have helped my child in a tremendous way but the Principal could take a few more classes on how to treat kids fairly! :( I hate to say that because I am not one to talk poorly about someone but it needs to be said and the truth hurts sometimes! All in all it's a pretty good school if you don't have a labeled child! I am not sure if my daughter will be attending Broadmor next year, I would much rather take her somewhere that she will be treated fair, labeled or not! Sorry but this is my opinion and experience that I have gotten out of Broadmor Elementary.....

Last modified Broadmor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.