Tempe, AZ
After care: No

Posted April 17, 2015
If you have a bright child that needs more than just a standard education, Fees College Prep is the school for you. My son is in the Honors program, the performing arts program and has played on a couple of the sports teams! I feel that he is adequately challenged academically without an overload of homework which allows him personal time to be a well rounded kid. I can't say enough about the caliber of the performing arts programs (band, orchestra, choir, guitar - drama & dance next school year). The teachers are top notch and the annual musical is at the level of many high schools. I also hear great things about the STEM program but he is not personally involved in that. I love the very structured, disciplined environment. I think firm boundaries and consistency are exactly what every kid needs to successfully navigate through the messy middle school years. My son probably wouldn't fit in to a "popular" group of kids but has had no problem finding a great group of friends at Fees.

Posted March 14, 2015
Bullies. Teachers leave every year. Moved my child to another school in Tempe. The focus is not education but beating other school with test scores. So sad.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 15, 2014
Not satisified, My 6th Grade Year, I was bullied all year long, Saw kids with Weed every day, All my friends, turned into Druggies, All the good people gone, All my friends, gone. The principal called me a Baby for speaking up for being bullied. It's a bad school to me, But to others, I'm glad your son or daughter is having fun, just don't let them get involved with the wrong people.

Posted September 23, 2013
My son is in 6th grade and new to Fees this year. I can't say enough about how impressed I am with the Principal and teachers as well as the PTSA. The expectations are clearly communicated to the parents. I love that I know what is happening and be able to plan accordingly. I like that they use ParentVue so I can see my sons grades every day as well as a calendar of assignments. Teachers answer emails in a timely manner and communicate well. The PTSA is really open to new parents. They are professional and keep meetings on time and useful. I am blown away about how much I really like it. I guess there might have been some past problems with this school from the low rating on Great Schools, but I can tell you this is no longer the case.

Posted September 16, 2013
my son was receiving straight F's at the San tan school, prior to moving to Tempe. Ever since he started attending this school he is now back on track with straight A's. nothing else to say. the proof is in the pudding. thank you.

Posted September 10, 2013
I am very satisfied with the curriculum and the staff at Fees. Excellents teachers and nice administration team. They work hard for our kids, to prepare them for a better academic and personal future. I love the orchestra program Mrs. Smith is a wonderful teacher.

Fees College Preparatory Middle School 4

Posted October 26, 2012
Fees is a GREAT middle school . Every teacher is very challenging when they notice how wel a student is doing . Fees is also a school that recognizes every students talent . This school is very proud of their programs escpecially their music program and sports . Overall, Fees will help lead your child to a better future and is a great school . Now that there is scholars on fire and still there is saturday school, i know my daughter is getting her work done. All honors classes are also very challening . Every night there is homework and every day there is a check up .

Posted April 09, 2012
I like Fees! I have had 3 children attend this school and they have felt safe and comfortable in this structured learning environment. I have found the faculty to be open to my communication and responsive. I appreciate their dedication to my children's education and their big hearts as they often go beyond the call of duty to provide the best opportunities for their students.

Posted April 01, 2012
In my opinion FEES is the worst possible school a child could attend. My daughter is in 7th grade, and her year has been full of nothing but bulling and degrading by other students. On one occassion, my daughter was assulted in the bathroom by another student and it was videotaped. When it was reported to administration, nothing really was done about it, and it was treated as if I was over reacting and the kids were just being kids. I wonder when enough will be enough, maybe when a child dies or commits harm to themselves because their crys for help have gone left unheard or answered. My daughter will be attending a different school next year, where I will be required to provide transportaion, but thats ok, because at least her life and self esteem will not be in jepordy.

Posted March 09, 2012
I am so disappointed in this school. My daughter is a 6th grader and is harassed and berrated on a daily basis because she is not hoodlum like many of the other kids that attend. The school does not do these kids any favors by giving them 2nd and 3rd chances to make up work or retest to bring up their grades. I mean this isn't preparing our kids for the real world. I know my boss doesn't give me multiple chances to do my work correctly so.... The teachers and staff seem to flash a blind eye at the cursing, fighting, threatening and drug exchanges going on and when I expressed concern I was treated as though I was overreacting and it's not just this school it's everywhere. THIS IS THE WORST SCHOOL IN THE TEMPE DISTRICT! My child will not be attending next year and it's really a shame because I went to this school 20 years ago and it was great. How times have changed. I will now have to transport her out of the district everyday just so she can get a quality education and not be fearful of being jumped everyday.

Fees College Preparatory Middle School
1600 E Watson Dr, Tempe, AZ  85283
Last modified Fees College Preparatory Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fees College Preparatory Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 71 reviews. Top