Bad
Good

It's very nice school. The teachers is very helpful and they are experts they known how to deal with kids . Thanks for Laird Team

I am very glad that my student is in mrs.davis's class. She is a great teacher and doesn't let any of the students be off task. She cares about the students and my child understands it very clearly when she teaches it. She is a very outstanding teacher and she deserves a raise for all her hard work. My child sees her as a role model and looks up to her very much. I am very happy she is in her classroom. I am very grateful to mrs.davis . Thank you for being my child's teacher.

I really appreciate Ms. Papsin and Mr.Kadera (2nd and 3rd) grade teachers who have shown great interest in helping little ones learn and I my self have seen great success with my kids due to the outstanding teaching ability and great patience!! These two "rocking" teachers are awesome! My child loves to learn and is excited to go to school so that he can teach me new things too. It is great to see my childs eyes light up all because he is so excited to learn. I really have not any other interaction, maybe with the principal once. But she was not very courteous to me. I just blew it off as maybe she had a bad day I guess. But Kudos to the two teachers named above!! I have called the school and never had luck to speak to anyone at the front desk. Ms. Papsin and Mr. Kadera deserve ONE MILLION STARS:)

I am a current teacher at Laird K8 and want to give an update about our school. To address the concerns about middle school, we have changed our model to a traditional middle school where students move to different classes/teachers for different subject areas. This allows teachers to focus on a specific content area and raise the bar for the students. We have also added more elective choices. There is a new principal at the helm and we will continue to strive for student success.

This school in my opinion needs to rethink there whole plan for their students, now that its turned k-8 is worse due to lack of disciplinary and guidance. They have no recess for the children in the morning and have no special help for kids with special needs. Not once have I met the principal and at teacher confrences was hurried due to 10 minutes only. Plus bullingness is seen alot at this school ecspecially towards the teachers from students, the students have no respect for the teachers and I've personally seen sub teachers break down and leave due this. My opinion on this school is they're more caring on funds and what's keeping them funded and not the well beings for their students.......

Kindergarden prepared all the students to read and do math to test out of kindergarden, but there was not time to play. And I disagree that when a child doesn't complete his or her work, that he has to sit out the short recess. Instead, he or she needs to run around. There isn't time to develop social skills when every minute is learning. It gave them great academic skills but it needs to be balanced with the rest of life.

I have two children at this school and I think it is wonderful. My daughter is in kindergarden. I was told by scottsdale school district that she wasnt prepard for school yet but Laird took her in and taught her to read in the first quarter! She is now reading at a first grade level and adding and subtracting. My son is in first grade and is excelling quite nicely. He is reading at a second garde level and doing second grade math. The teachers are wonderful and the principal is ALWAYS accessable to the children and parents. I Love thei school.

My daughter has attended Laird her whole life and is now in the 5th grade. She has had incredible teachers every year. Her kindergarten teacher taught her to read in less than 3 months. She has been involved in choir and orchestra the past two years which have been wonderful experiences. The school nurse is the best! There is a nice ethnic mix with kids from all over the world due to ASU. This has taught my child to love everyone. I think Laird is and has been an excellent school for my daughter.

Last modified Laird School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.