K-8 & Ungraded
Tolleson, AZ

Posted June 24, 2014
I have been a parent at this school since it opened. I have seen a dramatic change in the school and staff in the past few years. When my students first started, the school was disorganized and the curriculum was lacking. Now I see the school has brought in some quality programs and has high expectations for my kids. I also want to comment on the start up of Make Your Day. This was a tricky adjustment for some of my neighbors because their children are held accountable for their actions on campus but I am very pleased. I have seen a decrease in my kids' complaints about disruptions in the classroom as well as behaviors that I have seen. I continue to be impressed by the growth of this school and can't wait to see what the future brings.

Dos Rios Elementary School 2

Posted March 08, 2014
This school has a high turn over rate for teachers, because of lack of support and lack of consistency. They implement new programs to make the school better, but then do nothing to uphold it. The school would improve if they could support the teachers and uphold the programs.

Posted October 31, 2013
This school has done a major turn around!! We are striving to be one of the best schools in the state.

Dos Rios Elementary School 2

Posted August 07, 2013
Coming from a school where the office staff rolls their eyes at you when you walk in, the charter director walks past parents with questions, a new principal every year, finding out your child's teacher was hired two days before school started. I am excited for my kids who are now attending Dos Rios. The principal seemed courteous, he was in front greeting everyone and helping find class rooms. The office staff was busy, but really nice. I have no complaints about Dos Rios. I'm giving a two star rating, I hope to come back at the end of year to give my full input.

Posted November 07, 2012
I am very disappointed in the way this school works. The most minor incidents result in suspensions. what happened to lunch detentions or after school detentions. They need some help in the disciplinary procedures. The assistant principle is famous for telling you one thing and turning around and saying she never said that. Please be sure to get it in writing!!! Just saying! And the teachers! Dont get me started. I believe they all need some kind of child care class before becoming a teacher. My phone rings off the hook at work or my email alerts keep coming. Schools are suppose to be designed to teach our children and be basically their 2nd home. So tell me why this school has no control over their kids? It is ridiculous. The principle seems like a good guy but i have yet to see him take initiative in fixing these problems. Then i hear from another parent that they have 5th and 6th grade students together in one class. That doesn't fly with me at all. I would never have moved into this neighborhood if i knew about this sight. i would have read these previous reviews and looked for a house elsewhere. This school is unbelievable, unprofessional and out of control.

Posted October 27, 2012
We are very excited for this school year. I am over all very impressed with the principal. I love seeing that my children are greeted every morning with a smile and a how are you today. He is now doing the cross walk in the after school. I would like to invite every parent to come out and volunteer their time at least once a month. Help out in your child's class, during their luch time, recess, or library . Come out the the school events demonstrated to your children that their school is important to you as well. Help our school, by becoming involved.

Dos Rios Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2011
This school year has started out strong with an excellent group of elementary school teachers! I have been involved here with my children for 4 years now and it is better each year. The school has faced many hurdles and gets over them as they come. There is a horrible lack of parental support at the school and I fear the parents who are not involved are the ones who have the bad experiences. Those of us that are involved are able to see areas that need improvement and when brought up receive good feedback. The 3rd grade teachers rocked on test scores last year (2010-11) but hardly anyone knows that. It gets better year by year, they just need more parental support and understanding about funding issues. Funding is extremely low so the school is coming up with innovative ways to educate our children and doing a pretty good job. So, before you post negative comments sit and think a moment- Did you take the time to get to know the staff and the teachers who spend about 7 hours a day with your child? There are always two sides to every story. Did you talk with other parents who know the staff and teachers and might have dealt with the same issue? Investigate before speaking harshly.

Posted June 29, 2011
terrific school great for learing and i recomind you all to take your kids there.

Posted June 02, 2010
After moving to the neighborhood, my 6th grade son attended this school for the last 4 months of the school year and I have never experienced a more unprofessional group of teachers and administrators in my life. He was in Mrs. Acosta's class and I knew I'd have problems with her when she thought my email account was @ Jahoo instead of Yahoo. I had him taken out of her class when my son would everyday come home and complain that she was treating him unfairly. His new teacher was much better but this school still lacks extracurricular activities (no sports, band, art, chess club, dance, drama, ect...ect) I would not recommend this school!

Posted April 19, 2010
I have had issue with this school from the beginning. The principal and assistant principal have little or no respect for the students or their parents. They are not consistant with discipline or communication. It is now the end of the year and I havent received my childs grades all year. Highly disapponted with the level of education that my child has received.

Dos Rios Elementary School
2150 S. 87th Avenue, Tolleson, AZ  85353
Last modified Dos Rios Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dos Rios Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top