Kyrene Middle School 2

Posted November 03, 2014
Both my children have attended KMS and I have to say that I haven't been happy with the school overall. Bullying here is a real issue. Both my children have experienced this, my son was able to resolve the issues on his own but it resulted in him just "getting through" his last year at KMS instead of being able to enjoy his time there. I know that children will be children but the amount of inappropriate behavior that is conducted there is almost appalling. My daughter informed me that one of her peers was in trouble at school for having marijuana on her and that several students come to school high. I think with all of the social distractions it is difficult for the children to focus on the academics. If I were to do it all over again I would not put my kids in KMS.

Posted January 18, 2013
If a child is experiencing an issue, there are many ways to deal with it. And, this school has numerious programs including the Rachel's Challenge FOR Clubs. My son has numerous friends who attend KMS from his football teams and I've never heard the remarks below from any of those parents.

Kyrene Middle School 1

Posted January 17, 2013
Racism and bullying are bigl a problem at KMS, especially if you are a white male. The administration is aware of the problem(s), but have not found an effective way to deal with it, citing "cultural differences." There are some really good teachers at the school and their performing arts program is one of the best in the district. However, the social environment , lack of respect for authority, low academic expectations, and frequent classroom disruptions, result in a poor learning environment. If your child does not academically qualify for the "Prep Program," I would strongly consider enrolling your child in another middle school.

Kyrene Middle School 4

Posted December 07, 2012
I went here for all 3 of my middle school years and found it to be an excellent school! I got plenty of help from staff and fellow students. i also learned A LOT. I think that anyone who feels that there is bullying due to race, then thats not completely true. It never has anything to do with race when being bullied..a student normally brings it upon themselves or the bullies just pick a feature to torment a student for. So, saying that it's "not a good school to go to if youre white" , is completely and utterly FALSE. And also "buses in too many kids from undesirable areas to keep enrollment up" is also false. They just giving students an equal opportunity to get a good education and KMS is the place to get t!

Kyrene Middle School 1

Posted October 28, 2012
I ended up taking my kid out due to constant bullying. Not a good school to go to if your white! Lots of racisim in Kyrene Middle School and the Administration can't stop it.

Posted July 03, 2011
We came from an expensive private school and KMS has exceeded our expectations! Challenging classes, approachable teachers who enjoy what they do and great leadership from the principal. At the private school, every decision and change was painstaking with administration taking forever to complete a task. At KMS, they jump right in, make the change, analyze it, tweek it and so far... the experience has been a success for my child. I feel my child is well prepared for high school (and perhaps college too) after the courses taken and also had great exposure to music, art, P.E. and computers. I give KMS a big thumbs up and am looking forward to the new challenges they have in store for my next child who will attend middle school soon.

Kyrene Middle School 2

Posted April 27, 2011
Kyrene Middle School buses in too many kids from undesirable areas to keep enrollment up,and the apples dont fall far from the trees if you know what i mean.My son tells me of fights every day at the bus area,loud disruptive students, and teachers that are overwhelmed with "BAD APPLES"

Posted July 23, 2009
its a great school to go to and they have great teacher's

Posted June 23, 2009

Kyrene Middle School 4

Posted June 19, 2009
This school has had some growing pains, but I am still pleased with the education my child received at KMS. The Music and Art Dept. are amazing. There are some incredible teachers at KMS, a prep program, and lots of opportunities for all. Sure there are some 'bad apples' as in any school but overall I feel my daughter had a great experience at KMS.

Kyrene Middle School
1050 East Carver Road, Tempe, AZ  85284
Last modified Kyrene Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kyrene Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top