Bad
Good

Thanks to Porfirio H gonzalez my kids have great improvement in their grades, best teachers, mrs. Mills(the principal) and mr.vazquez(viceprincipal), do the best effort for students and the school, the school also have great tutorials and programs; I have a lot to thank to P. H. Gonzalez :)

Made many friends at this school. Teachers were great. Also best years of my life.

I am a student at P.H.G and i honestly think its a great school to go to. It is very safe and it is very strict on bullying. The teachers are also great, they spend their time trying to think of something to help their students out. This school has different programs you can have your children sign up for. I think this is an amazing school.

THIS SCHOOL SUCKS! Everyday my son begs me to keep him home, He is struggling with his school work and when he asks for help he says his teachers tell him to just bring it home and ask me. I'm not sure why the Teachers are not wanting to take the time to help these children who are in need of help but it seem slike they would rather just pass it off to the parents. so I say instead of sending our kids to a school who don't care about our kids and there future lets open our own school since our kids are not being taught or even given the opportunity to be successful.

This school is a war zone. The teachers are frequently cursed at by students with little or no consequences from the administration. Very unappealing campus, old outdated buildings and classrooms. Inept principal has been moved to a district position. Hopefully his replacement can turn the school around.

When I first moved to Tolleson in 2008, I searched for a good performing school and found this one. It started out great but it has slowly gone downwards. The entire grading system has changed and the parents were never notified. Now its 80% test, 10% homework, 10% participation. This makes it hard when most of the kids in 6, 7th & 8th are out of control and the teachers cannot prepare the kids enough to pass these test. The teachers are good but the principal, Mr. Medrano and leadership is just not taking this school in the right direction. I don't think I will leave my kids in for the rest of the school year:(

Unfortunately, I ran into some problems with a young teacher, she was unethical and inexperienced. I hope the administrators realize that some of their teachers run into some problems and they make up excuses to try and punish the child. Sorry PH Gonzales your motto all about the people should be changed.

Our experience at ph gonzales has been fantastic. Not just the education but yourpeers are most caring people you can ever meet. The teachers and students treat you like family. The teachers work overtime to make sure you succeed. The discpline is phenominal. They teach you to respect one another. I have never been to a better school than this. They have a bullying program to teach you it's not ok to mistreat kids. They also have after school programs, from tutoring, science club, guitar lessons, teen council, sports, ect....

Last modified Porfirio H. Gonzales Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.