Carminati School

Public | K-5 | 1 student

Posted February 21, 2014

My daughter keeps getting lice from Carminati. I have told the nurse and the lady at the front desk but nothing has been done about it, not even a classroom head check. I have to keep buying the supplies and cleaning everything just for her to get it again. I'm very frustrated and the only thing left to do is file a complaint. I just wish it didn't have to come to this.

Posted April 13, 2012

My daughter loves Carminati and so do we. She was the only kindergartner that was placed in the PACE (gifted) program last year, and this year there are a few other first graders and kindergarteners in PACE. We wouldn't have known our daughter was spatially gifted if her teacher had not decided to get her tested while in K. Her K and 1st grade and PACE teachers have been excellent. They follow through with me. It probably helps that I have high expectations and I reach out to the teachers themselves. My only complaint is that in both years the work seems too low level for my daughter. Spelling words and writing projects are very easy for her -- with no challenge. But, it's up to me to challenge her beyond what the school can do in this area. I am very impressed with all of the papers my daughter does during class, such as fractions in math, and interesting writing projects. It's the homework that seems too easy and too boring at times. My daughter does talk a lot about what seems to be discipline issues with a few of the students in her class. I think her teachers handle it well, but it's a shame that they have to handle so much of it -- with the same students, over and over.

Posted May 25, 2011

My daughter was one of the first students selected from Getz School into the special ed class with Mrs Kathy Smith.. She gets a ***** star rating from me. Mrs Smith taught Loretta to read and write. Loretta then won an award for teaching herself cursive. Loretta was then in a video that was produced to show the reading program.. Thank you Mrs Smith. Loretta and I will be attending the 40th anniversary of Carminati School today . Hope to see some of her former classmates.

Posted May 23, 2011

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!! MY OLDEST SON WENT THERE FOR ALL ELEMENTARY GRADE, AND I HAVE 2 THAT GO THERE NOW. I'M SAD BECAUSE OF THE BOUNDARY CHANGES THEY WILL NEED TO MOVE SCHOOLS... I DO RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL THEY HAVE GREAT TEACHERS, AND ALL THEIR STAFF IS AWESOME. YOU WILL ALL BE MISSED AND WE WILL COME BACK TO VISIT!!

Posted May 2, 2011

I recently went to go try to observe this school, i am a student at ASU. They were supposed to know what teacher i was going to observe and they had no idea. Then they were trying to blame it on me like it was my fault. If your a good school you would be organized. The situation was handled poorly and they were very rude.

Posted December 11, 2005

The music program is amazing. Band, orchestra and chorus are all exceptional. The music programs are responsible for making my children love school and improving their academic scores.

Posted June 24, 2005

I have two children that attend Carminati. They love it. They love their teachers, who are awsome. They have all the classes for special needs and they have helped my youngest with all her special needs. OT, PT, adaptive PE...etc. The teachers are so wonderful as so is the principle. I would recomend this school to anyone.

Posted August 6, 2004

The teaching staff gives each child individual consideration. The after school clubs are exceptional. My children have gone to three elementary schools total and Carminati is the only school where they became interested in academics and participations. They are excited to go to school. I feel confident when that my children are learning and growing into stong individuals at Carminati. My son is gifted and the programs Carminati has have been able to keep him interested and even challenge him. I recommend Carminati. If you are looking at a home in the area and are wondering how the school is, take my word, it's all that I could hope for.

Posted April 29, 2003

Carminati School is exceptional. The staff is sincere, knowledgeable and I know they have the best interest of all the students at heart. As parents we are well informed with the weekly Flash and monthly Newsletter. We are always welcomed when we go to visit or volunteer. The open door policy enables us to take an active role in our children's education. The principal is always available for both students and parents. Thank you Carminati!

Posted October 15, 2002

we have been with Carminati ffor 8 years now. we have a great staff of teachers this yearr. our school schedule this year really rocks. we just had a fall break and was good for the kids and iam sure the staff enjoyed it also.I t was nice to have boyth of my children off at the same time.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

62 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

62 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

49 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

49 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 77%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (480) 968-0626

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now