Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Kyrene Middle School 2

Posted June 27, 2016
Bullying is a big issue here, sent my son here for 6th grade and he's been bullied since day one, he's a quite well behaved kid who didn't "fit in" with the bully crowd, school staff does very little to make your children feel safe and I feel can do more to prevent his from happening, besides "talking" to the students, my son's going to give it another try this year and I hope students learn how to be more respectful towards others and staff are more aware of what's going on!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 03, 2016
Thanks to both our principals, for making this school and its students a priority in the district. Their advocacy for our students and teachers on a district level is not going unnoticed!!!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 03, 2016
My daughter is in the Prep program, and the amount of homework she had is on par with the rigors of this program. It keeps her busy, but it's not busy work. It all reinforces the lessons she's learning at school. Also, she is given time at school to make a significant dent, so she's not overwhelmed at home.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 03, 2016
The communication between the students, parents, teachers and administrators has been fantastic. To me, that is the key to success and KMS gets 5 stars.

Posted February 03, 2016
My daughter is in her second year at KMS, and has loved every minute of it. She enjoys her classes, feels like there's alot of fun extracurricular options for her to choose from, and has made some great new friends. As a parent, I can't say enough about the administration, and the teachers my daughter has had. They are 100% committed to the kids at this school, and it shows.

Posted February 03, 2016
Transition was extremely easy... And the teacher teams are amazing..... Communication to and from the school administration is good too!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 05, 2015
Team 7A teachers and all of the IEP and 504 Administration are amazing -thank you for all you do!!

Posted November 05, 2015
We moved to the area and I was concerned seeing reviews knowing my 7th grade daughter would be going here. KMS is a great school, my daughter has a team of teachers beyond amazing and the administration falls right in line with that as well. She requires accommodations and I can tell you all have bent over backward to do their very best to make my daughter comfortable and her school experience a very positive one. We could not be more pleased with KMS!!

Posted August 13, 2015
As a frequent visitor to KMS during the school day and also as a friend of many parents who have made KMS their "school of choice", I would highly recommend this and any Kyrene school. There will always be more negative than positive comments on any of these kinds of websites so, first and foremost don't base your decisions on someone else's opinion - go and see a school for yourself. Meet the staff, walk the campus and experience the joy of the children, then decide. Do you buy a car just because your friend says its good? No you go drive it! If you expect children to do their homework, do your own!

Kyrene Middle School 2

Posted November 03, 2014
Both my children have attended KMS and I have to say that I haven't been happy with the school overall. Bullying here is a real issue. Both my children have experienced this, my son was able to resolve the issues on his own but it resulted in him just "getting through" his last year at KMS instead of being able to enjoy his time there. I know that children will be children but the amount of inappropriate behavior that is conducted there is almost appalling. My daughter informed me that one of her peers was in trouble at school for having marijuana on her and that several students come to school high. I think with all of the social distractions it is difficult for the children to focus on the academics. If I were to do it all over again I would not put my kids in KMS.

1050 East Carver Rd, Tempe, AZ  85284
Last modified Kyrene Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.