Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son is in 6th grade and being bullied. We have older kids and never experienced bullying until this year. My son always loved school before this year. Every day I watch him get out of the car, mumble to himself, "I've got this," and then walk in with his head down, depressed. I have asked for several meetings with staff and my requests are ignored. This has been a nightmare. Do we keep my son at KMS with the idea that this will strengthen him or do we pull him out? We would appreciate any advice from any other parents.

Bullying is a big issue here, sent my son here for 6th grade and he's been bullied since day one, he's a quite well behaved kid who didn't "fit in" with the bully crowd, school staff does very little to make your children feel safe and I feel can do more to prevent his from happening, besides "talking" to the students, my son's going to give it another try this year and I hope students learn how to be more respectful towards others and staff are more aware of what's going on!

Amount of homework: Agree

My daughter is in the Prep program, and the amount of homework she had is on par with the rigors of this program. It keeps her busy, but it's not busy work. It all reinforces the lessons she's learning at school. Also, she is given time at school to make a significant dent, so she's not overwhelmed at home.

My daughter is in her second year at KMS, and has loved every minute of it. She enjoys her classes, feels like there's alot of fun extracurricular options for her to choose from, and has made some great new friends. As a parent, I can't say enough about the administration, and the teachers my daughter has had. They are 100% committed to the kids at this school, and it shows.

Transition was extremely easy... And the teacher teams are amazing..... Communication to and from the school administration is good too!

We moved to the area and I was concerned seeing reviews knowing my 7th grade daughter would be going here. KMS is a great school, my daughter has a team of teachers beyond amazing and the administration falls right in line with that as well. She requires accommodations and I can tell you all have bent over backward to do their very best to make my daughter comfortable and her school experience a very positive one. We could not be more pleased with KMS!!

As a frequent visitor to KMS during the school day and also as a friend of many parents who have made KMS their "school of choice", I would highly recommend this and any Kyrene school. There will always be more negative than positive comments on any of these kinds of websites so, first and foremost don't base your decisions on someone else's opinion - go and see a school for yourself. Meet the staff, walk the campus and experience the joy of the children, then decide. Do you buy a car just because your friend says its good? No you go drive it! If you expect children to do their homework, do your own!

Both my children have attended KMS and I have to say that I haven't been happy with the school overall. Bullying here is a real issue. Both my children have experienced this, my son was able to resolve the issues on his own but it resulted in him just "getting through" his last year at KMS instead of being able to enjoy his time there. I know that children will be children but the amount of inappropriate behavior that is conducted there is almost appalling. My daughter informed me that one of her peers was in trouble at school for having marijuana on her and that several students come to school high. I think with all of the social distractions it is difficult for the children to focus on the academics. If I were to do it all over again I would not put my kids in KMS.

My son is in the College Preparatory Program and has been on the honor roll the entire year. He has scored extremely well on his AIMS test, so for my son as an individual I have no complaints. The teachers communicated with me frequently. The school has provided us with resources and assistance and my son has definitely benefited and excelled with their support. My child is multi-racial and hasn t experienced any bullying. I think it is a good school and I have 3 friends who enrolled their children at this school even though they do not live in the district. They also recognize the opportunities that this school provides. We cannot let other kid s behaviors affect our children s education. My son is doing awesome and I believe anyone s kid can excel if they want to!

Better than many schools my child has attended. Though not the best I have enrolled my child in. We have been all around Arizona and have been to many horrible schools, though we do believe it is a well made up school, even though parent communication is not well.

Last modified Kyrene Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.