Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have 3 kids that have and currently attend this school. The staff and teachers are amazing. They care about the success of their of the students and make sure they get help when needed. They have great reward programs that the kids love!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All three of my kids have had exceptional teachers. They genuinely care about the education and well being of the students.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There is so much homework that the kids don't have time to be kids. They are in school all day and then they come home and do homework for 2-3 hours every night. I strongly feel and there should be no homework on weeks when there is state testing. It is too stressful for the kids.

My kids feel safe, they're learning, they're thriving and they feel an overall sense pride in their school, the teachers and the principal. They love it here!

My son has special needs he is on the spectrim. He was treated like a problem child instead of a child. I believe Dr. Shores should not be a principal at any school. One time he made the coment to me that it was unexceptable for my son to not be on medication when I was waiting for an apoitment with a psychiatrist after a reaction to medication. He also blamed my son's behavior on bad parenting. The school did not go out of its way to find a placement that better suited my son instead they just let it go. At one point when my son got pulled out of class I was even told he doesn't have time for my son he has things he needs to do. My son has sense left the school and is at another school that is going out of its way for my son. The assistant principal at the new school always has time to help him. And they are going out of there way to help him and find a placement for him. If your child is on the spectrim stay away from this school.

The teachers and administration truly care about the students and their success. My kids love going to school here.

Dr. Shores has a genuine concern for each individual student. He caught quickly that my son needed some additional help in order to help him succeed. He provided those services and now my son is keeping up with his class. His teacher, Miss. Garcia, is one of the nicest people I have met and shows much patience with her students. Dr. Shores and Miss. Garcia ensure that no child is left behind.

I am an educational consultant and have been in 100's of schools working with students. I was so impressed by the staff and students at Hudson. The environment is warming and caring from the minute you walk in. This school seems to be flying under the radar, but is doing AMAZING things!

My school is great. They have activities throughout the year for kids and they are an A school which is fantastic. My kids also enjoy attending the school. My only complaint is that I feel like an outsider when visiting the school. Parents aren't allowed to take their kids to their classes on the first day (which is a HUGE DEAL for both parent/child). They don't invite parents to any assemblies to see their children get honored. I may be mistaken on this, but I haven't ever been told about any. The front office tone is condescending at times and they make you feel like a child rather than a parent. I'm riding out the year and hoping some things change. I have never heard of a school that doesn't allow any parents to come and help in the classroom. Especially when those parents are fingerprint clearanced by the School District. I was a school secretary for 9 years in an Elementary School and we welcomed parents as long as they signed in, in the front office. Each parent understood that they couldn't disrupt class time and they didn't, but they came and copied for teachers, cut papers, helped in the classroom, etc. The current policy in this school is baffling to me.

We love Hudson Elementary! The teachers and staff are fabulous and I send my kids to school with confidence. I know they are being genuinely cared for and that they are getting a great education.

Last modified Hudson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.