McClintock High School

Public | 9-12 | 1855 students

Posted August 12, 2014

My son went to school here, now my daughter, I love this school, my daughter attended another school under a few circumstances but we didnt like the other school so she went back to MHS, I feel teachers are great, the school resource officer, security and all the staff are great :) my daughter will finish high school here.

Posted February 11, 2014

I love working at McClintock High School! The teachers are really great and care a lot about their students!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 9, 2014

McClintock Is a great school! I love that the teachers really care about their students. There are many activities and clubs for students to be involved in. The fine arts department is stellar. The musicals, plays, art show and music concerts are all high quality .....ESPECIALLY the dance concerts! They are so impressive!!! Wonderful school and I am so glad that my children attend this school!!!!

Posted August 28, 2013

The overall feel of McClintock high school is very positive and well-meaning. I personally like that every single member of the staff genuinely wants you to succeed and always have encouraging messages to help you become even more involved in your studies. McClintock High School is a very promising school with even more promising individuals!

Posted August 18, 2011

I made an account on Greatschools JUST to review this school. It s that good. I have to say that this school is one of the best you ll find. The academics here are just incredible (I was in PPA so I m not sure about Mcclintock), but PPA is really flexible and lets you take exactly the classes you need depending on what college you want to get in. The classes are challenging, but they are totally worth it. Most teachers are good too. And student body in Mcclintock is unlike most other schools. I didn t find it cliquey at all. I fit in really quick, and always felt like a part of the school. The students are all not only friendly, but unique. Not like some other schools where most kids act the same, look the same etc. if they re in the same group. Athletics are great, great school spirit, overall, amazing school. I m so sad that I had to leave :(

Posted December 19, 2010

I have had two children go through this school and I would not rate it overall anything above average. Administration is average, counseling is below average, sports experience is average, school spirit is average, a few teachers have been above average but most of them are average as well.

Posted October 21, 2009

My family and I moved here from a small town and so far we like what we've seen and done. We have a daughter who is a junior, and freshman son. They, too, like the school and its staff and students. My wife and I enjoy going to their sporting events because we see the joy in our childrens faces. Most importantly, we love the high academics this school is known for. We're very positive we'll be enjoying McClintock High School and the surrounding area.

Posted October 11, 2009

I Love This School!!! I am currently a Junior and I have had the best years of my life here! I live in Phoenix and I come all the way over here every day just to come to school here. There is no school that can compare to this. Everyone here is great, and I was not bullied my freshman year. In fact I don't think anyone was. Also everyone here has an awesome amount of spirit, especially when we play Tempe High School (our rivals). Well Once A Charger, Always A Charger!!

Posted October 3, 2009

McClintock offers one of the best diversity in classes for my children. I love the school spirit, and wish that there is more that can be done for McClintock HS to get the props that they deserve!

Posted August 30, 2009

My son just started his freshman year here, prior to, he was a student at a very small private school. Thanks to all the great people at this school, he is adjusting well. The teachers, office professionals and couselors are all doing an outstanding job. The school seems to be very structured, very impressed so far.

Posted October 20, 2008

I was very disappointed with how this school prepared students for the future or just for college. They just didnt period. I made numerous calls to the counselors the last 3 years my daughter attended to inquire about getting her ready for college. I had all kinds of questions that just went literally unanswered. I was told to have my daughter stop by which she did and again the counselor was just not helpful. She was pushed to the side. I guess the counselor just assumed she should know what to do. When my daughter was ready to go to college we were really at a disadvantage. I didnt even know about FASFA till after the first semester began. I would not reccommend this school in good conscious to anyone.

Posted September 19, 2008

I love MHS! all the students are chill for the most part and the teachers are the best! they really work to help you and even the office people are helpful! I've been to other schools are none compare! This is the only High School I would ever want to be at now!

Posted February 29, 2008

I love this school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted February 1, 2008

McClintock has an amazing staff that is there for the students 24/7. We have an amazing support system for acadamics, sports and clubs. we try are hardest when it comes trying to exceed at things.

Posted October 19, 2007

The school is great. Most all the teachers are helpful and always focus on bettering their students. I've loved my four years at McClintock and I'm sad to be leaving this year. It's been such an amazing expierence and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Once a Charger, Always a Charger.

Posted January 18, 2007

I love McClintock High School! I am currently a sophomore and I fit here better than I ever had in any school! I had bullying problems in my freshman year, but the teachers helped a lot with that. I'm not saying I ratted anyone out, I just asked for advice. The library there is awesome, and the staff is great! They know the strengths and weaknesses of the students that go their, and they work with them. My personal favorite teacher is the band teacher, Michael Willson, who will unfortunately be retiring this year. Not only does he teach band and music, but he teaches about character and how to be a better person through the way he teaches. I wonder how I will ever be able to leave this school happily!

Posted May 6, 2006

Leadership at the school is good. I feel that students aren't being held accountable academically at this site. I feel students should be expected to work harder. Most disappointing... Sports are very political and this needs to be addressed.

Posted May 6, 2006

After reading other reivews.. I see tht most are happy as long as their children are involved in honors classes payne acad. Need to look closer at the run of the mill student. Thats were I think McClintock isn't as aggressive.

Posted May 6, 2006

we love this school I think my daughter is getting a great education and and a great high school experience The teachers are great.

Posted January 31, 2006

I went to this school and graduated at Mcclintock high school after 4 great years. The teachers are fantastic. They really work with the students and try to help them succeed. The area is great and is really diverse, 5 stars in my book!*****
—Submitted by a former student

Math

The state average for Math was 64% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 86% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 39% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 74% in 2014.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

In 2013-2014 Arizona used the Arizona Instrument to Measure Standards (AIMS) to test students in reading and mathematics in grades 3 through 8 and 10, writing in grades 5, 6, 7, and 10, and in science in grades 4, 8 and 10. GreatSchools' profiles currently show AIMS mathematics, reading and writing results. 2013 AIMS grade 10 results represent on-track 10th graders for the 2013 test year. AIMS is a standards-based test, which means that it measures how well students have mastered Arizona learning standards. Students must pass the grade 10 AIMS in order to graduate. The goal is for all students to meet or exceed state standards on the test.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Source: Arizona Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 13%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (480) 752-8661

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now