K-8 & Ungraded
Tolleson, AZ

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

This school boasts 26:1 pupil to teacher ratio and has shown tremendous academic growth over the past few years. The staff works as a team for the benefit of our children. The teachers and principal have built a culture of excellence that students have embraced. This school was rated a B school and just missed the A rating by 1 point in 2012. They also just received an honor by the state called "high progress reward school" for the tremendous growth on AIMS. Arizona Desert is an amazing place to be a student and a staff member!!!
April 06, 2013

Posted August 22, 2013
The teachers really care about the students. Morning tutoring is available which is helpful because of work schedule.

Posted August 22, 2013
Arizona Desert is committed to Excellence Everyday. Parents and teachers work together as a team to reach all of our student needs. Teachers are hard working, dedicated and truly believe that all students are capable of success--with not exceptions. I love AZD!

Posted August 06, 2013
Arizona Desert Elementary School is an amazing community of learners. The students are motivated to learn and the teachers are amazing at their craft. Thank you to all the dedicated members of the AZD community!

Arizona Desert Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2013
It is very difficult to find a great school, especially when it's a public school. This has been my sons first year here and his teacher is amazing. He is in the third grade this year. She communicates well with all of the parents which I am very thankful for. We have had a few issues with bullying and my sons teacher has taken care of it immediately. I am disappointed that they are not able to really help those who are more advanced. I guess I will need to find my own way to help my son stay ahead of the curve. I find that the teachers are amazing as is the principal. I am not thrilled with the lady at the front office. She never answers the phone which is aggravating. It is a bummer that there is no playground but I guess there are worse things in life.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted April 06, 2013

Arizona Desert Elementary School

Posted February 05, 2010
This site is very out dated the class size is not 17 per teacher more like 35+ in some cases. School is terrible discipline and students are not all treated with the same in fairness. Big mistake sending my kids there can't get a pta or pto started if their life depended on it but they never thought that it's due to the school refusing to change the small things that would make everything so much easier for parents like lunch those whom pay for it need to know our kids balance not when it's the staff pulling the lunch tray out of the kids hands and telling them they owe handing them a cheese sandwich instead yes this really happened. Communication is a word they have yet to figure out and is the major cause of the schools problems!

Arizona Desert Elementary School 1

Posted July 28, 2009
This school has no control over the education. The teachers don't have a great perspective over the qualties of a well foundation for education. My daughter, has been in the district for all her elemetary years. She has been bullied, humilliated, and no teacher had even gave a little thought of helping her even after being told several times. I hope soon we will be leaving this district!!

Arizona Desert Elementary School 4

Posted July 19, 2005
Great school - small comfortable atmosphere. Super teachers.

Arizona Desert Elementary School 2

Posted July 01, 2005
This is a new school with great promise. The climate at any school starts with the administrator and filters down. Every year there's been a new principal. We need leadership with high energy and commitment to stay for a few years to follow through with programs that get started every year but have no follow through by the next principal. I believe we would have more teachers stay with us if we had strong leadership. The parents and teachers can only do so much on their own. The junior high students need to feel they are a part of the school leadership by being given and taught how to carry out resposibilities. It is also important that they enjoy being at our school. Student and staff morale this year was very low. We started a PTA but had little parental support. Discipline really needs to be tightened also.

Arizona Desert Elementary School 1

Posted June 25, 2005
The Academic programs were not very good. Music Art were o.k. but there was no facilities for P.E. No sports programs. The parent involvemant was great for the k-3 grade kids.

Arizona Desert Elementary School
8803 W. Van Buren Street, Tolleson, AZ  85353
Last modified Arizona Desert Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arizona Desert Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top