Posted October 28, 2013
I really appreciate Ms. Papsin and Mr.Kadera (2nd and 3rd) grade teachers who have shown great interest in helping little ones learn and I my self have seen great success with my kids due to the outstanding teaching ability and great patience!! These two "rocking" teachers are awesome! My child loves to learn and is excited to go to school so that he can teach me new things too. It is great to see my childs eyes light up all because he is so excited to learn. I really have not any other interaction, maybe with the principal once. But she was not very courteous to me. I just blew it off as maybe she had a bad day I guess. But Kudos to the two teachers named above!! I have called the school and never had luck to speak to anyone at the front desk. Ms. Papsin and Mr. Kadera deserve ONE MILLION STARS:)

Laird School 4

Posted March 04, 2013
I am a current teacher at Laird K8 and want to give an update about our school. To address the concerns about middle school, we have changed our model to a traditional middle school where students move to different classes/teachers for different subject areas. This allows teachers to focus on a specific content area and raise the bar for the students. We have also added more elective choices. There is a new principal at the helm and we will continue to strive for student success.

Laird School 1

Posted January 30, 2012
This school in my opinion needs to rethink there whole plan for their students, now that its turned k-8 is worse due to lack of disciplinary and guidance. They have no recess for the children in the morning and have no special help for kids with special needs. Not once have I met the principal and at teacher confrences was hurried due to 10 minutes only. Plus bullingness is seen alot at this school ecspecially towards the teachers from students, the students have no respect for the teachers and I've personally seen sub teachers break down and leave due this. My opinion on this school is they're more caring on funds and what's keeping them funded and not the well beings for their students.......

Posted June 06, 2008
Kindergarden prepared all the students to read and do math to test out of kindergarden, but there was not time to play. And I disagree that when a child doesn't complete his or her work, that he has to sit out the short recess. Instead, he or she needs to run around. There isn't time to develop social skills when every minute is learning. It gave them great academic skills but it needs to be balanced with the rest of life.

Laird School 5

Posted March 28, 2008
I have two children at this school and I think it is wonderful. My daughter is in kindergarden. I was told by scottsdale school district that she wasnt prepard for school yet but Laird took her in and taught her to read in the first quarter! She is now reading at a first grade level and adding and subtracting. My son is in first grade and is excelling quite nicely. He is reading at a second garde level and doing second grade math. The teachers are wonderful and the principal is ALWAYS accessable to the children and parents. I Love thei school.

Laird School 4

Posted January 15, 2007
My daughter has attended Laird her whole life and is now in the 5th grade. She has had incredible teachers every year. Her kindergarten teacher taught her to read in less than 3 months. She has been involved in choir and orchestra the past two years which have been wonderful experiences. The school nurse is the best! There is a nice ethnic mix with kids from all over the world due to ASU. This has taught my child to love everyone. I think Laird is and has been an excellent school for my daughter.

Laird School 1

Posted June 01, 2006
Very Dissapointed that this school has become a testing environment.It's not about the kids learning it's all about testing scores.The Principal thinks he is running a military academy.I attend Laird and hoped my sons would also, but I have moved my kids to a new school. THE TEACHERS ARE GREAT! and will be missed. Several kids changing schools and teacher turnaround is very high.

Posted May 06, 2006
Level of quality of this school is about a ' C '. Alot of effort is not followed through as described. Extremely lacking in parent involvement.Parents do not support the staff or students.

Laird School 5

Posted September 06, 2005

Laird School 2

Posted August 20, 2005
Several new changes have been made at this school this year.Although,we are not sure if they are the 'Right' combination at this time.Alot of construction is taking place at this campus which will improve the community and the School overtime.With the 'Right' changes and the 'Right Leadership' this School can become very sucessful.

Laird School
1500 N Scovel St, Tempe, AZ  85281
Last modified Laird School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laird School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top