Tempe, AZ
Students enrolled: 2,449

Corona Del Sol High School 3

Posted May 14, 2015
The school resources and facilities are good, and there are some good teachers. However, there are also many teachers who seem disinclined to teach at the slightest excuse, and some who simply use the classroom as a political indoctrination camp for the unfortunate students. I will refrain from posting detailed examples since none of it was ever captured in any syllabus or take-home material; suffice it to say I spent many, many hours over multiple years re-teaching my child what should have been taught in several classes, and un-teaching the radical environmentalism, radical feminism, loose morals, hatred of Christianity, and anti-Americanism taught as "facts" in those classes.

Posted January 26, 2015
I am a current Senior at CDS and I love my school. Corona Del Sol is one of the best schools there is. If you are considering any other schools choose Corona. You won't regret it. The teachers are cool and there are many clubs and activities students can get involved in. Yes this is another typical high school that has cliques, but each class gets along with each other. Our school has the best student sections and were one big family. The Tribe is what we call ourselves and the name says it all. We are proud and LOVE to show our school spirit so that everyone knows. There are many wonderful things about Corona Del Sol and I'm glad I've met all the people i have. Corona has given me the best high school experience ever. GO AZTECS!

Posted November 10, 2014
Awesome school! My son is a Freshman at Corona Del Sol. We were lucky to go him in through open enrollment because our assigned Dobson High School is just awful, filled with gangs and troublemakers. So far, my son's year at Corona has been peaceful and enriching. The kids at the school really treat each other well and have a strong sense of school pride. The academics at the school are excellent. The music program is amazing-my son is taking the one of a kind steel drum class that they offer. There are many opportunities for clubs and sports. Most importantly, my son feels very safe. Sending him to Corona Del Sol is one of the best decisions I have made as a parent.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 03, 2014
My son is a Freshman at Corona Del Sol and I couldn't be happier with his progress. He enjoys high school. The music program is outstanding. The teachers and faculty are excellent and keep you apprised of your child's progress. My son is actually learning and told me himself he likes that they treat him as an individual and not like he is being baby sat. He finds the curriculum challenging. There are a variety of after school clubs that corona offers which is great. I couldn't be happier with the quality and standards Corona Del Sol has to offer.

Posted August 17, 2014
My son is just began his junior year at Corona Del Sol. Corona has been a terrific place for him to learn and grow. The academics have been tough and the music program has been excellent. There is something for everyone here. He has participated in after school clubs and feels a huge loyalty to Corona. The team sports after school have also given him a strong sense of self. High school years can be very rough on kids and although my son can be a bit of a loner, he continues to say he enjoys school and that Corona is the best. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Posted June 26, 2014
Corona is AWFUL. I could be sitting in class and I'll just see smoke coming from the back of the room because there are kids smoking back there!! And the teacher doesn't even care! Some of the teachers are great but overall, it isn't worth it. Maybe you'll get a good teacher, bust mostly, you won't. Not to mention the cliques! You can't turn anywhere without seeing a group making fun of a kid by himself. If you're thinking of Corona, don't. You'll just be miserable the entire time.

Posted May 27, 2014
This school was the worst high school experience a student could ask for. Drugs are rampant in the school and the students are horrible, not just to each other but even to the teachers. I have not been very impressed with the majority of the teachers. Not to mention, the administration is not very organized or very helpful. In fact, they are rather rude and could care less about individuals. Also, it takes almost twenty minutes to get signed out of school because most of the time they just sit behind their desk doing nothing.

Corona Del Sol High School 2

Posted September 24, 2013
PRESCHOOL Review: This review is only for the preschool that is offered at this school, not the high school. This preschool is cheap! However, you get what you pay for. My daughter went to this school for a little over a year. The director told my child that if she did not follow directions "that Santa would not bring her any presents." I couldn't believe it! The assistant director (aka an adult) told me this was said. Not my child. Also, the directors give preferential treatment to students whose parents work at this school. Don't expect fair treatment here. I am a teacher and did not feel that my child was treated in a professional manner. I love that the children get to work with high schoolers, but couldn't be more disappointed in the leadership. Additionally, they serve so much sugary snacks to the children, it is ridiculous. Graham crackers covered in frosting are the norm.

Posted August 27, 2013
not good it has a loud libery it's quiet when someone inspects the school and they smoke in school everyday

Posted August 14, 2013
I have one senior and one freshman this year. Corona is a fabulous school...from the faculty to the kids, I couldn't have asked for a better environment for my eldest. My freshman was identified as gifted and was registered at the Peggy Payne Academy but begged to go here because of his brother's experience, as difficult as a decision it was to make, we withdrew him and placed him in Corona w/ Honors classes. The music program is outstanding and I have no words for how much these teachers truly care about their students! The after hour time the faculty commits is astonishing and not common these days. If you're looking for a school that has a good balance between teaching independence and allowing for heavy parental involvement - Corona is the place for you. Just make sure your child is active in clubs or extra curricular activities....they will thrive!

Corona Del Sol High School
1001 E. Knox Road, Tempe, AZ  85284
Last modified Corona Del Sol High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Corona Del Sol High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top