Bad
Good

Marcos De Niza High School 2

Posted March 24, 2014
Hard to believe this school has a positive review when it's not that great. Most people I know who came here didn't like going here and other people who went here are indifferent. Bullying is a problem from what I heard.

Posted January 17, 2014
Outstanding school for all types of students! I am a parent of a young man with special needs who attended Marcos, and is now in college. Mr. Mirizio and Mr. Griffith had my son's back, helped me with all of his placement needs, and worked with our situation very well. This school has an outstanding faculty, dedicated teachers, an expansive array of programs, and an administration that is connected to the community that it serves. Parent involvement before problems happen makes the biggest impact.

Marcos De Niza High School 1

Posted September 25, 2013
Principle and AD are nothing more than bullies. Mirizio is not a good person. Athletic director Griffth I have no idea how this person got a job anywhere. Both belittle people and bully staff. should be some sort of investigation into these 2. Unfortunately Very disfunctional administration with no accountability

Marcos De Niza High School 3

Posted October 11, 2012
Marcos is a great school as long as your child is not a victim of bullying! Mine just happens to fall victim because he has a visual impairment. I know bullying is a problem at many schools but in this case, it is a matter of how this issues are handled.

Posted September 05, 2009
Marcos is a super high school. My daughter is a senior this year. She has excelled academically, socially, musically, and athletically. This was all possible with the help of many adults at MdN. It is not a perfect school, but which one is? One of the things I love is the diverse student body. My daughter has friends from all backgrounds and knows how to get along with anyone. Our whole family is proud to be part of this school.

Marcos De Niza High School 1

Posted May 12, 2009
I have to agree with the previous poster. The principal's office cares very little for the victim of crimes committed at this school. They do everything in their power to 'make it go away' without dealing with the issues. I think I read in another review that a poster felt the same way. Something needsto change... admitting that there is a problem in your school is not a big deal. Gee, stop trying to look like you have it all together when you clearly, do not.

Posted December 03, 2008
I am a former student of this high school. Contrary of these awfully biased and narrowminded reviews, marcos de niza is a typical high school. It is very diverse (which people are afraid of), and is asbestos free (even though it does not recieve huge amounts of private funding).

Posted September 02, 2008
I love MdN. I would not go to any other school. It's very diverse and we have many great programs. Best Buddies, for example, has been ranked as an oustanding chapter for 5 years in a row. DECA, Adelante, HERO, ICE, and more are among some of the wonderful programs we have to offer. Our art programs are some of the best. Ceramics, photo, computer graphics, they're all great. Padre Pride! Brown and Gold!

Posted June 24, 2008
Great School. Real community feel. Lots of diversity. Wonderful Instructors!

Posted May 29, 2007
Our fourth child will graduate from Marcos de Niza and I couldn't be more proud! Exceptional school - we moved and got a boundry exception so our daughter could attend this school versus Chandler High. Awesome staff - not perfect and they will correct the wrongs to make them right. Highly recommend!

Marcos De Niza High School
6000 South Lakeshore Dr, Tempe, AZ  85283
Last modified Marcos De Niza High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.