Posted August 29, 2014
I am an educational consultant and have been in 100's of schools working with students. I was so impressed by the staff and students at Hudson. The environment is warming and caring from the minute you walk in. This school seems to be flying under the radar, but is doing AMAZING things!

Posted August 15, 2014
My school is great. They have activities throughout the year for kids and they are an A school which is fantastic. My kids also enjoy attending the school. My only complaint is that I feel like an outsider when visiting the school. Parents aren't allowed to take their kids to their classes on the first day (which is a HUGE DEAL for both parent/child). They don't invite parents to any assemblies to see their children get honored. I may be mistaken on this, but I haven't ever been told about any. The front office tone is condescending at times and they make you feel like a child rather than a parent. I'm riding out the year and hoping some things change. I have never heard of a school that doesn't allow any parents to come and help in the classroom. Especially when those parents are fingerprint clearanced by the School District. I was a school secretary for 9 years in an Elementary School and we welcomed parents as long as they signed in, in the front office. Each parent understood that they couldn't disrupt class time and they didn't, but they came and copied for teachers, cut papers, helped in the classroom, etc. The current policy in this school is baffling to me.

Posted April 28, 2014
We love Hudson Elementary! The teachers and staff are fabulous and I send my kids to school with confidence. I know they are being genuinely cared for and that they are getting a great education.

Posted December 07, 2011
My husband and I absolutely love Hudson, all three of our children attend and they love it just as much! They are challanged and awarded for many academic achievements and the faculty there is amazing. I highly recommend sending your child/children to this school!

Hudson Elementary School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
My child is getting a wonderful education here. The staff is very friendly. Great communication from the teachers. GREAT SCHOOL

Posted February 12, 2009
The new principal this year has done wonders for this school. I have see dramatic changes this year and I am very happy with the schoo. My son has special needs and all the school staff has worked with us to help make his schooling work for him. This is our second year at this school and we plan to stay.

Posted September 20, 2008
Our family is so impressed with the school's new leadership. He is involved in classrooms, works together with teachers and the community, and takes his leadership of Hudson very seriously. You will see him in the hallways and even directing traffic during dismissal. My son thinks his teacher and Mr. Fritch are the best.

Posted September 12, 2008
I am extremely pleased with new leadership at Hudson and the responsiveness of the teachers. The PTA is phenomenal and there are so many positive things happening at the school. The office staff is always pleasant, efficient and professional. Nurse Anne is the absolute most caring, knowledgeable school nurse you could ever hope to have for your children. Just over the last month, I addressed two separate issues with my child's teacher and the principal. Both had excellent outcomes. Hudson school seems to have turned the corner last year's former principal experience, which was not good. The new principal, Mr. Fitch has impressed me in the short 1 1/2 months here, and the school is back to doing great things again. Hudson is excellent in my book.

Hudson Elementary School 3

Posted June 09, 2008
Hudson school needs more experienced special needs teachers. And a principal who cares about the children's future.

Hudson Elementary School 3

Posted April 26, 2008
Hudson has experienced many changes over the past year. The the most significant change, a new principal, has not been positive. Dr Macaluso is more of a dictator than a team player. The well behaved children are frightened of him and the poorly behaved children know that he won't follow through with consequences. As a parent who has been actively involved for the past five years, I won't miss the 'leadership' of Dr Macaluso when we move on to middle school in August, but I'm worried about the future of Hudson school.

Hudson Elementary School
1325 E Malibu Dr, Tempe, AZ  85282
Last modified Hudson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hudson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top