Hudson Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 1 student

Posted April 28, 2014

We love Hudson Elementary! The teachers and staff are fabulous and I send my kids to school with confidence. I know they are being genuinely cared for and that they are getting a great education.

Posted December 7, 2011

My husband and I absolutely love Hudson, all three of our children attend and they love it just as much! They are challanged and awarded for many academic achievements and the faculty there is amazing. I highly recommend sending your child/children to this school!

Posted April 29, 2010

My child is getting a wonderful education here. The staff is very friendly. Great communication from the teachers. GREAT SCHOOL

Posted February 12, 2009

The new principal this year has done wonders for this school. I have see dramatic changes this year and I am very happy with the schoo. My son has special needs and all the school staff has worked with us to help make his schooling work for him. This is our second year at this school and we plan to stay.

Posted September 20, 2008

Our family is so impressed with the school's new leadership. He is involved in classrooms, works together with teachers and the community, and takes his leadership of Hudson very seriously. You will see him in the hallways and even directing traffic during dismissal. My son thinks his teacher and Mr. Fritch are the best.

Posted September 12, 2008

I am extremely pleased with new leadership at Hudson and the responsiveness of the teachers. The PTA is phenomenal and there are so many positive things happening at the school. The office staff is always pleasant, efficient and professional. Nurse Anne is the absolute most caring, knowledgeable school nurse you could ever hope to have for your children. Just over the last month, I addressed two separate issues with my child's teacher and the principal. Both had excellent outcomes. Hudson school seems to have turned the corner last year's former principal experience, which was not good. The new principal, Mr. Fitch has impressed me in the short 1 1/2 months here, and the school is back to doing great things again. Hudson is excellent in my book.

Posted June 9, 2008

Hudson school needs more experienced special needs teachers. And a principal who cares about the children's future.

Posted April 26, 2008

Hudson has experienced many changes over the past year. The the most significant change, a new principal, has not been positive. Dr Macaluso is more of a dictator than a team player. The well behaved children are frightened of him and the poorly behaved children know that he won't follow through with consequences. As a parent who has been actively involved for the past five years, I won't miss the 'leadership' of Dr Macaluso when we move on to middle school in August, but I'm worried about the future of Hudson school.

Posted September 4, 2006

My son has been at this school as an open enrollment student since kindergarten. I have found the staff to be excellent, and the two times I have had concerns they have been quickly resolved to my satisfaction. My son is exceeding all expectations, and has made a wonderful and diverse group of friends. He is happy, safe, and learning at a rate that I am very happy with. Also, the PTA is very strong in this school and the behavior standards are quite high.

Posted June 4, 2006

My son has attended Hudson Elementary for the last five years, and I have been very pleased with the degree of individual attention that he has received as a student there. I was disappointed in the extent to which the school provides instruction in art and science (very little), but pleased that they have continued to offer P.E., which some schools have cut in the last few years. The school has done particularly well in helping my son to improve his reading skills, which were very poor when he started.

Posted May 31, 2006

I have been very pleased with this school - teachers, kids, and other parents - as well as resources for a smaller school - good student ratios, culturally diverse, and good involvement of families. My son is going into 5th and has been there since Kindergarden - he loves it. We live in Mesa, but I send him to Hudson because I have been so happy.

Posted February 22, 2006

I have not been very impressed by the office staff or principal of this school. The front office staff talks to the children as though they are lower class citizens. I am very impressed with the school nurse she is wonderful!

Posted August 1, 2005

The school's nurse, Ms. Anne is incredibly caring. The front office staff is very friendly and helpful. The school counselor is excellent. My son s Kindergarten teacher made special efforts to help him in the classroom. There is a lot of turn over in the student body. Overall it s a good, caring school.

Posted July 7, 2005

Was not happy with the school currently looking to place my child elsewhere.

Posted July 29, 2004

Overall, I've heard great things about this school, but we had a not-so-good experience with the teacher. The school overall was very good. The teacher tried to work with my son at first, but got side tracked by the end of the year. School counselor was great. Principal was very accomodating.

Posted June 9, 2004

A truly child- and family-friendly school where the entire staff (and pta) work well to promote individual 'personal best' style achievement among the students.....Test time (aims, sat9) is humane and even (gasp) fun at this school....

Posted February 13, 2004

Hudson Elementary was not our first choice for our daughter, who started kindergarten this year (its test scores were not as good as some of the other Tempe schools), but it will be our first choice for next year. We love our child's teacher. She is caring, motivated, enthusiastic, creative, and smart, and has taught our daughter so many things already this year. Our daughter is reading well above her grade level, writing simple sentences, and mastering many math and science concepts as well and she seems to genuinely love going to school. The other teachers we have met seem similarly kind, motivated, and smart. The PTA co-presidents are actively involved in helping the school, motivated, and welcoming. The principal and front office staff are friendly and helpful. In short, we are very pleased with the school, and will will keep our daughter here through 5th grade.

Posted February 2, 2004

As a New Zealand parent, I need to thank Hudson and Mrs. Weathers for teaching my daughter about the impact of globalisation, technology and the power of the written word. Her class has been e-pals with room 45 and she is really going to miss them this year.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

67 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

67 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

63 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 68%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (480) 820-7335

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now