PK-5, 7 & Ungraded
Tempe, AZ

Posted September 10, 2014
Our child attended Manitas from 2nd-5th grade and we had an excellent experience from both an educational and school involvement viewpoint. Our most recent experience with 5th grade teacher Mrs. Anciaux and Gifted Resource teacher Mrs. Kelleher were excellent. Both teachers are attentive to individual student's needs and responsive to, as well as communicative with parents. These teachers obviously not only enjoy teaching, but truly thrive by being able to participate in growing children's perspective about life and the educational opportunities available through the Manitas community.

Posted May 08, 2014
This is not a good school. My child's teacher mistreats her and I recommend against this school if you want a happy child.

Kyrene de las Manitas School 3

Posted February 10, 2014
In follow up to my review from earlier today - I do think the Principal has great ideas and see that he works very hard, but don't see that there is respect for him from the more senior teaching staff. Respect is obviously a two-way street and I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Hopefully someone can figure something out to help improve the learning environment at this school.

Posted October 12, 2012
My daughter went to Kindergarten last year in Manitas. We moved out of tempe and had to change her school. I was thrilled with the way she learned and see her gradually becoming confident by the end of the year. We miss Manitas.

Posted February 22, 2012
Manitas does not provide a safe enviroment for the students. As another parent pointed out bullying is ignored. When brought to the attention of staff it is minimized. The best interest of the students is not priority. They claim to want parent involvement but once you become involved they want you to dissappear as they are not prepared for any controversy. If a student is struggling emotionally with events taking place at the school they want to blame it on the home life without merit. They will make concerns that you as a parent have seem made up and even go as far as to say maybe your child is lying or making things up. I would recommend any school over this one. Don't let the Kyrene name fool you. Unless your child is extremely gifted and popular this schoo, is not a healthy enviroment.

Kyrene de las Manitas School 3

Posted May 25, 2011
I have mixed feelings about Manitas. I respect my son's teacher. She cares and understand childrens needs and respects them.She is a great teacher and encourages individual growth and skills.Recess and lunch time does not have enough supervison. Bullying is overlooked and downplayed The PTO is a joke. They talk more about how much money they make for thier fund then they do about actually making a positive difference in the school and in the kids lives. One of of the ladies at the yearly festival opened some rides early for her kids and her friends kids only. The other kids who got thier early were ignored. Parent drop off and pick up is scary. I am surprised that someone hasn't lost a foot. Saftey issues are overlooked and the kids are hurting each other. Stomping on feet, pinching, name calling, punching, kicking and pushing. There is an atmosphere of apathy about it. Would love to see a more friendly inclusive attitude. Overall the teachers are good. I think the vice principal cares about the kids and the school. The principal is a good man who I think gets bullied by the snobby parents that have a sense of entitlement.

Posted April 08, 2011
I have 3 childern that attended Manitas. My twins are in Kindergarten and youngest is in ELC. We absolutely LOVE IT the Kindergarten Teacher Mrs. Denham is awesome. She has made my child feel so special that she loves going to school everyday. The staff really looks for kids first not parents.

Posted April 26, 2009

Posted March 15, 2009

Posted March 02, 2009
My childen have been with Manitas since pre-school; one is in 7th grade and my youngest in is 5th grade this year. I am very sad to leave Manitas it is a WONDERFUL school. I personally have been a parent volunteer and acitive in the PTO for years. Just like any other school the administration and teachers may change but the homey fell of the school has never change. I feel my children were very well cared for during their time at Manitas. I would highly recommend this school. It has the best Emergency Team (Mrs. Thomas and her team THANK YOU) in the Kyrene district.

Kyrene de las Manitas School
1201 W Courtney Lane, Tempe, AZ  85284
Last modified Kyrene de las Manitas School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kyrene de las Manitas School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top