Posted October 01, 2014
The students go to school an extra 20 days in comparison to other districts. They claim that it's for the children's benefit and will provide them with more education. I would agree if the education provided was of value or in some way challenged the students. Instead, my child spends his day helping other students in completing their work. I attempted to address this last year and they kept promising they'd provide more substance. He was taken to a higher grade level class during the last 3-4 weeks of school. There are too many students per classroom, most teachers have little to no experience, and any concerns fall onto deaf ears (including safety concerns).

Posted August 29, 2014
I pulled my kids from this school after last year and put them in another district. This is a bit of a rant. My 2nd grade son had THREE different teachers, and they were giving him third grade level work (and putting him in a third grade classroom) without my knowledge or consent, which is not even legal. Every time they put him in another classroom with a new teacher (this was not due to behavioral problems, but them switching stuff around all year long) no one would tell me. I would have to sign in at the office and go find out who the heck my son's teacher was NOW. The last two weeks of school my son said he was moved again and I was fed up. The teachers and staff treat the parents as if they know better for my own children than I do. I expect to be kept in the loop and I expect to know when and why my son has a different teacher. Totally unprofessional. The good teachers my children did have are long gone, and I don't blame them. Who wants to teach July to June with a cut in pay? The faculty and community voted against extending the school year and the school board approved it anyway. They spend the last four weeks of "extra" school time watching Disney movies.

Posted May 31, 2014
Teachers own children are on the free breakfast and lunch plan. Desperate area and uneducated !!

Country Place Elementary School 2

Posted December 04, 2013
I have been with this school a year now and have one child attending... I hate it. As a mother of nine I have always been very active in my kids education, I read everything, I ask questions. I could not even join the PTO because it cost a 25$ membership fee- seriously? You can never ever speak to any of the admin staff here. I have literally left as many as 5 messages over several days before going to the school and just sitting there until someone found the time to see me- the teachers are good and bad. I did ask for my daughters 7th grade English teacher to be changed because I had a difficult time understanding her- her English is so heavily accented with Spanish that her accent makes it difficult- I simply believed that my daughter should be taught grammar and English by someone that spoke it fluently but this was not possible as there is only the one teacher. They are not as bad as some but certainly not terrific.

Posted August 27, 2013
This school is a wonderful place to work! My daughter attends the school as well and has made many lasting relationships with friends old and new.

Country Place Elementary School 2

Posted April 24, 2011
My child has attended this school for 4 years now and every year it seems to get worse. It was great the first year and went down hill. Last year the teacher texted all day long, this year I can't figure out why my childs grades are so bad. We went from honor roll to a D average. And now I am being told there will be no summer school for the older children at the school. So I guess the kids are forgotten and will start out behind next year. Disappointed.

Posted August 25, 2009
great school with tons of community support! The teachers are great and the kids are excited to go to school and learn everyday. Keep up the good work CP!

Posted July 06, 2009
My daughters were attending Collier Elementary, that school was HORRIBLE!! My issue with Collier was both of safety and of poor management. I requested the transfer to this school last year and it is the BEST thing I did!!! There weren't any concerns with safety, students were great and the school is very well managed. My daughters 8th grade teachers(Hill, Garrison, Tietz & Kauffmann) were amazing educators and because of there teachings, she was accepted into University High School. I can't thank them enough. My other daughter's 5th grade teacher,Mr. Ferrell, was awesome as well, I am ecstatic that they accepted her to return this year, considering we are not in the school zone. THANK YOU Country Place!!!!

Country Place Elementary School 3

Posted September 30, 2008

Posted September 22, 2008
Putting my child in Country Place Elementary was the worst thing I could have done....She is in the 6th grade and is doing 3rd grade work, in California standards... They have given her a math placement test.. 1st.. her teacher said she had one highest scores ever, but they have yet to place her in the proposed math class she should be in.. that was a month ago.. She is finishing her work so fast in class, she is corrected the papers of the other students for the teacher... 2nd.. the 6th grade is still learning to tell time on an analog clock.. o.k. she learned that in 2nd grade.. Not only would I NOT recommend Country Place Elementary to anyone who choses NOT to dumb their kids down... We are going back to Cali.. it's worth struggling out there to make sure she has a better education..

Country Place Elementary School
10207 W. Country Place Blvd., Tolleson, AZ  85353
Last modified Country Place Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Country Place Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top