Tempe, AZ

Posted January 25, 2015
Broadmor is an amazing school. Great teachers committed to learning and to their students, a thriving and active parent and volunteer community, and a great mix of neighborhood students and children coming from other areas. The garden and nutrition education program run by the PTA is absolutely amazing and enriches the curriculum beyond measure.

Broadmor Elementary School 4

Posted May 07, 2013
I have had two kids attend Broadmor. It is a good school for good students who learn easily. But if your child has special needs or is "gifted" or in any way needs extra instruction or attention, it is merely an OK school. I think it gets A+ / Excelling marks because the parents are generally educated and concerned enough to teach their kids whatever the school doesn't teach effectively. I taught my son to read in Kindergarten because he wasn't learning it at school. He's now in fourth grade and reads at a 12th grade level, so it was not a problem with his ability or intelligence! The teachers are the same as at other schools my kids have attended; they are overall competent, some excellent, some not so great. We had a lot of issues with bullying for several years but the new principal seems to have solved that problem. I love the community (the other families and kids we have met are very nice). The PTA does a good job fundraising and planning events/field trips for the kids. But I tried for two years to get involved with the PTA and found it "cliquish." I would go to meetings and sign up to assist or be on committees and they would say "we'll call you" but they never did.

Posted May 03, 2013
If I could give Broadmor more than 5 stars I would! The teachers, staff and administration are amazing. My son gets mad when summer is here - he doesn't want to miss school! While the academics are very impressive (they are always an A and/or Excelling school) the community feel is what I love. Broadmor has a large garden that is managed by parents, kids and parents often stay and visit after school gets out, and they have a variety of partnerships with ASU. Just a small glimpse into all the things they have going on at the school. In addition, while a good portion of the kids come from the surrounding neighborhood, many commute in from all over the Valley (Levine! East Mesa!). Nearly 40% of the kids qualify for some form of assistance too. It is even more impressive that the school boasts excellent test scores, fosters a small-town community AND helps many kids with economic and social challenges. If you're in Tempe, there is no better choice. If you're within driving distance from Tempe, get on the waiting list! This school is magical.

Posted May 21, 2012
We have two children at Broadmor and cannot say enough good about the school and teachers there. There is great feeling of community at the school. There is a lot of parental involvement and it is welcomed. One of our children is in the P.A.C.E. program for gifted students and it has provided wonderful enrichment making school interesting and fun again!

Broadmor Elementary School 2

Posted January 30, 2012
This is my child's first year at Broadmor and we are leaving before the school year is complete. The teachers are great. The principal is another story. She is rude and condescending. My child has been bullied all year ending in a horrific threat and the principal refuses to do anything. This used to be a top school. Unfortunately, things have really changed under this principal. I have heard other complaints about her.

Broadmor Elementary School 2

Posted January 28, 2011
I did really like Broadmor until they labeled my child and now things are much different! They treat my child and anyone else that is labeled much differently than they do other children! They seriously need to learn that just because a child is having problems it is NOT ok to treat them differently because they see that and act out because of that! The teachers at Broadmor are great. They have helped my child in a tremendous way but the Principal could take a few more classes on how to treat kids fairly! :( I hate to say that because I am not one to talk poorly about someone but it needs to be said and the truth hurts sometimes! All in all it's a pretty good school if you don't have a labeled child! I am not sure if my daughter will be attending Broadmor next year, I would much rather take her somewhere that she will be treated fair, labeled or not! Sorry but this is my opinion and experience that I have gotten out of Broadmor Elementary.....

Posted August 27, 2010
I actually lived in Scottsdale until recently, but since I worked at ASU and my daughter's mom lived in Tempe, we decided to put her in Broadmor last year. Before she started attending Broadmor, I did not think of Tempe as a good family area. I changed my mind within a week of her starting there. The parent involvement at the school is phenomenal, and the teachers/staff are as high caliber as I have ever seen. Within a month a starting there, we sold our place in Scottsale and moved to the Broadmor area.

Posted July 25, 2010
My Daughter went to Kindergarten for the 09-10 school year. We enrolled her in Broadmor when we lived in Tempe & then in the middle of the school year we moved to Mesa. We love this school so much she is going to 1st grade here also. I didn't realize at the time the Broadmor was so much better then any other school in Tempe or Mesa. (Excelling with top test scores in AZ) The PTA & teachers are excellent. I don't know the principal but she seems to by doing a fine job. I'm sorry to see the orchestra teacher leave. She seemed to be doing a wonderful job & I was impressed with her student's music ability.

Broadmor Elementary School 4

Posted June 01, 2010
My son went to this school K-3rd grade, and we had a wonderful four years. The level of parent involvement is outstanding and the school would not be what it is without the support of the PTA. Obviously, some teachers were better than others, but overall, the experience was great.

Posted September 08, 2009
My son has truely opened up since his attendance here at Broadmore and his teacher goes out of her way to keep in touch with me weekly, even daily if necessary. He is so intelligent and I am so greatful to the staff for the outstanding job they are doing!

Broadmor Elementary School
311 Aepli Drive, Tempe, AZ  85282
Last modified Broadmor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Broadmor Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top