Posted November 21, 2014
Thank you for working so diligently in helping me educate my children. The staff there is great!

Posted September 17, 2014
My children attend Arts Academy and have been for the last two years. I am so happy with my girls teachers and the assistant principal is great. Whenever I have a concern it is addressed. My kids love it there and my husband and I are looking forward to A midsummer's night dream!

Posted September 15, 2014
I moved my kids to Legacy Traditional in Sept of 2013 and I'm so glad I did. Legacy is not perfect but it improved to an A rated school and the leadership seems alot more professional. I decided to move my kids after Mr. Alexanderl was disrepectful to my wife when he raised his voice at her after a disagreement. We had been told by both of our children that Mr. Alexander would intimidate the children by yelling at them and belittling them. My kids felt like he was bullying them.

Posted September 13, 2014
I recently removed my children from this school because of the principal. Under his leadership, the school's grade dropped from a B to a C. I have seen him in arguments in the office with parents and decided this is not the place for my children.

Posted May 06, 2014
it is a good place and it has fun things to do mis.borthold is the best LOVE KALEENAH IN MIS.BORTHOLD'S CLASS I HOPE HER SEES THIS

Arts Academy at Estrella Mountain 4

Posted April 21, 2014
I am a teacher at this school and while the school needs to reimplement a fine arts program(after all it is an "arts academy") as well as a band program, it is a great school to work at. I feel supported and encouraged by the vice principal as well as the CEO. The students are hard working and the parents are helpful and supportive. I think the school will continue to improve with positive guidance from administration. Teachers at this school are dedicated and motivated to move students into the 21st century. If anything, I would just encourage administration to recognize all teachers for the hard work they are doing and focus on the positive. Also, implement more rewards/incentives for our students who are truly remarkable whether it is in their grades or their character.

Arts Academy at Estrella Mountain 3

Posted April 16, 2014
The school needs a band and art teacher but other than that i like the school.

Arts Academy at Estrella Mountain 4

Posted April 12, 2014
This is the second year my daughter has attended AAEM. I read the negative comments about the principal and other office staff and I am sorry to hear other parents feel that way. Fortunately, I haven't had any negative feedback from any of the staff or teachers. This year all of my daughter's teachers have been helpful and respond to me promptly via email when issues arise regarding my daughter's education. The parking / picking up children situation could use some reevaluation. It is very challenging. If there was more than one way to enter and exit the school instead of on 91st Ave. , that might alleviate some of the traffic congestion. Other than that, my husband and I are pleased with our daughter's progress at AAEM.

Posted March 10, 2014
I cannot believe how much the school has gone down hill these past 2 years. Communication is the worst it has ever been. My son and his classmates say their teachers complain about the principal during class. Earlier this year I was walking up to the office when I heard the principal arguing and yelling at another parent. Very sad and unprofessional. I will move my son to another school next year.

Posted February 21, 2014
The principal is rude. He needs to learn how to treat people with respect. My daughter loves her teacher but me and other parents cannot stand the parking problem or the principal. I believe he is the wrong person for the job.

Arts Academy at Estrella Mountain
2504 South 91st Ave., Tolleson, AZ  85353
Last modified Arts Academy at Estrella Mountain is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arts Academy at Estrella Mountain Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top