Tempe, AZ

Curry Elementary School 4

Posted August 04, 2014
My children will be starting their 3rd year at Curry tomorrow and I couldn't be more pleased with their growth. The office staff is always eager to help with any issues. The principal. Mr. White is a thrill to the children and a classy role model. He is fair and works hard for the students. He encourages good decision making and leadership. Mr. Phok has a connection with the students that is incomparable. Curry had made great strides to improve academically and within the community. They have a dedicated and hard working PTSO that engages the students.

Posted June 11, 2014
Mr. White and Mr. Phok have been a blessing to Curry. Thank you ! I have been a parent at Curry for 10 years. I have had 4 children attend school there. In all the years , I have not witnessed a better team till those two. They brought the change needed. It was nice watching the dark cloud float away as the school year went by. I must say ,the smiles I witnessed on all the staff and teachers faces and the children's faces was uplifting. It made a powerful statement for Curry and what type of school it is, and what they brought to it.

Posted February 24, 2014
I been at this sense 2011-2014 and this school is really amzing love all of the principals mr.cruz ,mr.cruz wife, dr.hida cargana , mr, white. The teachers I had ms.sitchler,mr.powell., mr.forrest, ms.barlow, ms.goodolf. some of the teachers are mean like ms.moreno. but I still love this school

Posted June 30, 2013
Well I dont recommond this school if your kid was a diabete because not. Educated about dabetes or informed what to do with them. They push u out as be involved in kids education. They change to many time in teacher and pincipal.

Posted June 25, 2013
I use to go to Curry elementary and I must say this school was one of the best schools i have ever gone to. My best memories was being in Ms.Day's class and staying after school to play awesome games and then again in fourth grade i remember being in Mr.Moon's classroom and all the fun projects we did. Curry was the best school I have ever gone to and I'm happy i did they made my childhood one of the best. It may have changed over the years but i can still remember the beautiful sunset and green grass when school was over and staying after school too. I wish i was a kid again.

Posted October 16, 2012
Curry used to be a good school, now it's a joke. It's clearly the forgotten school of the district, as shown by their D grade in testing. To make up for being forgotten, the district is trying to fix things according to what they think is right without regard to the students who attend. If you're planning to enroll your children at Curry, please do not, don't send them to any school in the district either. While other schools are doing well, the district is showing they do not care about the students at all. There are some amazing teachers at Curry and I hope their experiences at this school do not cause them to remove themselves from teaching.

Posted September 13, 2012
My daughter finished 5th grade their she loved it!! and my sons are now in 1st grade and 5th grade and they also loved it. the teachers are great! This is their 2nd year at this school. They didnt like the idea of moving from a Chandler school to here but now they dont want to go back to Chandler :)

Posted August 08, 2011
I had one child complete elementary at this school.I was excited to have my second start here when the principal called the police on me for bringing my younger son to say goodbye.The principal has no teacher to parent skills he treated me with disrespect.My son learned bad language in kindergarten,He was in a fight his first day,and his teacher told me flat out she has to many students and cant watch them every moment.I was appalled on how they treat parents and students.I drive 5 miles out of my way now to take my child to a better school.I would recommend the same

Curry Elementary School 2

Posted May 26, 2010
My son is just finishing up Kindergarten and we have not had a very good experience with the school. Which is very sad because I was excited that he was able to go tto Curry as I did 20 some odd years ago. His teacher does not have control over the class, she has had him pin pointed from the very begning. He does not get the positive encouragement that he should. I had asked to have a meeting with the teacher, counsler, and principle and that never happened. Spoke seperatley with the principle and he was suppose get involed with my son and he never followed through. I really hope that first grade goes much better.

Curry Elementary School 0

Posted February 06, 2010
Two of my children go to Curry and we LOVE this school. I would not send my kids to any other public school. The standards they hold the students and parents to is wonderful. It keeps them focused and on the way to building skills for higher education. i feel when you build a good foundation like they do at Curry you will produce life-long learners, college bound learners. Way to go Curry!

Curry Elementary School
1974 East Meadow Drive, Tempe, AZ  85282
Last modified Curry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Curry Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top