Public charter
Tempe, AZ

Posted May 22, 2014
This school is top notch. Teachers are caring. The principal is helpful and responsive. Class sizes are small compared to public schools. Amount of homewrok is just right. They have a great music program and wonderful choices of after school clubs. There are lots of opportunities for parent involvment. The small, community feel to this school is wonderful.

Posted August 20, 2013
We absolutely love this school and the faculty. My daughter left last year to go to a middle school and has returned this year in 7th grade. Teachers and staff are wonderful! I would recommend this school to anyone interested in a great education and a wonderful family environment!

Posted August 11, 2013
We are new to the school, but my experience has yet to be positive. The teacher is new and inexperience and has harsh communication skills with both students and parents. In addition, paying 65.00 for a "background check" just to volunteer at the school seems very unreasonable. Our other school had someone on campus who did it for free. We're not too sure about this yet.

Center for Educational Excellence 1

Posted August 11, 2013
This school should not be listed on the "Great Schools" website. I would not label it as one of the great schools in AZ.

Posted August 10, 2013
We love this school. I pulled my children from Kyrene as I wasn't happy with the attention or curriculum they were receiving from their prior school. This school offers everything I wanted for my children. Classes are small (25 is the limit), they offer art, music (have two concerts a year), PE and Spanish. Only thing they don't offer is a big grass field. However, their large multi purpose room for the kids gives them plenty of room to exercise in. I also love the uniform dress code. The principal is a gem and knows every student by name. First day of school after we moved there, she greeted us at the door, got down on one knee, and told my children how excited she was that they were there. It brought tears to my eyes, as I never once had their prior principal in the course of two years not even attempt to say, "good morning". We have been happy with our decision to move there.

Posted June 20, 2013
I have a child in the "Fit 'n Fun" portion (under 3yo) and another who just completed Kindergarten. We have been thrilled with the teacher involvement and the education our son received. It is clear that the teachers (our experience was with both K teachers, aides, and the FnF staff) care about their students, and want to ensure their success. At times things could be disorganized, but I suspect that's true in many schools. Overall, a great experience for the younger years, at least.

Posted January 10, 2013
Sadly, my experience with this school has also gone downhill. The principal seems more focused on bragging about her accomplishments than focusing on the academic achievements on the students. Instead of teaching children how to reach the goals of their grade, she softens the workload which gives a false impression not only to the student and parent but also to the schoolboard. Thankfully this is my last year.

Posted January 09, 2013
Both my boys have been going here for a few years not and it seems to be going down hill. Teachers seem to be more worried about what the kids are wearing rather than their education. Now my youngest is told he has to shove his backpack in his desk everyday so it doesn't clutter up the room. His teacher is new and I am not impressed by any means. She blames the kids for things, uses poor judgement when speaking to them and doesn't allow them to have their own personalities and talks down to them. The principle seems to become more clueless about it and dismisses things and worries more about her numbers than the actual success of her students. I can't wait to pull them out - this school has become a joke.

Posted October 29, 2012
My husband and I are thoroughly happy with CEE - our daughter is in First Grade and her teacher knows her extremely well even after a couple of months. We think the teacher involvement is exceptional - right down to the fun we had at the Harvest Festival held in Shawnee Park last week - it would have been so much easier to stay in the class for the day but all the teachers and principal prepared in advance of the day and created a fun environment promoting social development for all the children. Can't say enough good things about this school!

Posted October 28, 2012
The Center for Educational Excellence is a jewel of a school. The tone set from the top sends out optimism, intelligence and love so strong that the whole community is infected by it - so positively! CEE's teachers work hard to infuse our children's education with STEM - science, technology engineering and math. Their affiliation with the Geographic Alliance and their efforts to make children aware of global languages and cultures is conspicuous when we listen to conversations in our home. Most of all, parents know CEE's adults of every job description really care for their children. CEE is a phenom!

Center for Educational Excellence
1700 E. Elliot #9, Tempe, AZ  85284
(480) 632-1940
Last modified Center for Educational Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Center for Educational Excellence Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 104 reviews. Top