Curry Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 1 student

Posted June 11, 2014

Mr. White and Mr. Phok have been a blessing to Curry. Thank you ! I have been a parent at Curry for 10 years. I have had 4 children attend school there. In all the years , I have not witnessed a better team till those two. They brought the change needed. It was nice watching the dark cloud float away as the school year went by. I must say ,the smiles I witnessed on all the staff and teachers faces and the children's faces was uplifting. It made a powerful statement for Curry and what type of school it is, and what they brought to it.

Posted February 24, 2014

I been at this sense 2011-2014 and this school is really amzing love all of the principals mr.cruz ,mr.cruz wife, dr.hida cargana , mr, white. The teachers I had ms.sitchler,mr.powell., mr.forrest, ms.barlow, ms.goodolf. some of the teachers are mean like ms.moreno. but I still love this school

Posted June 30, 2013

Well I dont recommond this school if your kid was a diabete because not. Educated about dabetes or informed what to do with them. They push u out as be involved in kids education. They change to many time in teacher and pincipal.

Posted June 25, 2013

I use to go to Curry elementary and I must say this school was one of the best schools i have ever gone to. My best memories was being in Ms.Day's class and staying after school to play awesome games and then again in fourth grade i remember being in Mr.Moon's classroom and all the fun projects we did. Curry was the best school I have ever gone to and I'm happy i did they made my childhood one of the best. It may have changed over the years but i can still remember the beautiful sunset and green grass when school was over and staying after school too. I wish i was a kid again.

Posted October 16, 2012

Curry used to be a good school, now it's a joke. It's clearly the forgotten school of the district, as shown by their D grade in testing. To make up for being forgotten, the district is trying to fix things according to what they think is right without regard to the students who attend. If you're planning to enroll your children at Curry, please do not, don't send them to any school in the district either. While other schools are doing well, the district is showing they do not care about the students at all. There are some amazing teachers at Curry and I hope their experiences at this school do not cause them to remove themselves from teaching.

Posted September 13, 2012

My daughter finished 5th grade their she loved it!! and my sons are now in 1st grade and 5th grade and they also loved it. the teachers are great! This is their 2nd year at this school. They didnt like the idea of moving from a Chandler school to here but now they dont want to go back to Chandler :)

Posted August 8, 2011

I had one child complete elementary at this school.I was excited to have my second start here when the principal called the police on me for bringing my younger son to say goodbye.The principal has no teacher to parent skills he treated me with disrespect.My son learned bad language in kindergarten,He was in a fight his first day,and his teacher told me flat out she has to many students and cant watch them every moment.I was appalled on how they treat parents and students.I drive 5 miles out of my way now to take my child to a better school.I would recommend the same

Posted May 26, 2010

My son is just finishing up Kindergarten and we have not had a very good experience with the school. Which is very sad because I was excited that he was able to go tto Curry as I did 20 some odd years ago. His teacher does not have control over the class, she has had him pin pointed from the very begning. He does not get the positive encouragement that he should. I had asked to have a meeting with the teacher, counsler, and principle and that never happened. Spoke seperatley with the principle and he was suppose get involed with my son and he never followed through. I really hope that first grade goes much better.

Posted February 6, 2010

Two of my children go to Curry and we LOVE this school. I would not send my kids to any other public school. The standards they hold the students and parents to is wonderful. It keeps them focused and on the way to building skills for higher education. i feel when you build a good foundation like they do at Curry you will produce life-long learners, college bound learners. Way to go Curry!

Posted December 2, 2009

My child has been at Curry Elementary sence she was in kindergarden and she is now succeding in middle school at Connolly but when she did attend Curry she loved it the teachers were nice the classes were great just perfect. I would highly reccomend this school to anyone.

Posted May 20, 2009

I echo the parent who stated that Curry is a great school! I have three kids who have attended and another who still attends. I feel important when I go to the school and see that the teachers treat the kids with the same consideration. The principal is also terrific. It is nice to see him interact with the kids both in the classroom and out on the playground. He doesn't sit in his office all day, he is out and visible to the kids. I do have a problem with parents and their inactivity in supporting the PTA and getting personally involved. It is very frustrating to be involved and see parents who are at the school as much as I am and still state that they just don't have the time.

Posted May 19, 2009

This is a great school words cant explain it. Did I mention its awsome.The princible is great the teachers are. No dought the best school

Posted February 7, 2009

My son goes to Curry and he has issues with bullies now I have tried to get in to have a meeting with the principal a few times and he has kept putting me off. The school district has a no tolerance policy for bulling and name calling but the dont seem to do anything about the issue my son is having

Posted February 8, 2006

This year has been my first encounter with curry elem. To date I am still having difficult times being informed on events, student test scores and knowledge regarding my childrens place of education. In return this frustrates me as education is of great value to me and my family. There needs to be better communication throughout the campus as answers will vary from teachers to administrators. Sincerly, the frustrated.

Posted July 4, 2005

Our childeren have consistantly scored high or above average on all Aims testing. Curry teachers are responsive attentive and well qualified. Our son is currently in first grade and not only reads on a 4th grade level but is excited about reading. Curry teachers highly motivate their students to read as much as possible. We feel that curry is an excellent school.

Posted May 17, 2003

Two of our children attended John C. Curry elementary school for a total of four years. Progressively, in their classroom grades and scores on the national tests, we observed the reflection of the schools commitment to maintain their achievement rating of improving. However, to our dismay our children have experienced an inferior education when it came to practices of the teaching staff overlooking their safety and there was continual doubting of our son s need of medical attention as it related to his daily health (i.e. we ve had to take him to the dr. for necessary treatment right after school for medical distress). Administration has overlooked these concerns. The process which best describes the experiences of our children at this school is not one of integration, but de-segregation. This school would certainly benefit from parents taking a stand to support the application of fair rules and policies, the encouragement of educational involvement of all families across a broadened spectrum, and unity between administrators and families and families with others, to name just a few. We have chosen to remove our children from the school, after four years, because trying to correct the unresponsive bureaucratic system would only further neglect the promotion of healthy, social and emotional development for our children. For the sake of children to come, we certainly still wish them the best.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

88 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

88 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

73 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

75 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 81%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (480) 894-4008

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now