Tempe, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,051

Gililland Middle School 2

Posted January 15, 2015
This school is honestly the worst. Lots of fights, kids who do drugs. I suggest enrolling your kids some where else beside gililland. Gililland is the worse school any kid can go to. Not a day where someone can not get into a argument.

Gililland Middle School 2

Posted August 16, 2014
3/10!!! Wow, that's extremely sad. My children did go here only because it is our home school, but I am glad I enrolled them elsewhere. This school has very disruptive students who make it difficult for kids who actually want to learn & get an education do so. The majority of the students here are rude, talk back to the teachers, curse & it's obvious they lack discipline at home. Lets not forget about the gang activity & fights that occur. The school tries to enforce the lacked discipline but don't effectively follow through because the students are absolutely unruly. You can tell by the test scores how the students really care about their education. The teachers care & try to help but mostly for the kids who actually care about their education, which would probably be about 25% of the students.

Posted October 20, 2013
Gililland Middle School is the best ! I've heard many students from other schools say its ghetto because its a druggie school and there's a lot of fights... Well they're wrong. Gililland has a program called "Rachel's Challenge" it is about antibullying. And so far It's has help my school a ton. I am an 8th grader now, but when I was in 7th grader I could understand why people said that this school is ghetto. But that was the past and this year it's a lot better. No school is like Gililland Middle School ! Our teachers and staff are the best and you can't forget about our wonderful principle Mr. Wald ! Last year I was in the basic math but this year I jumped to algebra math because of the amazing teachers who teach you the right stuff ! They provide you with extra help if a student needs it . I give this school a 5 star and I would recommend it to parents who have a 6th 7th and 8th grade child who doesn't go to Gililland Middle School ! GO ROADRUNNERS !!!

Gililland Middle School 4

Posted January 18, 2013
Gililland has proven to be an outstanding and motivating school for our daughter. She is excited to learn in her larger orchestra classes, where she is deemed a leader by the exceptional program. That program by far is the best in the valley that we have seen. The science program is also well run with lots of hands on experiments and knowledgable staff. The students all seem very happy and so eager to learn each day. P.E. is a favorite for everyone in our family. The great sports GMS offers are what makes the school so great--having such great music as well as sports programs that are winners as well. Thank you.

Posted December 17, 2012
Teachers and staff are qualified, experienced and committed to the students. Mr. Pollack, and the music program in general, is exceptional. Great quality of education overall. Thank you GMS.

Gililland Middle School 4

Posted July 17, 2011
I attended Gililland for almost three years, and i have to say, what it lacks in educational prowess and student quality it makes up for in openness and with excellent teachers. I couldn't ask to go to a better school, I've never had a greater experience with a public school. Although the curriculum could use some work, as well as student motivation, for me, it was really wonderful. Several of the teachers are beyond qualified, and can teach students without them even realizing they're learning. Though, a few teachers fall behind that standard, the students, if they care, make up for it. The only draw back is the ridiculously early class start time and the fact that they /have/ lockers, but refuse to use them. Although, that may just be me.

Posted April 29, 2011
I attended Gililland Middle school & at first I thought it was gonna be wack like every other middle school , then i stayed till 7th grade & when my mom told me I had to swith schools , I was MAD ! Gililland was the best middle school i've ever went to , but now Icant go back ! >:/ & parents , if you have a 6th 7th or 8th grader , i reccomend this school ! (: ILOVE GILILLAND MIDDLE SCHOOL ! [:

Posted August 02, 2010
This Is a really excellent school. my children learn a lot in music and math. they are really friendly .

Posted May 28, 2010
My 13 yo daughter just finished 7th at Gililland- she won the 7th grade Math Award for the grade!! She has been at this school through 6th, now 7th, and next 8th, which she is really excited about. The teachers are spectacular; the staff, especially the NURSE are wonderful, too. If you as a parent stay involved with your child's progress, the teachers are really supportive and responsive. My ONLY criticism, and this is due to external not internal forces, are the class sizes are getting too large in the PACE (Gifted) program. All in all, this is a great school. Far surpases every other public school we have tried since 4th grade! Hooyah! Gililland rules!

Gililland Middle School 0

Posted September 06, 2009
My 2 children attend Gililland. They like the school, overall, and I do too. I do wish the classes were smaller so the kids could get more personal attention once in a while; but other than that, I believe it is an good fit for my son and daughter, who are both in 8th Grade. I commend the principal, as well, Mr. Horvath and his assistant, Vice Principal, for 'running a smooth ship.' Jane Ford; mom to Kenneth and Brigett Ford, Gililland Middle School, Tempe, AZ

Gililland Middle School
1025 S Beck Ave, Tempe, AZ  85281
Last modified Gililland Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gililland Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top