6-12 & Ungraded
Public charter
Tempe, AZ

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 23, 2015
Large turnover of students throughout the year. Teachers come and go. How can the school develop compassion, caring and empathy when the principal possesses none of these qualities as a model for the students?

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 23, 2015
Their is one teacher who comes in early and stays late to help students in other classes as well as his own. He is the "only" bright light in this school.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 23, 2015
Too much and too many to list. Keep your children out of this school. My child graduated from this school and is seriously struggling in college. My child was not prepared for college. YET, he had excellent grades at Grand Canyon Prep. My child is not the only one having first year college academic problems, from not being prepared for college as this school claims. Not college prep....not really a school.

Posted May 23, 2015
This is NOT and I repeat NOT a school to send your child if college is in his/her future. The school advertises itself as a "small school with big school academics" this is "false" and "untrue". Advanced placement, dual enrollment, chemistry, biology, computers DO NOT have labs. The teachers with the exception of one comes in 10 minutes before their class and leaves immediately after the class and my child cannot get extra help. No tutors for extra help. Yet I pay hefty "fees" each semester... for "educational services". I could keep going on and on...bottom line; avoid this school if you want college in your child's future.

Posted May 18, 2015
I was excited when I was told this was a college preparatory school, however this couldn't be further from the truth. Hence, I am removing my child from this school. Very poor direction and leadership from the principal. Teachers seem to come and go, as well as the students. The textbooks have publication dates of 1998, yet I pay student fees on a par with a private school. No laboratories....etc This is not a college prep school. Don't be fooled as I was!

Grand Canyon College Preparatory Charter School 4

Posted January 09, 2015
My son has attended this school for three years, not once has my son been bullied, pushed to the side or ignored. In public school he fell thru the cracks and always was getting sick. At Grand Canyon, He has accelerated in his studies and achieved first place in science The principal mr. Gordon, May not be in the greatest shape, but really does care about the students and this school. we pay about 1200.00 a year but, it 's being put towards school students. the building is older and was a preschool at one time, could it be cleaner yes, but it looks like any other school just on a smaller scale. Smaller classes with teachers that really do care. If your student misses a assignment, or any part of class work you will receive a phone call. Their book keeping is messy, so keep your own records and copies of everything. But they always make errors correct and we have never seen any one that works here yell or swear at anyone. Next year my son will be taking a school trip to japan. If you research a little more on the teachers here you would of known they all have credentials way above your average teacher requirements.

Grand Canyon College Preparatory Charter School 5

Posted September 13, 2014
GCP is a very good small school that helps students that get lost in a traditional public or larger charter school setting. Their students are well prepared for college as evidenced by the 1000 hours GCP kids have earned through the school Early College program while others are doing well in the schools new partnership with EVIT. I strongly encourage families to schedule an appointment to visit the school.

Posted September 06, 2014
The administration is very unorganized. As a parent of a former student I've seen great teachers come and leave shortly thereafter. The school is NOT free, we had to pay "fees" but not sure where that money went because the maintenance of the building is terrible. It's filthy with cockroaches and is painted to look like a preschool which I think it was at one time. The teachers seemed overwhelmed and the principal has a short temper and according to my child has screamed and cursed at students before. AVOID.

Grand Canyon College Preparatory Charter School 5

Posted August 17, 2014
My son has gone to GCP since 6th grade. The teachers and principal are attentive and caring. Any concerns (which are few) are immediately addressed. I know my son is learning in a safe environment with a student/teacher ratio averaging 15:1. I would highly recommend this school!

Grand Canyon College Preparatory Charter School 4

Posted June 10, 2014
The last four years have been a perfect fit for my daughter, she flourished in the small teacher to child ratios and had teachers who really cared about her success. The availability of technology for the children improves yearly as well as the physical grounds. This is a very academic school driven to prepare our children for college and beyond.

5301 South McClintock Drive, Tempe, AZ  85283
Last modified Grand Canyon College Preparatory Charter School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grand Canyon College Preparatory Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top