Tempe, AZ

Posted March 01, 2014
My 2 daughters love this school as do I !! They have great staff!!! I love the principal and assistant principal! My daughters have been there since kindergarten and they are now in 3rd grade!! They are the best!! Holdeman Huskies! !

Holdeman Elementary School 1

Posted November 15, 2013
I have a 5 year old daughter that attends Holdeman. Since the beginning of this school year, the staff has lost, misplaced, or otherwise left my daughter abandoned. The first time was about 1 month ago when the school staff lost her for about 25 minutes. The school's Vice Principal responded, "she wasn't lost, we knew she somewhere at school." And then, he smuggly apologized. And twice her teacher has put her the wrong bus which in turn left her standing outside alone in the dark, no food, no water, holding her pee. The school's prinicipal simply said "sorry." How would you feel if were your 5 year old?

Holdeman Elementary School 2

Posted November 12, 2013
I went to this school. They have problems with bullying and the teachers make it look like it's your fault they bully you. I agree it's close to low income housing and there's lots of kids coming and going.

Posted August 01, 2012
I have mixed feelings about this school, I love the teacher s attitude toward the students and they are really nice but they could dress a little better. I have noticed a lot of them in flip flops and inappropriate wear for a teacher. Love the uniforms for the students, I wish the teachers had them too. Wish they would bring back the field trips; my son loves them and was able to go to two before they stopped having them. He gets disappointed each year when there is none.

Posted August 02, 2010
This Is A Really Amazing School!!!! everyone in there is really friendly and know how to teach the kids really good.

Posted April 01, 2010
Holdeman Elementary is the BEST elementary school!! VERY PROFESSIONAL!!! EXCELLENT STAFF! & HARD WORKING MOTIVATING TEACHERS!!! A++

Holdeman Elementary School 3

Posted December 27, 2008
My daughter has attended Holdeman for 3 years now. Her biggest struggle was first grade because of bullying. It took almost the entire year to take care of the problem and still wasn't totally to my satisfaction. This year started out rough but has gotten much better. Love the staff and always feel welcome. Just wish there were more breaks in the afternoon for teachers as well as students. Would like to have field trips returned as well. The new building is beautiful. Just some concerns with safety. Would love more parent involvment. There should be no excuse that we are too busy, these are our childern!! Change takes time for those of you unhappy.

Posted November 08, 2008
It would be interesting to see what Holdeman parents think of this school now that there is a new Principal at the helm.

Holdeman Elementary School 0

Posted November 02, 2007
My sons went to Holdeman, I regret not pulling them out sooner, when the school was rated as 'underperforming.' I did pull out my younger son and I am glad I did. At Holdeman he was considered the brightest in his class, at his current school he has to work much harder and is being better prepared. The school has a very high mobility rate, poor parental involvement and don't blame it on low income families, as there are other schools with low income populations with strong parental involvement.

Posted March 28, 2007
My son started at Holdeman this year. For the most part it's a good school education wise. My kindergartner is excelling well beyond most of his class so the homework he is given by his teacher is work that is normally handed to 1st graders. The downside to this school is the fact that it is across the street from a moderately low income apt complex. The parents of those children don't have the time to be involved in their kids' education. Also people constantly move in and out so a lot of teachers teach to the lowest level of students. This is more a district issue though. All in all Holdeman is a very good school and I'll be keeping my son there.

Holdeman Elementary School
1326 West 18th St, Tempe, AZ  85281
Last modified Holdeman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holdeman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top