Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

While the dual language program has moved over to Del Norte, I have to say this is the best public school I've ever seen. This was my sons first year here, 4th grade and moving from out of state. He had some behavior issues at the beginning of the year and his teachers never once gave up on him and encouraged him to grow and mature as a person, not just a student. They care more about making sure the kids learn and improve their actual knowledge rather than just how well they learn to take tests. That was a huge deal for me. The superhero theme is perfect and all of the teachers are upbeat and eager to teach. I honestly couldn't be happier with the school.

Our experience at this school for the past five years has been a very positive one. Both my girls have truly enjoyed their experience there. I believe communication is ideal with any educational situation so whenever I have had a concern I have quickly contacted the teacher and/or administration. And I have gotten great results. With respect & concern to resolve the concern. I would, and do highly recommend Kyrene de los Niños!!!

Update - it is now Nov. 2015. I pulled my child from the DL program at Ninos in late Sept. 2015 He is thriving and earning straight A's at a neighborhood charter school with much higher academic and student behavior expectations. We have been at this school for two years (2013 to present). If you want to go to a school where the principal tells you with a straight face and conviction that "there are no studies that prove that homework increases student performance" and your student's teacher tells you that their responsibility lies within the four walls of the classroom, then this is the school for you. (And no, my kids aren't "trouble makers", bullies, or under-performing students). In the 3rd grade my son is getting 20 math problems per week assigned on an automated computer program. That's it. No more homework. No vocabulary words. No reading assignments, no writing assignments. Parents are responsible for finding the appropriate resources for everything outside of 20 questions. We chose this school for the dual language program based on its reviews and its reputation for being one of the best programs in one of the best districts. If this is the best AZ public schools has to offer, we are all in trouble. Simply put, this school does not provide the resources nor does it have the interest in teaching your kids the value of mastery, excellence, or challenge. We walked in for meet the teacher night and the white board said "Would you like your student to have homework. Please write their name under the 'Yes' or 'No' column". Nah, I don't want my kids to learn. Of course, our kids saw this, so they got the message before day 1 that homework is and should be optional. I am a strong advocate for second language programs. That is not the issue here. The problem here are teachers and an administration that is looking for the easiest way to check the box next to your student's name, while hiding behind inflated ratings and baseless statistics.

I can not say enough good things about Ninos. For a parent researching this school, please read the recent reviews. Ninos has gone through quite a transformation. I'm so proud my children attend a college bound dual language academy! I've been very impressed with the teachers. This is our 3rd year at Ninos and the teachers have been wonderful. They are passionate, they communicate, and truly care about educating their students at a high level. My children are thriving in the dual language program. I also love the community and diversity of Ninos. It is like a big family. There are family events and it is clear that the community is very important to the school. I have also been pleased with the Administration and the direction that Ninos is heading. It has only improved since we've been attending. Every month we are able to meet with the Principal to discuss different issues and I love that that is available to us as parents. We are very happy with Ninos and will continue to recommend this school.

We travel 30 plus minutes so our children can participate in the dual language program at Nino's. We have had nothing but a positive experience in the four years our kids have been attending. We have met great parents, teachers and many wonderful administrators.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school uses Positive Behavior Intervention (PBIS) very effectively. There is a super hero theme that inspires all students to reach higher! Students are taught to be self monitoring and self reflective with the support and feedback from a teacher, it is very effective for having students own their behavior and be "ready to learn" in school.

I love Kyrene de los Ninos, my kids attend the dual language program and we have been impressed from day one with the passion and energy put into developing students. Being in the dual language program my children are now bilingual and bi-literate... it is such an amazing program. The staff are all so caring and professional I always feel welcome there as a parent. By the nature of the dual language program my students are in a cohort and as we progress through the years it has been wonderful to see the DL community grow and connect with each other. I have one student who academically advanced for their age and I have one who has needed math support from time to time and the school has been amazing with the resources. The W.A.T.C.H Dogs program has been fantastic and now the new enrichment and/or support groups that happen everyday for every student it seems that every year they are adding a new deeper resource for building and strengthening assets in our students. If you are looking for a school, consider Kyrene de los Ninos for sure! We are out of district and travel over 10 miles to attend! Worth it!!

Develops character: Disagree

There have been numerous bullying and theft incidents in the short two years we've been here. Despite the dual language program being a small program, the sense of community is little to none.

This is our First Year in Kindergarden in Ninos. I've felt very welcomed by his Teacher, Administration and Support Staff. I like that they have a Counselor, Prevention Specialist, Intervention Specialist to support the children's emotional development. The Assistant Principal and the Principal are always ready to help. They are all very proactive and excellent communicators with individual families. They are really proving that when the community comes together to support our precious kids education. It's the combination of this outstanding of the Ninos staff and all the parents I see, there and willing to play an active role in our children's education. There are many after school enrichment programs that are available in premises very convenient.

I am a former teacher and current Educational Consultant. I have worked in over 100 schools and am thrilled that my son attends Ninos. I count my blessings every day to have found such an amazing school. My son is an active boy and I really did not know how he would take to school. He has been happy and making great progress since day 1. His teachers have all been very professional, caring and yet demanding. They have been excellent at setting behavioral expectations and created warm and motivating learning environment. This is true of all of his 4 classroom teachers as well as the special area teachers. The leadership is attuned to needs of staff and students and spends lots of time creating a fun environment where everyone likes to come while teaching students appropriate behaviors. The have set up lots of opportunities to catch students being good and the students have risen to these expectations. The PTA is active and eager to help the school in many ways. While, I reccomend this school for all, my son is in the dual-language program. My husband and I are so impressed with this program and thankful that it is free.

Last modified Kyrene de los Ninos School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.