PK-5 & Ungraded
Tempe, AZ

Posted September 24, 2014
I can not say enough good things about Ninos. For a parent researching this school, please read the recent reviews. Ninos has gone through quite a transformation. I'm so proud my children attend a college bound dual language academy! I've been very impressed with the teachers. This is our 3rd year at Ninos and the teachers have been wonderful. They are passionate, they communicate, and truly care about educating their students at a high level. My children are thriving in the dual language program. I also love the community and diversity of Ninos. It is like a big family. There are family events and it is clear that the community is very important to the school. I have also been pleased with the Administration and the direction that Ninos is heading. It has only improved since we've been attending. Every month we are able to meet with the Principal to discuss different issues and I love that that is available to us as parents. We are very happy with Ninos and will continue to recommend this school.

Posted August 30, 2014
This is our First Year in Kindergarden in Ninos. I've felt very welcomed by his Teacher, Administration and Support Staff. I like that they have a Counselor, Prevention Specialist, Intervention Specialist to support the children's emotional development. The Assistant Principal and the Principal are always ready to help. They are all very proactive and excellent communicators with individual families. They are really proving that when the community comes together to support our precious kids education. It's the combination of this outstanding of the Ninos staff and all the parents I see, there and willing to play an active role in our children's education. There are many after school enrichment programs that are available in premises very convenient.

Posted August 29, 2014
I am a former teacher and current Educational Consultant. I have worked in over 100 schools and am thrilled that my son attends Ninos. I count my blessings every day to have found such an amazing school. My son is an active boy and I really did not know how he would take to school. He has been happy and making great progress since day 1. His teachers have all been very professional, caring and yet demanding. They have been excellent at setting behavioral expectations and created warm and motivating learning environment. This is true of all of his 4 classroom teachers as well as the special area teachers. The leadership is attuned to needs of staff and students and spends lots of time creating a fun environment where everyone likes to come while teaching students appropriate behaviors. The have set up lots of opportunities to catch students being good and the students have risen to these expectations. The PTA is active and eager to help the school in many ways. While, I reccomend this school for all, my son is in the dual-language program. My husband and I are so impressed with this program and thankful that it is free.

Posted August 27, 2014
This school has great family environment. The teachers care about the students furthering their education. And being college bound is an expectation that is given to each student. We love this school.

Posted August 23, 2014
Please read current reviews of this school. In the past few years the school has had a tremendous turn around in the way things are going. From an under performing school with low enrollment, to a busting at the seams, dual language college bound academy. The dual language program draws many involved parents and teachers to the school. My 2 daughters are thriving, not only in Spanish class, but their English class is challenging and engaging. I know parents that commute 30 miles or more to attend this school, and I, myself after one year of attending open enrollment, was excited to purchase a home in the neighborhood. We are committed to providing our girls with a quality education, and the Spanish language portion is just the icing on the cake. Many parents would be happy to pay a healthy tuition for what these children get for free. I cannot say enough good things.

Posted March 17, 2014
I have two children that attend the Dual Language program at Kyrene de Los Ninos. We are from out of the district, but the travel is worth it. We have found dedicated teachers and staff to be the norm. I have watched as the PTA has grown immensely and parental involvement is high. The principal is dedicated and actively involved. I'm so glad we found this school. I couldn't ask for better for my kids.

Posted August 15, 2012
This is the only elementary school I have ever had my kids in. I have been very happy with every teacher. My younger son was able to start the dual language program, that continues each year. Half the day instruction is in English, and half the day in spanish. The school's motto is NO EXCUSES. Each classroom has a university that it represents, and they get the children thinking about college at a young age which I think is great. This school has a resource center for families that have children in the kyrene district. Even though not all parents are capable of volunteering during the day, this school offers lots of family nights, and activities that help parents become involved with their child's school. I especially love the diversity at this school.

Kyrene de los Ninos School 4

Posted May 04, 2012
This school has being amazing for my daughter! The dual program is great. She is reading and writing in English and Spanish! Miss Fernandez and Miss Burger are amazing teachers. We love it!

Kyrene de los Ninos School 1

Posted August 31, 2011
After much research decided to try to dual language program and chose to go out of district (30 min drive). Principal and teaching staff very dedicated and wonderful. However this school has very minimal parental involvement due to demographics of the community served. Poor supervision in am on playground before school as K-5 on same playground together. Many children with violent and emotional problems in the classroom prohibitied the teacher from creating a safe learning environment. One cannot change the issues that accompany children coming from underpriviliedged, uneducated, and impoverished homes. Hopes were high, but in the end was very disappointed.

Posted February 05, 2011
This is my child's first year attending Ninos - A College Bound Dual Language Academy. Great school! Great teachers! Great principal!

Kyrene de los Ninos School
1330 E. Dava Dr., Tempe, AZ  85283
Last modified Kyrene de los Ninos School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kyrene de los Ninos School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top