Public charter
Tempe, AZ
After care: No

Children First Academy - Tempe 1

Posted September 15, 2013
I'm a former student at this school and I honestly wish I hadn't gone here. I came from a past of being bullied and was hoping for a change. I was so wrong. I was often bullied and nothing was done about it. An altercation between the pe teacher and my mother about a kid who liked to bully me, resulted with me ALWAYS getting a B in her class, no matter how hard I tried or how good I was, I always got a B. The curriculum there for grades 6-8 was just 6th grade material and 3 new concepts. There are no programs there for higher level students or for the sporty students. Disciplinary action against the students who needed it, was never given and the students basically ran the school. In the eighth grade I always told my principal that we needed to prepare for high school, but of course he didn't listen to me and waited until may to realize that we needed to. That same year the teachers would always over exaggerate high school and put us down in some way. My little sister who has been at this school for 5 years is approaching her final year here and my mother (who has had her fair share of anger) is going to put her in connolly for obvious reasons. Don't put your child here. Please.

Children First Academy - Tempe 5

Posted August 19, 2010
This school has sooo much to offer!!! The principal is awesome!!! The staff is caring and devoted, and they pay attention!!! If you need help they find a way!!! Definitely recommend this to any parent!!!

Posted November 05, 2009
My student's go here and another child was bullying him the teacher wouldn't handle it.It is a good school for my two children, but the disciple needs to improve

Posted October 25, 2009
This is the little school that could! We survived the county trying to close us down for over two years, and during that time we continued to serve the neediest children in our community. This school has the most devoted and hard working teachers you will find anywhere. They always put the children first.

Posted October 10, 2009
Awesome school & staff- - provide services for underpriviledged students.

Children First Academy - Tempe 5

Posted July 06, 2009

Children First Academy - Tempe
1938 East Apache Blvd., Tempe, AZ  85281
Last modified Children First Academy - Tempe is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Children First Academy - Tempe Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top